5.0 out of 5 stars I'm dissapointed....that I can't rate it higher
Published on 18 July 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sequal
Most people hold this above the first, but personally I preferred the original. That said, it still is a fun, bright and entertaining game. 7/10
Published 3 months ago by Mr. J Sr.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm dissapointed....that I can't rate it higher, 18 July 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
Now, I'm someone very fond of Nintendo, using his mum's account to write a review. This game has made me even more fond of them. The graphics are amazing, once you reach the lava level in World 6 you'll just immediately go "Wow". The levels are great, they range from easy but still highly enjoyable to harder and taking more effort. There's a bit of a difficulty change between its predecessor, especially in the later levels, but I found this no problem because I'd gotten used to the controls of the the first game. The price is definitely worth it, so don't have doubts if you find it a little over your planned budget. It also comes with a tutorial CD, explaining the controls, great for older gamers who, perhaps, have not gotten used to all those buttons! Well anyway, as I'm sure you've realised by now, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is an absolutely perfect game, great for retro and modern gamers. This is, of course, coming from an 11-year old Nintendo fan, so you might find me a little biased, but I'm only saying what I thought of the game, as I'm sure any other person my age who likes Nintendo would find it. BUY THIS NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you think Nintendo can't do better, think again!, 14 July 2010
This review is from: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
I am deeply amazed at how much innovation goes on in Nintendo. I was expecting this Mario to be just the same as its prequel - with the "cheap" addition of Yoshi (although I loved the idea).

Turns out I was wrong. This game is very different from the previous ones, it tests you as a videogamer and lets you explore places that you would have never thought of exploring. They really push Mario's acrobatic skills this time.

It's been the best experience I've had with the Mario franchise so far. I'm a gamer since I was 12 (I'm 25 now).

If you're doubting whether or not to buy this, let me clear your mind: do it.

You won't regret.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great 1 Player Game... Not so good in the Two player Mode.., 7 Jan. 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
It's as good as it gets for a 1 players game.

However, when two players attempt to play this using the Luma character, the fun for the second player is extremely limited. Just following Mario around and helping out is not fun for the second player. Therefore, when you have two children, arguments start about who is going to be Mario.

In my opinion the playability should be more like the Lego games which provide better interaction for the second player. Notwithstanding this, is it still a great game and hours of fun can be had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely different to number 1, 21 May 2012
This review is from: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
I absolutely loved Super Mario Galaxy (Wii). So much so that I would go so far as to say it was my favourite game ever. So as soon as I saw this game announced I waited not-so-patiently until I could pre-order it with Amazon.

Finally it arrived on release day and I played it. It wasn't the same as number 1 at all. To start with I was a bit disappointed - I think I was almost hoping for just more levels added on to the original style of the game if I am honest. But then I got playing it some more, and more, and more. I was hooked! It is a lot more challenging earlier on than the first game was (great for me, not so good for my son who basically made me play the game for him on his ID as he couldn't do it himself!). The addition of Yoshi works really well, and the new worlds are really great.

If I had to choose between the two, I would still pick the first one as being the better of the two. However, I would definitely recommend this game to anyone. In terms of ability, I would say age 6-7 they could start being able to do this by themselves (my son is now nearly 7 and can do a lot of it on his own).

We have had this game since it was released and we reguarly go back and play it so it was worth every penny.

Brilliant game - is it too much to hope for a Super Mario Galaxy 3?

4.0 out of 5 stars As it wasn't broken, they haven't fixed it!, 8 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is massive fun, in exactly the same way that the first game was massive fun. Indeed, you'd be best thinking of SMG2 as simply being more Super Mario Galaxy: it is pretty much more of the same game. Fortunately the first game was glorious fun, so more of the same is still glorious fun!

To be fair, there are new elements to SMG2 other than the new levels: there's Yoshi of course, and some new power-ups, but fundamentally these things don't change the core game, and really that's a good thing as the core game is a blast. The storyline is also completely different and doesn't follow on from the first as far as I can tell. As tends to be the way with Mario games, the plot makes very little sense and is purely a vehicle for progressing you through the best platformer action that you can buy.

If you didn't like the first game, this one isn't going to change your mind. If you loved the first game, you'll almost certainly love this one too!

