4.0 out of 5 stars Nice addition to existing lights, 27 Feb 2011
This review is from: Fibre Flare Full Length Tail Light (Sports)
As a cycle commuter, I have my bike lit up like the proverbial christmas tree. This light has been a useful addition mounted on my helmet for a high-level rear light.
There is something rather odd going on with the description though - a big selling point seems to be the flexibility, yet the light ships with a sticker on it saying "do not bend". Hmm... So I ignored the sticker and bent mine into almost a "u" shape when I fitted it, and it still works fine. Don't expect to be able to twist it around as you fancy though, I'd guess a "u" shape would be about as extreme as it'll go (plus there's a wire along the length of the light which pops out of its housing unless you bend in the right direction (and I'm guessing may even snap if you attempted to put it on the outside of a bend)).
The switch is a bit fiddly, and lacks a positive feel, so if you're switching it on or off by touch it's near-impossible to tell whether you've managed to do so without a visual check.
Not sure I'd rely on it as my only back light, it's nowhere as bright as a 1W LED, or even the regular cateye lights. The wider angle of visibility that a bit of cunning placement gives is its top feature, and it's that wide angle which gets it 4 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 19 July 2012
This review is from: Fibre Flare Full Length Tail Light (Sports)
Its big so its easy to see, especialy from far away on dark roads and its easy to see from from side on angles. This is pretty important to me as I cycle at night on rural roads. The attaching it on to the bike is not brilliant but I usually hang it on my bag so that is not a problem for me.

I am really happy with it but perhaps others would only need a small LED on the back.

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical rear light, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Fibre Flare Full Length Tail Light (Sports)
This is not your average dazzling bright LED light -i.e blinding when on axis and only just about visible at any other angle. It provides a bright and extended illumination area, with excellent visibility at almost any angle. The result is a light that is much more noticeable, enables better distance judgement (by car drivers approaching you) and is not blinding to your buddies if you are riding in a bunch. From a distance this light proves to be much more conspicuous than all my cycling buddies lights - even though it does not look as bright !

Its simple to attach to the bike or your bag and about the only down side is that it is considerably larger than the average rear LED light (but that is also what makes it so effective!)

Fibre Flare Full Length Tail Light