5.0 out of 5 stars I'm dissapointed....that I can't rate it higher
Now, I'm someone very fond of Nintendo, using his mum's account to write a review. This game has made me even more fond of them. The graphics are amazing, once you reach the lava level in World 6 you'll just immediately go "Wow". The levels are great, they range from easy but still highly enjoyable to harder and taking more effort. There's a bit of a difficulty change...
Published on 18 July 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sequal
Most people hold this above the first, but personally I preferred the original. That said, it still is a fun, bright and entertaining game. 7/10
Published 6 months ago by Mr. J Sr.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 421 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great game for Mario fans, 4 Oct. 2011
Mr. L. C. Emmott "Lee Emmott" (Uk Leeds) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
I will state the good things on this game:

* The graphics is super on top of everything like you would think so for a Mario game.

* It's much more longer than the first one, it take you 3-6 hours to complete.

The bad things for this game is:

* They's a lot of repeating levels like boss fights some are in the first one so fighting them again will make you remember how you defeat them if you played number one.

* It's goodish however some stages look a lot like the original game.

It's very colourful as you expect it to be.

They's also a lot of backtracking to some of the levels once you done that level then the Cosmic levels appear on that level to gain another star.

The controls is a nice way to play the game with the Wii Remote.

They are lots of power up's throughout the game to help you too some new ones like Rock Mario.

You can be Luigi too he helps you find some of the stars.

Graphics: 95%
Nice graphics a lot of work went into this game.

Game play: 90%
Game play is quite good for the Wii.

Lifespan: 90%
Once you do complete it then they's only going back to the stages and collecting the extra stars onto them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultra ultra fun, ultra ultra ultra hard., 11 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
Galaxy 2 improves on it's predecessor in pretty much every way, and that really says it all; the most creative, imaginative, masterpiece in Nintendo's mighty cannon has been trumped by it's very own successor. With new ideas, new surprises, at every corner Galaxy 2 will keep you hooked for many dozens of hours whatever your age. Because this game really does cater for every age, every background, from the youngest child, to the greenest adult and the veteran 'gamers' out there.

If anything G2 feels targeted at those veterans, a lure to entice Nintendo gamers of old back into the lair of our little mustachioed pal, because believe me, this game is hard. Ultra hard. Explicitly hard. One of the hardest platfromers, nay, one of the hardest games full stop. If you want to collect all 120 stars, and every Comet Coin, you are in for a hardcore challenge. Some of the later levels will have you pulling your hair out, demanding that "this cannot be possible!".

But every step of the way Super Mario Galaxy 2 is as fun as it is hard, a wonderful experience, i'm not sure if Nintendo will ever better this.

5.0 out of 5 stars No.1!!!, 13 April 2012
This review is from: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
If anyone has read the Nintendo magazine for Marck, you will know that this was rated the best nintendo game ever, and I agree. Each galaxy is unique in its own way and has a fantastic score to make that world feel epic in every way. The difficulty increases throuought the game as ive had this for a year and still not completed The last level (The Perfect Run). The green star challange gives a fantastic Hide-and-seek perspective on each level as you are trying to find the 3 green stars in each galaxy. The addition of Yoshi made a dramatic difference from the original. Brand new suits also came along (eg. cloud suit, rock suit).Plus Yoshi got to get 3 suits in this game, Blimp, Pepper and lightbulb. The Blimp fruit allows Yoshi to float for a few seconds, much like the bee suit for mario exept you can stay up longer but not control up or down. The pepper allows Yoshi to run up walls, run on water, but you annot control him very well. The light bulb allows Yoshi to reveal secret pathways in galaxys such as Haunty Halls and Sweet Mystery.

Overall: A fantastic game that everyone can enjoy 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Much the same as the first... That is fantastic news !!, 13 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 offers by far the best gaming experience on the nintendo wii! The wii console lacks the high end titles that Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 have such as Gears of War or Uncharted 1 & 2.

HOWEVER !!! Super Mario galaxy 2 is right up there with the best games ever! The level design is even better than the original, and the graphics are stunning for the wii console. The addition of yoshi is brilliantly incorporated into the game and the levels that require his assistance are just as fun as the normal ones.

The soundtrack is fantastic once again and you'll definitely be finding yourself humming along shortly into the game. The depth of the game is great as well. 120 stars to collect means a huge variety of different levels to explore and the difficulty of the level becomes gradually more difficult.

