on 26 April 2010
My Niece has this game and was showing me whilst at her home, my Sister in law admitted that she liked playing it as well, it did look good and being a young at heart girly girl myself I thought I would buy it and see for myself, as a middle aged woman I thought it would be far to young a game for me, but was pleasantly surprised when I spent several hours playing it and craved more, its very addictive and I have found myself playing into the early hours not being able to put it down.
A game I think would suit any age, probably more suited to females but no reason why males couldnt play it.
A real lengthy game, not one that you play for an hour and have completed, there is many many hours play in this one making it really good value for money, and when you have completed it there is no reason you cant do it all over again.
Well worth the money if you like fashion, I would say buy it now.
on 12 July 2010
I got this DS game for my birthday and to be honest wasn't particularly sure if I really did want it. However, after playing on it for about 15 minutes I realised how wrong I was. This game is very addictive! There are so many things that you can do such as: choosing your outfits own to wear, having your hair done, buying make-up, entering fashion contests, meeting customer needs, changing your shop interior and shop music, clothing mannequins in the window, putting on sales, creating and mailing out leaflets and of course going to the exhibitions and purchasing clothes for your shop! This game feels like you could play it over and over and not get bored, you can use any clothing combinations you like. It's fantastic!
on 21 October 2013
Style Boutique is easily my favourite game on the DS, and three years on I'm still playing it.

Girls of all ages can enjoy this game; I am in my early twenties and not at all embarrassed to admit that I love it!

You begin the game as an employee at a local boutique. You are taught how to judge individual customers' tastes and serve them accordingly. As you improve, you are offered your very own boutique, that you can name and decorate as you please. You are even given an assistant, although her presence is largely irrelevant; she does not actually serve the customers. You must do all the work and all she has to contribute are a few tips, and occasional comments on how attractive she finds a particular male character. Don't worry, you don't pay her. I assume she collects her wages from your former boss, who you can visit for tips and advice whenever you want. You can buy store music, store layouts, and stock space for your boutique, and, when you have decided that you have mastered all the different styles and trends, you can enter a contest.

There are many different styles of dress and you must be able to identify each style, as your customers will walk into your boutique and ask you to choose something for them. They may ask for a particular type of top (such as a T Shirt or cami), a pair of trousers, a particular type of skirt (long or mini), shoes, or an accessory, and you must guess the brand of clothing that the customer is wearing, and bring them an item from that brand. However, sometimes a customer appears to be wearing a mix of brands, and it gets a little trickier. Some of the styles in the game include: Punk, "Feminine and mature," Gothic, Lolita (a style in Japan), Asian, old-fashioned, urban, glamorous, sporty, vintage, and cute. The more you play the game, the more you will learn the tastes of your customers, as you will get repeat customers that you will serve again and again. It can get a little tedious at times, when certain customers come in every day asking for the same item. I cannot tell you how many times in the last few days Genevieve has asked for a cardigan, or Missy has asked for a pair of "modern-looking trousers." It doesn't matter if you offer the same item to a customer that she bought yesterday. It still counts. You can buy stock from the Exhibition Hall, and everything you buy for your boutique also goes into your own wardrobe in your apartment, for you to wear whenever you want. You will probably have a style that you like best, so you can decorate your boutique with a layout that attracts customers wanting that style; for example, if you like the punk look, you can purchase a dark layout for your shop complete with chains, spikes, voodoo dolls, guitars, and music posters. You can also purchase fitting store music.

Additionally, you can purchase makeup from the beauty salon, change your hair style and colour, and go out with your customers (who become your friends) to fill up your photo album.

There are even more things you can do, such as design items for the brands you sell most of (although this just consists of changing colours of existing items, and more often than not you are given the same item to "design" again and again); send out leaflets advertising particular items; and dress the mannequins in your shop window. Customers will be attracted by these mannequins, and may even purchase the whole outfit.