5.0 out of 5 stars best video game ever, 21 July 2011
Mr. N. P. Hayward "Moved2Review" (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
i've been playing video games nearly 30 years from the very first space invader and i can remember when the first mario came out and it was amazing, the first sonic game, the first tomb raider, i could go on, all i can say is that with nearly 30 years of gaming thousands of hours playing games this game, super mario galaxy 2 is quite possibly the best game i have ever played, i could write more but other reviwers are singing its praises so i don't need to do so again, quite simply put nintendo has exceeded itself many time over in creating this masterpiece , it is unbelievably good, its so good its almost art.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Mario Game Ever Created, 11 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
Nintendo is known for creating some of the best games of all time. The original Super Mario Galaxy was an outstanding achievement with great gameplay, creative level designs, fantastic visuals, outstanding music and tight controls. How can you possibly top that? The answer is this masterpiece. Super Mario Galaxy 2. Taking everything that was amazing about the first game, and giving it tons of new features to make Nintendo's greatest game to ever hit the Wii.

The story is just like every other Mario game. Princess Peach is kidnapped by Bowser, Mario has got to go and rescue her once again. Galaxy 2 completely forgets about the previous games story, so it all feels like a whole new experience. There's less and shorter cutscenes this time around, so you get more into the game which is what Mario games are all about. Gameplay.

The gameplay in this game is just beyond incredible. The outstanding and creative level designs are what makes this game a masterpiece. Every new level has a star to collect, and getting to each one is incredibly fun. Each new Galaxy has a new way to play, so there is a ton of variety. Yoshi is the biggest new addition to Galaxy 2, and playing as him is a blast. Mario and Yoshi each have three new power ups, and each new one are great to use. All the original power ups from the first Mario Galaxy return as well, so there is lots to use. The game gets really tough later on with stars which are brutal to get. The hardcore will love the challange, and the casual gamers will still have plenty of fun. You will be sucked into this game for hours.

The graphics are identical to Galaxy 1 which is a great thing since the graphics were fantastic in the first game. Everything still looks as great as ever.

The music is simply amazing. All of it is done in orchestra with it's own new original tracks, remixes of music from the first game and even remixes of classic Mario music from the past. Your ears will be in for an outstanding treat.

The controls are rock solid. Everything feels perfect just like the first game with no problems what so ever. It's so easy to pick up and play.

Overall, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a masterpiece. Upgrading everything from the original with superb level design makes this one of Nintendo's best games ever made. If you own a Wii, want a Wii or love platformers, you absolutely need this game. 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 28 July 2010
J. Marsh (Chatham, Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
What more can I say than the kids are never off this game?! Where other games have fallen by the wayside, the Mario Galaxy ones are always at the top of the pile. This game is well thought-out, challenging and interesting, the graphics are stunning. Whilst it contains many of the elements of the original Mario Galaxy, it also brings in new things such as being able to use Yoshi. Whilst being challenging, the game is suitable down to quite a young age as long as they can master the controls. My children are 5 and 9 and the 5-year-old is very adept at all the actions required, even if it does take him a bit longer than my older child to complete a particular level. Overall this was an excellent buy, my only gripe is that my partner and I can never get to the telly any more! The kids had to put half each towards the game so that there were no arguments and so far they have shared nicely. I would definitely recommend this game.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Game of Pure Awesomeness, 21 July 2010
This review is from: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
I preordered this game because I had the first game and that was amazing so when I got this game it took amazing to a whole new level.

With more new galaxies, more Power Stars and the return of Yoshi, this game is definatly worth the money. It is jam packed with amazing music, outstanding graphics and brilliant gameplay. I would say this game beats Galaxy 1.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Brilliant Mario, 1 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) (Video Game)
I've been a fan of Mario for years so I was always going to get this game. Having really enjoyed Mario Galaxy and having read many previews which said this was going to be even better I was eagerly awaiting getting to grips with it.

And what a game it is. I much prefer the stripped back interface for choosing levels than the observatory in the first game; it makes it much easier to just pick up and play with out having to navigate one world just to get to the levels.

It starts off well and continues on the same vein all the way to the end. Rarely is it too hard or too easy; Nintendo seem to have got the difficulty just right. As for the controversial Cosmic Guide feature I have to say I liked its inclusion. I only had to resort to using it once (and I eventually went back and got the star properly) and found that it helped get past those few moments that are maybe just a little too tricky so that you can continue with the game as a whole.

The graphics are fantastic; even better than the previous game and some of the best effects on the Wii. The soundtrack is equally impressive and the orchestral numbers and remixes of old Mario favourites sit perfectly together.

I absolutely loved this game and it's been my favourite Mario since Mario 64; but despite continuing that games legacy of 3D Marios I found that in fact Mario Galaxy 2 felt much more like Super Mario 3 and the other 2D Marios. While Nintendo have been desperately trying to bring back 2D Mario with the likes of New Super Mario Bros and New Super Mario Bros Wii I think they've actually achieved it with Galaxy 2. It lacks the free form open worlds of Mario 64 and while the levels are in 3D they feel more like the traditional mad dashes of Mario's 2D days just with an added dimension.

Thumbs up Nintendo, another brilliant game. I'd recommend it to any Mario fan.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)