Overall this game is a must buy or at least rent, (you should buy it really :P), for any wii owner.
I'd give this a solid 95% - Uncharted 2 for PS3 is the only game that can trump this masterpiece by nintendo!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Mario adventure yet!, 14 July 2010
This review is from: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
What I love about these games is that nothing has really changed since Mario 64 (on the N64) 14 years ago! 14 years and only 4 (four) 3-D Mario games! Who'd have thought it!? This one really is great though - as good as any of its predecessors and then some. All the controls work the same, so you already know how how to do all the old familiar back flips and long jumps. If you don't already know how to pull off Mario's repertoire of signature moves it won't take you long to have them all under your fingertips - they're really intuitive and easy to execute.
I disagree with other Amazon reviewers who have said that this game is too easy. Some of it is nice and easy, but some parts of it are hard. Really, really hard (unlike the original Mario Galaxy which I thought was so easy it was boring). 30 minutes of doing the same small section of level around and around and I'm ready to throw the controller into the telly! Until I eventually complete the level in question and breathe a sigh of relief that I don't have to do it any more. It usually happens that whatever level I'm playing after that seems ridiculously easy in comparison. That's probably my only real niggle with the game - the difficulty level feels inconsistent at times.
It's a wonderfully varied game though, from playing as good old Mario (or the slightly ganglier and subsequently harder Luigi), to riding Yoshi, to cloud Mario, bee Mario and rock Mario. There's all the different terrain you'd expect from a Mario game; Ice, Lava, deserts, forests etc. and the usual Mini Game fayre of racing, coin collecting and against the clock games.
Mario Games have been getting more and more refined with each release and this is the cream of the crop.
Terrific fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mario Galaxy 2 - my new addiction!, 29 Aug. 2010
This game is superb!

What I love about it are this:

(1) It has a two player option. My daughter now accompanies me as a kind of bodyguard - she kicks but and pounds down on those meanies. I can't get anywhere now without her! It's hilarious playing it with her.

(2) Certain levels have a traditional 2-D layout reminiscent of the original games. And, to my surprise, my daughter actually likes these levels as much as i do.

(3) If you are really struggling on a particular level, you have a ghostly apparition of Princess Peach to guide you through - you do miss out on the booty, but it does allow you to progress. You can also go back and complete it later. I've used this a couple of times to help suss the layout out.

Oh, and Luigi pops up from time to time but I find he lacks the control of Mario so I don't like playing as him.

I thoroughly recommend this game - my summer has been busy and who cares about the rain!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it & I hate it, 14 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
This is the best game I have ever played, and I can't play it any more. Why ? Because I can't finish it, I don't have the skill level to overcome some of the prankster comet levels. I find it really frustrating that the mandate to collect 120 stars before moving forwards is going to halt my progress - I have 115 and that's all I'm ever going to have cos of the stupid Chimp levels and an underwater world. Even my other half isn't interested any more cos he's spent too many Saturday mornings hiding from me trying not to throw the nunchuck at the TV.

This is a fab game, the interface, music, challenges, whatever - all fabulous, but it's just too hard. I can't see how kids can finish this game.

It's a shame really. The Prankster comet idea is good but really they're just a rehash of the easier levels and they have completely robbed me of any enjoyment in playing now.

Anyone want a pre-owned copy ?

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy but fun., 12 July 2010
This review is from: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
Although this game is far too easy, it is still very fun indeed. It adds a number of new features to the first title such as new powers and of course Yoshi, also the gameplay mechanics play out brilliantly. It's easy to pick up and you'll find yourself ploughing through the game quite quickly. But even so it doesn't stop it from being fun, especially the way Yoshi handles, he handles surprisingly well and it certainly exceeded my expectations. So far I've found both the first title and this to be a little easy but I still recommend it because the gameplay is simply fantastic in this. I never really play with a second person helping me so I can't speak for that feature as much but it's pretty much the same as the original from what I can see. For those of you who are relatively new to Mario there is a help feature throughout the game that teaches you how to perform certain feats so you can do it yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars really fun game, 15 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
its a really fun game but with quite hard levels.i have just turned 7 and got this for my birthday.it is a two player game but you can play with just one.there are lots of different types of jumps and the music is great.i love this game and my brothers love it too(aged 3 and 5).

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best platformers ever, 10 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
A lot of people are giving nintendo a hard time about recycling old characters from 20 years ago, doing the same kind of games over and over. This game proves that even if nintendo is using their old mascots again and again, they can still innovate, and boy do they. This game feels like no other, with spectacular (sometimes awe-inspiring) level design, the nintendo charm we are already used to, and replay value through the roof. I think anyone, children, teens, adults, can have a great time with this game.

Pros:
- Awe inspiring level design
- Replay Value through the roof
- Nintendo charm
- Tight controls like we are already used to from nintendo

Cons:
- None (Maybe that it's basically a sequel, and some things on it were done on 'Galaxy 1'

Verdict:
Rock Solid 5 stars

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 421 | Next ›

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)