All in all, a very fun game that can be enjoyed for hours at a time. There are many different customers with their own personalities, and three years on I'm still getting brand new customers. The only thing that can get a bit tiresome is that the customers tend to use exactly the same phrases - after serving a dozen people, hearing the same exclamations of delight can be repetitive. Still, a very addictive game that you will likely not be able to turn off.
on 30 December 2010
Style boutique. some people may think It's just some dress up game. their wrong. style boutique is a whole new world for you to enjoy.

you start off in your manager grace's shop. your aim is to serve customers and make them happy. then the fun begins you get your own shop!

you can choose from many styles, from posh to punk. you still serve some of the same costermers like Elizabeth and the lovely zoe but there are thousands of different one's aswell. the exhibetion hall is my favourite place. the clothes are just gorgeus. my fave brands are alvarado, which is expensive,penbridge which is british, az-usa which is funky,marble lily which is babydoll,dazies which is wild and april bonbon which is cute.

you get to choose make-up which has every diffrent colour of brown to every diffrent colour of pink. then there's the hair salon which is my second fave place. they have every colour of hair dye you can think of even white and grey!

I love serving people It's so fun. me and my mum met up with each other and that was fun too because you can buy from each other.

the things that I get annoyed about are sundays when you have to wait until the next day to get your clothes, when grace comes in and tells you that your mannequin is dressed to much or underdressed, ur hello your not my boss anymore! and another thing I get annoyed about is that renee works with you as I don't really like her.

anyway style boutique is the best buy it!
on 30 December 2010

anyway style boutique is the best buy it!
on 26 August 2011
I got this game for my birthday a week ago and I have been playing it ever since! I really like it and it is so addictive! I have won 4 fashon contests. Some of the customers are hard to deal with and some are easy. Sometimes someone comes to your shop and asks you to be a guest designer. You can decide whether you want to or not. If you say yes you can design the colour of the dress, top, etc. You can never get bored with this game and as you can see i really like it. This is a must have for girls that love shopping, designing, and FASHION!!!!!
on 2 February 2013
I'm a 15 year old girl, and I absolutely LOVE this game. I don't even care that it's aimed at eight year olds, I just love it.
The game contains a variety of fun characters, from Grace who teaches you the ins and outs of the fashion world, Renee who is your shop assistant, Godfrey, the housekeeper of the very rich and handsome Dominic and even his maid, Euince. (Don't forget Ro-co-co!)
In the game, your goal is to build up to be a five-star boutique. To get this title, you need to serve customers and sell them items you think they'd like. You have to buy stock to do this, of course. You can also enter fashion contests and win rare items and awards, which often leads to you getting an article in a magazine, which is great advertisment!
Your customers often invite you out places too, like Chinatown or just out for tea, and a photographer (who's name I can't remember!) always takes your photo, which you can keep in an album.
Because of the wide variety of items you can buy, you can make your person anyone you want, with help from the hair dresser and the beautician.

I've literally spent hours on this game, and it's really great. Every little girl needs this game, even if they're not so little and they're infact teens...
on 7 December 2010
I got this game for christmas last year, when i was 12. It was a really good game for me, as it doesnt finish after you've done all of the competitions, you can keep playing.
But.
I have unlocked everything, have a 5 star shop, had 1000+ customers, loads of personal cash that i can only spend on makeup and hair, and all i can do now is serve customers and buy more clothes for my store.
The only upside was Dominic, the utterly gorgeous manager of Primavera, and he hints so many times that he likes you. But it goes nowhere. Its so annoying!
I have read that he asks you out on a date, but seriously, i have played months after getting 1000 customers (when he's supposed to ask you out) and nothing has happened.
He basically disappears after you have finished the international contest :@
Anyway, I did really enjoy this game and it is long lasting. But if you could go out with Dominic, then that would have given more diversity and elements to the game, and made it more appealing. Who doesn't love a virtual relationship?
on 3 December 2010
I bought this game for my daughter last year and it's still the game she comes back too most often on her DS. She's played it through to the end and then kept playing, and kept playing and kept playing. She can play it for quick blasts or on long car journeys. The appeal utterly escapes me but it appears to be catnip to small girls...
on 13 May 2010
Style Boutique is such an awesome game! I couldn't put it down but there is still loads to complete which is unusual for a DS game. I would recomend this game to age 7+ and to people who love fashion dasigning and styling.get this game or you are missing out, big time!