5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!
What a fantastic bit of kit! Fun, fun, FUN!!!
Exercise for the whole family. Ours is: 60yr male, 50yr female, 22yr male & female, 10yr boy.
Published on 14 Jan 2010 by S. James

3.0 out of 5 stars Wii Fit Plus
Slightly disappointed. I bought it hoping it would encourage me to exercise, but repetitive congratulations/admonishments get a bit tedious. The exercises are good and varied and you have the choice of Aerobic, Balance, Muscular etc and some are damn difficult (at my advanced age!) However I WILL persevere.
Published on 10 July 2010 by B. Perry

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!, 14 Jan 2010
S. James - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nintendo Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board - White (Wii) (Video Game)
What a fantastic bit of kit! Fun, fun, FUN!!!
The balance board is the means of recording weight, bmi and progress for each participant. It takes weight up to 23st 8lb, so if you are looking for a starting point without embarassing yourself at the gym, this is definately for you! Go for it!!!
The games are many and varied, with realistic starting levels which progress as your skills improve. The yoga and muscle workouts are well thought out, with an option to set your own routines. Some of them I still find absolutely impossible, but I'm working on them!
Each one in our family has diferent strengths and weaknesses, and it's been interesting to pinpoint these and work on them. It has also meant that each of us is at the top of the leaderboard for something.
So, if you are looking for active games, this is it.
If your are looking for a serious workout, this is it.
If you want to challange your skills alone or side by side with other participants, this is it. Go for it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars exercising without the embarrassment, 1 April 2010
Su (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I had been looking at the Wii Fit for quite a while but something always came up before I got round to getting one. Then in the sales after Christmas there it was - the new Wii fit plus - it was irresistible, and so managed to get one.

There is a weight limit of 330 lbs (23 stone 8 lbs or 149.7 kg). The Wii fit plus contains all the original Wii fit "games" plus an extra 21 new activities. I don't have the original Wii fit so I cannot tell which of the games are original and which games are the new ones.

You can play from within the general menu of games or use the "my wii fit plus" option. Within the "my Wii fit plus" option you have the option of completing set Wii fit plus routines, creating your own personal routines or picking an activity from a list of your most used games. It is also useful to click on the animated wii fit board as you can get a nice selection of the games you like to play.

Of the "my Wii fit plus" options I have found the "my routine" option the best. The "my routine" option allows me to pick and choose the activities which I undertake during a Wii fit session: it allows the user to ensure that the Wii fit does not select exercises which will cause any further issues with injuries or illnesses. For example, if you have a back injury or an illness there will be some exercises that you will be unable to do.

Multiplayer mode allows you to test yourself against family and friends, but you need to remember that the longer and more vigourously you play the stiffer you will be in the morning.

One good thing about the Wii fit is no matter what length of time between use it doesn't moan at you the way some of the brain training programs do.

Once you have your Wii fit connected to the Internet you can download it the "Wii fit plus Channel" - it needs 121 blocks of memory on the Wii fit (whatever that means). I downloaded it and I have to say that I could find no difference in the game play (except for a disc loading comment which I had never had before) - there were no extra visible games, nor could I find an option for wii fi playing.

The best thing about the wii fit is that you are exercising in the privacy of your own home, without other people watching what you are doing or trying to get you to do more that you feel ready to - going to a gym is especially difficult if you are self conscious or afraid that you may look stupid because you don't know what to do.

A years gym membership is also expensive and the wii fit plus is a one off cost that you can take out of its storage box when you are ready or have a few moments. Most gyms expect you to make a booking and book the piece of equipment you want to use, this is never a problem with the wii fit - unless you run out of batteries for the remote or board.

I have to say that I enjoy the balance games, as well as games such as obstacle course, snowball fight and rhythmic kung fu. If you do the jogging "games", and you have previously played Wii Sports Resort, then you will recognise the island and many of its locations. Even now after three months I have still not tried all the games available on the Wii fit plus.

You are given a way of tracking your health, weight and fitness without the embarrassment of other people being present. It is embarrassment and cost that stops many people from going to a gym in the first place so the Wii fit, in that sense, is a godsend.

I have the wii fit with balance board, but you can buy it separately - whether or not the few extra games are worth the money I'm not sure, I know I would be very ticked off if I had the original and paid out for this to find that it was just the old games with a couple of extras added.

If you don't have the original wii fit then I would suggest that you go for the wii fit plus and get the extras, but if you have the original you may want to think twice about the expense of a new disc for just a handful of new games.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and addictive home fitness tool!, 13 Mar 2010
C. Sheppard (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I got this for Christmas and three months later I'm still using it on a reasonably regular basis, that's better going than any other "fitness" product I have ever bought and testament in itself to how good wii fit is.

