on 15 October 2013
I have worn Caterpillar Mardy Fur Boots for years and i have to say that over the past few years the quality of these boots have declined greatly. They no longer manufacture them in the same country as when i originally purchased my first few pairs.
The heels used to be so so solid but now they are nowhere near as good. The heels wear down pretty quickly - and i am an outdoor girl, walking on rough roads etc. You cannot even bang in heel grips because of the nature of the rubber used in sole/heel as the grips spring straight out. The stitching on leather lets in water - so these are in fact not waterproof.
For someone wearing these boots in a Shopping Centre then yes you will get plenty of use out of them.
They do look great with jeans (and my calves are average sized) - they certainly would look a bit bulky on someone who is very thin. Size wise i agree that they are for the narrower foot although they do loosen up over time.
I personally love the 'builder look' and you get it with these.
Would i pay £100 for these boots? NO - years ago when the quality was much better then YES - as i did.
on 6 December 2009
the boots are nice and solid, warm in the winter , they look great
the only criticism i have is that they really would have benefitted from a zip on one side as its so hard getting them on and off that i dont wear them as much as i would like.
on 7 May 2013
I have had these boots for over a year now and have a mixed opinion of them.
I love the look and they do look exactly the same as they do in the picture - they go with so many things.
The material is sturdy and hardwearing - I get the impression they are going to last me a long time.
However, I find them really uncomfortable after wearing for a couple of hours. The fluff on the inside is incredibly thin and doesn't cushion the rock-hard material underneath. They are also slightly narrow at the end so they will probably be very comfortable for people with narrow feet. However, if you have normal shaped feet or wide feet then these are a no go!

Bottom line, I always find myself wanting to wear these through the winter but change my mind last minute as the thought of wearing them for a day out makes my feet ache!
on 26 February 2015
Bought these for my wife. Pro tip: they are real leather and you will most likely struggle to get them on and off when you first buy them. They nearly got sent back until someone advised my wife put a plastic bag over her foot and they went on fine. Do this a few times to loosen them up and they'll be fine. Really good quality and incredibly cheap compared to the highstreet.
on 10 December 2009
I normally wear size 4 or 5 (i have wide feet). I ordered size 4 and they felt OK. After a few wears, they have definately softened and stretched to become very spacious inside. They look great but when it's wet outside, these are possibly the most slippery footwear i've owned (excluding leather sole shoes).
on 11 December 2009
They look great and are nice and warm but after only a few days one of the heals fell off. They are also very heavy and difficult to walk in.
on 19 November 2009
The boot was lovely - nice leather and soft lining, but the shoe part of the boot is extremely narrow, so they did not fit.
on 17 November 2014
Before ordering the pair I went to read some comments and found out in a couple of them that the boot is a bit narrow and difficult to wear because of it. I ordered then a slight bigger size, I'm 3.5 (size that is not there anyway), so I went with 4 and I must say they fit perfectly!
Still a bit narrow, but definitely comfortable once my feet are inside.
on 17 November 2013
These boots look great, and are very rugged. They are very stiff at first and quite hard to get on and off, but according to other reviews they do wear in so I will just keep going with them. The tops are also quite wide, so if you were very skinny they might be quite large round the calf. A good boot for the price though, and look great with jeans.
on 16 November 2009
THESE BOOTS ARE VERY COOL!
VERY COMFY AND COSY!!
I LOVE THEM GREAT WITH TROUSERS AND SKIRTS.