4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job
Like it. Easy to set up, good sound. I can get my TV sound though this, the Tv's own sound needs to be turned right down or you will get an echo.
Published on 29 Jan 2010 by M. Dohmen

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for a budget DVD player - no HDMI input though.
No complaints. For the money, this is a nice little DVD surround sound system. In a small room on DVD playback, it delivers really good surround sound. All the speaker volumes are adjustable from the menu and the picture is pretty good too.
Published on 1 Nov 2009 by RichardpWales

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for a budget DVD player - no HDMI input though., 1 Nov 2009
RichardpWales (Kidwelly, Wales, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG HT304SU 5.1 ch DVD Home Cinema System (Electronics)
I've plugged in an audio lead from the TV which gives me analogue sound from the two front speakers and the Subwoofer. There is a noticeable delay delay. I cant see anything in the manual to show me what adjustment can be made to correct this - suspect there isnt.
So now I have Sky movies and this unit has no HD or optical inputs, I am limited to using it for DVD playback, which to be fair is what it is sold as!
With hindsight, I shouldve saved up a bit more and bought an all rounder, but if you are looking for a good looking small system to play your DVDS on look no further.

Have now managed to get sound from all 5 speakers by using the AV audio lead direct from the Sky box to this unit and selecting Dolby. Ok not HD digital sound, but I am happy with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad description; no digital audio input, 21 Sep 2009
Two major problems:

1. All sites selling this mention the "LG Simplink" feature (which allows LG devices to talk to each other, so in theory you only need 1 remote), however, it turns out there's no mention of Simplink anywhere in the manual or on-screen menus, and it's not mentioned on LG's product info page either (even though it is offered when you specify "Simplink" in the LG site search filter). This means you're left using the TV remote for everything *except* sound, and the audio remote *just* for sound - really annoying, when both are made by the same company!

2. As previous reviewer said, there's no digital audio in, so you have to use the TV's analogue output (either red/white leads to AUX input, or SCART lead) to get audio into this unit. Again, an annoying omission, since it's got a DVD player built-in (as well as HDMI output for upscaled DVD playback) so there's obviously a lot of digital audio processing going on inside the unit anyway!

By the way, to the previous reviewer: on our LG TV we had to use AV2 SCART connector to get audio out of the TV; AV1 doesn't seem to output the TV's audio - presumably AV1 is meant for input-only such as digibox, DVD, etc., whereas AV2 is meant for in/out such as VCR.

1.0 out of 5 stars LG HT304SU 5.1, 23 Aug 2009
This review is from: LG HT304SU 5.1 ch DVD Home Cinema System (Electronics)
I bought this surround sound system to go with my new LG tv. Playing a DVD it works well but it has one fatal flaw, no digital sound input. As digital sound is what you really need then this system is useless. DON'T BUY IT unless you're really aware of this!!
It does have 2 analogue jacks but my one doesn't seem to work so I can't get the sound from my tv.
Overall I'm very disappointed with this, so I really can't recommend buying it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 29 Jan 2010
M. Dohmen - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars I LIKE IT!, 16 Dec 2009
K. S. Taylor - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG HT304SU 5.1 ch DVD Home Cinema System (Electronics)
with a bit of patience this is a nice little system,ive got everything running thru it,my tv,sky and xbox 360 all in 5.1! i would def recommend this for the price it is!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value for money, 10 Jun 2010
This review is from: LG HT304SU 5.1 ch DVD Home Cinema System (Electronics)
I had a mixed feeling after reading the reviews and glad that I bought it. glossy finish with small speakers are really cool. Also I don't see any reason with the connectivity, I agree it does not have optical/hdmi input, but does it really matter that much?? I got all my tv, sky+, wii and surround sound running, used hdmi to tv for video, rf lead from tv->lg receiver for wii and scart from sky+ to the receiver. Also the usb port and 3.5input are handy. Video quality is crisp and sound is good. This is an absolute bargain for the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars surround sound system lg, 26 May 2011
D. McAdam (falkirk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG HT304SU 5.1 ch DVD Home Cinema System (Electronics)
hi have a samsung 40 inch tv and plays ok but you have to put the sound down on tv plays copys but sound comes out crap personaly it arived ok does what it is suppose to do but wish i had never bought it as you dont need five speakers 2 would have done the job

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Value but not for HDMI output, 6 Jan 2011
This review is from: LG HT304SU 5.1 ch DVD Home Cinema System (Electronics)
I've been playing with the LG HT304SU 5.1 ch DVD Home Cinema System for some time now, Its a great product for simple use but if you need to use it with a home cinema system that already excits or your computer with HDMI, not worth it.

Otherwise the product is really good value for money. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars HELP, 19 Aug 2010
Stephen Brindley "ethan1" (manchester england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG HT304SU 5.1 ch DVD Home Cinema System (Electronics)
Ive got one of these systems and ive also got a blu ray dvd player, can anyone tell me is it possible to connect my blu ray to my LG system and have surround sound? Please help

4.0 out of 5 stars home cinema system, 27 Jun 2010
Mr. S. HARTLEY (yorkshire uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG HT304SU 5.1 ch DVD Home Cinema System (Electronics)
the sound system was and looked great unfortunately it was not compatible with our new TV, however must say that we had no problem returning the item and be re credited with our money, would use the company again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›