Wii fit plus has it's serious side (yoga, muscle exercises) and it's fun side (balance games etc) but all together is an excellent fun package that keeps me coming back for more. I have noticed a definite improvement in my muscle tone an flexibility through using this product in conjunction with a hard streetjazz class I do once a week. Once a week wasn't enough for me but combining it with doing wii fit for around an hour at least once a week in between the classes has made a big difference and is definitely improving my overall body tone and fitness. I haven't lost much weight but I have noticed an improvement in my shape and with muscle weighing more than fat I'm not too bothered, hopefully the weight will start to go down eventually too. I just generally feel much better and look better, even after only 3 months.

The balance games are excellent fun, I usually do a couple to warm up before doing yoga and then the muscle exercises and finally aerobics.

I was a bit sceptical that a video game could really give you a good workout, but as long as you do the exercises properly it really, really does. I find the Super Hula Hoop an especially tiring workout, I've unlocked 10 minutes on "super advanced" but have yet to try it as I'm still trying to get about 1000 spins on 6 minutes - I don't know if I'll ever manage it but I get tantilisingly close each time (976 is my personal best!). It's the little competitive aspect of wii fit that makes it quite addictive. You see your own previous best and other players best scores and each time you try to beat them.

If you're not the type of person who can normally stick to an exercise routine like gym (though I manage to keep going to dance class because it's fun) this may just be what you need to give you a bit of an extra fitness boost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing since sliced bread!!, 12 Mar 2010
B. Brown (Cleveland, England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
That is so true!!! We are in our 70's and, like other people our age group, have various aches and pains. Anyway, since getting the Wii Fit Plus + board we have had so much fun with it. It is played on every day for at least 30 mins, both doing the exercises and the games. My wife has gone down a dress size and we virtually fight to use it. When one of our friends come round we have such a laugh because it comes out again and we all have a go on it. Much better than watching TV. You exercise without realising it and I would thoroughly recomend it to all age groups. Get buying if you haven't already done so.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than Wii Fit, 2 Nov 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Having had Wii Fit for over a year and been quite frustrated by the time it takes to work through the routines I was very keen to give this a try to see if there was an improvement over the original. It certainly is, you get everything you had with the Wii Fit plus a number of extras.

There is quite a lot that is new on Wii Fit Plus, some of it is a novelty like the ability to add in either your pets or a baby - all that does is allow you to weigh them on a regular basis so that you can check their weight. Helpful if you have pets you are trying to slim down and useful perhaps if you want to check your baby's progress but don't worry they aren't allowed to exercise so Nintendo haven't 'lost the plot'.

There is the facility to plan a workout although the only sections you can choose from are the Yoga and the Muscle exercises. This is a handy little feature as it totals up the time so you can choose the right number of workouts to fill say a half hour slot and then use that on a regular basis. If I have a criticism of this feature it is that it only appears to let you have one custom workout stored at any one time - I would have preferred the ability to store half a dozen.

That said there are some preset routines which you can choose from to allow you to work on specific targets such as fitness, flexibility etc and this is very useful. If you prefer you can also ask the Wii Fit to design a routine for you.

I do love this flexibility because very often I want to do a half hour workout and I used to hate waiting for all the interval between exercises. The slight downside is that it doesn't score your performance for each exercise but in any event that used to get tedious to me so I am pleased that I can now avoid it.
Nintendo have also added a whole new section of fun 'games' called Training Plus which include things like skateboarding, snowball fights, flying like a bird, juggling - I could go on and on. I have tried them all and they are good fun, some more so than others from my perspective, but I think it is fair to say that there is something for everyone in that section and they would be hilarious at a party as some of them are especially tricky to master. If I have a criticism of this section it is that I would have liked some instructions on how to do them but to be honest once you have tried and got a rotten score you soon learn what you should be doing to do better!

I love the fact that Nintendo have also introduced a little brain work into the exercises as well. One of the features when it works out your brain age required me to balance whilst clicking on random numbers in ascending order - sounds simple but when you are trying to keep your centre of gravity in the centre and use you brain to select numbers you do need to concentrate. Similarly in one of the fun games you have to swing your hips to hit 'mushrooms' whose numbers add up to 10 which means doing quick mental arithmetic whilst exercising - great fun and a good way to smarten up your mental arithmetic.

Other new features includes the provision of a MET Value - A MET value is added to each exercise, in order to calculate calories burnt. MET stands for "metabolic equivalent" and is defined as "the ratio of the work metabolic rate to the resting metabolic rate". Sounds complicated but in practice it just gives you an idea of how many calories you have burnt during your workout which is useful.

Nintendo have provided some expanded training modes - Aerobic & Jogging both have additional courses, Step Rhythm Remix includes new songs. There are 3 new Yoga exercises and 3 new Muscle exercises. All this plus the option for Multiplayer mode to allow all the family to join in.

