5.0 out of 5 stars How to pass an MOT
Having failed an MOT on emmissions Lambda figure with my beloved old Mazda MX5 I tried the product and a quick thrash down the Motorway.
It worked! Saved myself a furtune on garage bills and new cat or oxygen sensor (as suggested by garage).
Fast Idle
CO down from 0.23 to 0.16%
HC down from 49 to 39ppm
Lambda down from 1.175 to 1.021...
Published on 4 Aug. 2011 by Wooly

2.0 out of 5 stars didn't work on my car
I put Cataclean in my W reg Vauxhall zafira 107000 miles, failed the mot on emissions reading 0.71. After I used it took it back for the MOT it failed on emissions again reading 0.71, ended up changing the cat don't think it works on every car
Published 13 months ago by mr j s smith

5.0 out of 5 stars How to pass an MOT, 4 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Cataclean 450ml Engine and Catalytic Converter Cleaning Treatment (Automotive)
Fast Idle
CO down from 0.23 to 0.16%
HC down from 49 to 39ppm
Lambda down from 1.175 to 1.021.

Natural Idle
CO down from 0.14 to 0.02%

Hippeee!

5.0 out of 5 stars Could save you a fortune, 18 April 2011
Delighted with Cataclean - has revived my spluttering Focus 1.6 after a coil failure dumped fuel into the cat and choked it.
Been running rough for 6 months now, hoping to 'burn it off' on some longer motorway trips but to no avail. One slug of this has transformed the engine back to how it used to be; smooth running from cold, instant start, like it never happened.
Great product - thoroughly recommend it.
Will save you a fortune on a cat change and well worth a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Car passed its MOT today, 22 July 2014
I had an engine warning light come on about 6 months ago which was something to do with emissions. Garage cleared it for me, I believe it was something to do with the sensors on the catalytic converter for air quality. Garage warned me light would likely come back and there was a possibility it would fail MOT on emissions.

I bought this on a punt hoping (but not very optimistically!) it would stave off expensive garage bills. 6 months later, no more problems and my car has passed its MOT so really happy and would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars It will pass you an MOT, 15 Jun. 2014
If you are borderline on emissions test this will pass you an MOT. Apart from that it does not improve fuel consumption as claimed.

It is very expensive for less than 0.5 a litre of essentially fuel with some additives but it seems to get the job done. Before I used this my car failed the MOT emissions test and after I used it I passed the MOT so saved me some hard earned cash.

5.0 out of 5 stars It did work for me...., 13 Nov. 2010
I took my car to the garage and was told I needed a new catalytic converter - which was probably due to my running the car on very old petrol. The car was running really rough so there was definitely a problem with it, and the lambda sensors were illuminated (these are the ones which tell you the fuel/oxygen mixture settings are wrong, or more likely, you get that reading if the sensor itself is duff). I was a bit dubious at first because some experts doubted whether such a product could clean as far as the cat - but I thought at that price, I may as well give it a try. Basically, the car is now running smoothly again - I put 2 bottles through at a stronger concentration than recommended (about 1 1/2 times the strength) just to be sure - not sure if that was necessary, but my overall saving was about £1200. So it did work, at least for me, and it would also seem to be able to get as far as the catalytic converter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really, really good!, 28 July 2010
This stuff is brilliant - it really works!!
I am a Driving Instructor with a 30 month old diesel Corsa with 67000 miles on the clock.
A lot of my journeys are with learner students and as such are very short stop / start.
After putting Cataclean into my fuel tank I noticed an almost immediate difference -the car was much more responsive; only using it a couple of weeks but I reckon I'm also getting a few extra miles per gallon.
Would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cataclean Does It., 8 Dec. 2011
Hi, Used Cataclean for the past few years, just before the M.O.T. test on the car. Always passes the test for the emissions, and as the car is quite old now I am very pleased. Thanks Cataclean.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me no problem.. emissions were 0 ..., 30 Jun. 2014
Worked for me no problem.. emissions were 0.512% co 88ppm hc and lambda 1.031 pre cataclean and fail on mot
put this in tank and drove for aournd 30 miles retested emissions they were 0.01% 17ppm hc and lambda 1.01 i reset the eml too
tbh its worth taking the chance its cheaper than a cat ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Been a good engine so far, 3 July 2014
christopher greenfield (scarborough, n yorks United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Nissan 2litre X-Trail Diesel with 38,000 miles engine runtime. Been a good engine so far, and relatively quiet. Engine nicely run in and just starting to have some diesel engine rattle beginning. Engine also been a little sluggish of late, even though once a year it has a fuel system flush every 12 month service interval. After a lot of research, chose this product after reading a trade magazine recommending it, as a lot of the other products are not as good as what we may hope for. Diesel system clean again, good engine response has returned, engine is smoother running and a little quieter too. Very pleasing, and I will be using this product again.

5.0 out of 5 stars cataclean, 2 Jun. 2011
Keith G. Duckworth (preston,lancs,england) - See all my reviews
i have used this product for many years on different cars and have nothing but praise for this product 20 out of 10 its that good