5.0 out of 5 stars New Lens for my Pentax, 9 Jan 2012
This review is from: Pentax smc DA 50-200mm f/4-5.6 ED WR Zoom Lens (Electronics)
I needed a telephoto lens to get some better shots of the wildlife around my house and garden, particularly the birds, close up they are fantastic! I just had the standard 18 - 55mm lens before so thought the Pentax SMC DA50-200mmF4-5.6ED WR Zoom Lens would be ideal, and it is. No problems, it is easy to attach and use and the results are great. Really recommend this medium price addition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, light and compact., 2 Oct 2010
John Williams (Apeldoorn, Netherlands) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I bought this lens for my Pentax K-x. It is a useful length, slightly overlapping the 18-55mm kit lens at its shortest focal length and extending to the equivalent of 300 mm in the old 35 mm format its longest. Not being a serious wildlife or sport photographer, I can't imagine ever needing anything longer than this. It is very light and compact, not much bigger than the kit lens at its shortest extension (so no problems holding it steady), and sharp and bright enough for me. It feels sturdy enough. The zoom ring turns smoothly with a reasonable amount of resistance, though the focusing ring is rather loose for my liking, and I do use manual focusing quite often. It comes with a lens hood that fastens easily and which can be reversed so that the assemblage can be stowed away compactly when not in use. It does not come with a carrying case, but I'm sure you've got plenty of odd socks in which to keep it protected. One little gripe. This lens's predecessor had a 52mm filter thread, which is the same size as that on the 18-55mm kit lens, so why when upgrading the lens did Pentax choose to downsize the filter thread to 49mm? Surely it would have been (at least) as easy to stick with the 52mm thread, thereby obviating the need to buy an ungainly adaptor for one's 52mm filters. Ho hum.... Anyway, a decent enough lens that produces acceptable pictures, though I doubt whether I'll be using it as much as my kit lens or super wide zoom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with a K50., 8 Nov 2013
Nickrs (Montgomeryshire) - See all my reviews
I wanted a weather resistant zoom lens to go with my weather resistant Pentax K50 camera and I'm delighted with the result. Nice, bright and clear images even at full magnification. Very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 20 Dec 2012
Really well constructed and a great addition to my cheaper (but what I can afford!) photography collection. Superb for capturing sports but light and available for immediate use when travelling, where I rarely felt the need to change lens.

5.0 out of 5 stars great lens and simple to operate, 12 Jun 2014
C. Wilkinson - See all my reviews
really good pircahse for my camera. has improved my shooting at sports events immensely. I have not had problems with teh speed of the zoom as shots have been focussed superbly on the subject

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it!!, 30 Mar 2014
S. Randle "Stuart Randle" (Tamworth, UK) - See all my reviews
I thought very, very, hard hard about this purchase. With my K10/K500 kit I already had the previous, non-WR DA version of this lens and wondered if I was really buying the same lens twice. But my first impressions are very favourable - the lens looks and feels like a good heavy-duty pro lens and with the WR seals is a proper match for my K-3 for dodgy conditions. My first results are great - glad I bought it!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 1 April 2013
Excellent value for money. Well built and smooth operation. Probably not the best lens if you are after perfection but then you would expect to pay a lot more than this. Not tried in the wet yet but sure it will be Ok.