So do I think it is worth buying - yes I do, it has renewed my interest in keeping fit and that can't be a bad thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 26 Dec 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This product came very quickly and is great for a christmas present. The setup is simple and easy to follow. You can do so many things with games such as skiing, boxing and obstacle courses and also keep fit and healthy with jogging, yoga and muscle work-outs. You have a trainer which shows you what to do and the software is very friendly! ALso, it allows you to measure your BMI and it asks you if you would like to set a goal of what you would like to lose or gain weight. You can also see after every exercise how much calories you have lost and how long each exercse has been.

Overall, it is a great product which I would recommend to anyone interested in the Wii fit plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of fun burning fat!, 4 Jun 2011
Length:: 2:59 Mins

Here is a short review and set up guide for the nintendo wii balance board.
It's a great way to burn those calories while having fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Recovery, 1 Dec 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Almost a year to the day i had a serious accident where i broke my spine in 2 places and damaged my spinal cord, whilst i have been lucky enough to walk again i was still very concerned with my fitness and posture. I bought this item not just for fun but also with the hope of improving fitness and posture, on my first attempt at the wii fit i got a wii age of 51 (I am 36) i was a little deflated, but with perseverance i have managed to get that age down to high 30's. Friends and family have also mentioned how my walking has improved and posture. Iwould reccomend this product to anyone who has been or is in a similar situation to me for recovery and yes it is also a lot of FUN....

5.0 out of 5 stars A first for me, 5 Feb 2010
maximus (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I would describe myself as a games console and video games NON-enthusiast. But when the Wii was first released a few years ago, I have to admit that because of friends' anecdotes and rave recommendations of the Nintendo Wii console, I became tempted. A few months after the initial furore I did look into buying one for myself, but I found the very deliberate phased release of limited number of consoles (which kept the price artificially high) rather annoying, so I gave up and decided to wait a while until it became more widely available. But it then disappeared off my radar of "must buys" for various reasons, and I forgot about it, and stopped following any news or releases of The Wii and games/accessories. Until my GP said I should think about losing some weight (about a stone to be precise). I tried via diet alone (I am a bit exercise lazy ....), but it only worked for a few pounds, which came back up after Xmas anyway. One of my friends suggested the Wii Fit ...I said .. the what? I looked into it, and having read some reviews, I bought the console and Wii Fit Plus package at the same time. The good thing is that now you can buy them together (and including good games with the console and the Plus software with the balance board) at pretty much the same cost that the Wii console alone with maybe a game or two were when it was first released - not including the Fit package.

I am told the Wii Fit Plus is far superior to the original, I can see why. From the moment you set it up, the guidance for a NON-enthusiast like me, is spot on and before I knew it I had it all planned and the exercise regime sorted and better understanding of the types of exercises suited to me.

To cut a long story short, that was 3 weeks ago. I have so far lost half a stone without getting strained or any aching joints/muscles :-) I exercise with the Wii Fit Plus and Balance Board, about 5 times a week. The targets and graphs are a real bonus which to a numbers and science geek like me is a really interesting feature anyway.

My favourite activities on the Fit Plus software are: Steps, Hoola, Snow sports (Ski Slalom, Ski Jump, Snowboard slalom) Rhythm Kung Fu, Boxing, Driving Range, Cycling. Eventually once I lose the weight, I will start concentrating on the more toning/muscle building and Yoga exercises.

Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Wii Fit combines FUN + FITNESS + FAMILY, 10 Nov 2009
Mr. William Oxley "oxenblocks" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The Wii Fit with board is Extremely Good Fun, and it tires you out, keeps you motivated to lose weight, or burn calories. Cancel the expensive gym membership and invest in this! You will need a Wii console Nintendo Wii Console (Black) with Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort including Wii Remote Plus Controller (Wii) which are now a bargain at £100.

Wii Fit or Wii Fit PLUS - definitely PLUS. It has a whole load of extra elements that raises the Wii Fit from good with some annoying bits to GREAT!

The following are in the Wii Fit Plus version only:

TRAINING PLUS: Have fun -
15 games; Perfect 10, Cycling, Rhythm Kung Fu, Driving Range, Segway Circuit, Birds Eye Bulls-Eye (Warning: you will look silly flapping your wings like a chicken), Snowball Fight, Obstacle Course, Tilt City, Rhythm Parade, Big Top Juggling, Skateboard Arena, Table Tilt Plus, Balance Bubble Plus, & Jogging Plus.

WII FIT PLUS: Build up a sweat -
Choose a set routine of Yoga and Muscle work outs or build your own regime. Punish yourself with a long routine or just warm up with a short one - you decide. There are four different set routines Lifestyle, Health, Youth, & Form.

MULTIPLAYER: Laugh out loud -
Compete against your family & friends. This is one element where the Wii Fit Plus comes in its element. And possibly one time when the family will be all together and enjoying themselves.

The Original Wii Fit stuff is all there: Yoga exercises, Muscle exercises, Aerobic exercises, & Balance games (skiing, snowboarding, ski-jumping, table tilt, tight rope, heading...)

FUN FITNESS FAMILY - the new essential FFF for you!

Nintendo Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board - White (Wii)