4.0 out of 5 stars An old raver and Orbital fan
I can well understand the earlier comments about this compilation... nothing really 'new' or exclusive. However, I didn't have Tom Middleton's excellent Halcyon mix or Omen and Choice.

Published on 17 Jun 2009 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Why bother?
Published on 13 Jun 2009 by N Snow

4.0 out of 5 stars An old raver and Orbital fan, 17 Jun 2009
This review is from: Orbital 20 (Audio CD)

As an Orbital retrospective, it's pretty damn fine, though. My only gripe is that Lush3 and the Royal Albert Hall Live version of Impact are not mixed togther despite following one another on the compilation. When you've listened to the 'Brown' album as many times as I have, it's the only way to play these... but maybe that's just me (ahem).

Still, I'm editing the tracks together using Ableton so I have a pretty much perfect Orbital comp for the car!

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it!, 17 Jun 2009
This review is from: Orbital 20 (Audio CD)
The first review is a little harsh, in my humble opinion. I hadn't listened to Orbital for years, and recently saw them do a live set at Rockness which was excellent and even got my husband dancing!

My CD has arrived today and it has been great as a reminder of the gig. It's a mix of chilled out and more lively music.

Maybe there is nothing new but it is an album worth listening to and worth buying if you are starting your Orbital collection, and it does include some remixes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Why bother?, 13 Jun 2009
N Snow "Nick Snow" (Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Orbital 20 (Audio CD)
I've been an Orbital fan for many years and like most others I was really sad when they parted. Then one day when I was scouring some websites I found this and I thought "No way! A new Orbital album!". Suffice to say I was bitterly disappointed to find that this was merely ANOTHER greatest hits collection. However, usually greatest hits collections from electronic groups like Orbital have either some new exclusive tracks or some newer mixes of their old work. Since this collection basically contains absolutely nothing new, then really it's a complete waste of time for any fan.

If you are a fan and you're missing some of their older work from the Raddicio period then there are two tracks on here called "Omen" and "Naked and the Dead" which you're probably missing, but there are no other rare tracks and nothing new. Some of their classics are presented in live formats which is fine, but nothing spectacular considering that you can buy their epic Glastonbury concert on disc. There aren't even any new versions of any other tracks except naff remixes of Halcyon and Lush which are totally sub par compared to Orbital's original. Also, several of the tracks which were orignally mixed on their former albums are not presented here as unmixed, but simply fade out at the end. This particular drawback is just evidence of lazy production. I could make my own greatest hits album and fade out the mixed tracks myself! Amateurs.

If you are new to the group, then I suppose this might not be the worst place to start. It features most of their greatest hits (many of which are also featured on their previous greatest hits album called "Work") as well as some fan favourites like "The Girl With The Sun In Her Head" and "Much Ado About Nothing Left". However, since Orbital are obviously not still making original material you might be better off starting with an old classic album like The Brown Album or In Sides.

So in conclusion, this is a complete waste of time for fans and not really ideal for newcommers, which begs the question: why bother?
PS: Orbital, something new would be amazing! But I'll keep holding my breath.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: Orbital 20 (Digital) (MP3 Download)
Classic tunes bundled up. If you are a big fan of orbital you will have most of the tunes already. However if you still have them on old media and want a quick hit to your new mobile device get this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bobbing heads and little lights.., 8 Jan 2012
This review is from: Orbital 20 (Audio CD)
As ever..excellent service from Amazon..bought this to get a copy of Satan..which I had but lost..and love the remixes on some old classics. It goes round and round and round in the cd player in my car and it`s wicked. Worth it..buy it..enjoy..just hope they tour again and I can go and gawp..

5.0 out of 5 stars ORBITAL 20, 26 Aug 2009
J. Jones (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Orbital 20 (Audio CD)
Excellent stuff - really good quality production.
Like many fans will know, the majority of the tracks were previously available, though still nice to have them all on one crackle and pop free CD (vinyl users will know where i'm coming from!).
Buy with confidence!

5.0 out of 5 stars Orbital20, 19 July 2009
Patrik R. F. Melvin "indareek" (Aberdeen, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Orbital 20 (Audio CD)
Having been a fan since '89, i already own almost every release, but somehow this collection has a great mix and variety of tracks, CD2 is the stronger for me. But if you need to introduce someone to Orbital, invest in a copy of this a give them an experience they'll never forget.