4.0 out of 5 stars Way better than expected
Published on 29 Dec. 2009 by G. Devine

1.0 out of 5 stars Big Flop!
Published on 9 Nov. 2009 by rem

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Way better than expected, 29 Dec. 2009
G. Devine - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes (Wii) (Video Game)
Just played through the whole game with my 5 year old son. He loved it. One reviewer (on a games review site) said it is trying to copy the game play of Lego Star Wars but gets it 100% wrong. As I was buying this for a young boy I took this as a recommendation, not a criticism and was not disappointed. Like the Lego series, you cannot die and it is a little repetitive - perfect for a 5 year old! It is not challenging for an experienced gamer. Not sure how the PEGI ratings work but I would say this game is suitable for 7 years and over. My son only needed some minor help with some of the levels. You get to play as a number of the Clone War Jedi and Storm Troopers. The co-operative mode is great because you can drop in and out (just like with Lego games). Overall, this is one of the better games I have played on the Wii with my son.

4.0 out of 5 stars Popular with my little Clone Wars fan, 9 Jan. 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This game certainly has a few annoying features and I would suggest its graphics and control style is not going to win any awards. Personally I can't relate the PEGI rating of 12 with the actual graphical content which is mild, the only phrasing which does give concern is the "stab the droid(s) in the head" instruction given by Yoda. Having played the game through with my son its the only part that needs a little explanation!

It is hugely popular with my 7yr old who seems to enjoy being a Clone destroying clankers, rather than a Jedi.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not that bad !!, 14 Nov. 2009
J. S. Evans (Newport, Gwent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I've been playing this now for a couple of days and i have to say i. really enjoying it contrary to other reviews, the game starts off badly i think with fiddly controls and yoda yapping in your ear every 2 seconds saying how easy it is to perform this manouevure.( Easy to perform this manoueuvure it is. You get the idea !) However as the game goes on it gets more enjoyable as u begin to master the controls. Lets face it who dosent like piling into the droid army with your light saber. The action can be quite furious at times, but you cant really die, you just regenrate so you will get through the game. Also a lot of the jumping levels make it hard to fall off pipes etc, imo this is a good thing , theres nothing i hate more than platform games where you keep falling off simple platforms because you're a simple pixel out . It drives me crazy . By staying on pipes etc, it keeps the game flowing along. I suppose the levels are all a bit "samey" , but there are some other things to do and theres some actual nice touches in the game. All in all its not that bad a game, ive played 100's of games worse than this !!

1.0 out of 5 stars Big Flop!, 9 Nov. 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Thank god I got this game for free with the Wii! I would have been furious if I had paid for it. I love everything about Star Wars, but this game has terrible graphics, very annoying tutorials and boring game play. For some reason you can never fall off cliffs or when you jump from area to area it never goes wrong. You also never die as your life seems to replenish itself. I only played 2 levels of this game and decided to get rid of it! I knew that the graphics of the wii are not as good as the competition, and as this was the first game I played on the wii, I got very depressed and thought I wasted my money. However, I tried the Super smash bros. Brawl and Quantum of Solace and realised that the graphics of the wii console are much better than I thought and that the republic heroes just has terrible graphics... My advice is to avoid this flop of a game and get The Force Unleashed instead or wait for Star Wars: The Old Republic (see previews on youtube)

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring And Broke My Wii, 29 Dec. 2009
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I bought it as part of a bundle, so I didnt particularly want it, but as I had it I thought I should play it anyway.

Firstly, i found it dull as you cant die, and to kill people you just wave the wii remote wildly. Some annoying controls, and Yoda says everything you have to do.

Also it started clunking as soon as I used it, and i got to level 5ish and it gave my wii the blue screen of death. Flicking the switches dealt with this, but I haven't used it since.

It's funnish and had its high points, but quite a poor effort in general

I was quite disappointed and I wouldn't recommend it highly at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, 9 Nov. 2009
D. Simpkin "Gamers unite" (oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Despite the hype of the game pre-release. the game was quite a dissapointment. Although initially fun to play the novelty soon wears off for players over the age of about 11. The levels, though detailed and graphic, are short of one key aspect. LENGTH. on average each level section takes around 5-10 mins to complete. Storyline takes around 4 hours game play to complete thats all.

so generally a dissapointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 4 Mar. 2014
good game good graphics and plenty of things to do in it can keep you amused for a while - son loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kids will love it!, 22 May 2013
I bought this for my 11 year old son (age at time of purchase) and he loved it. The only problem is that he completed the entire game in three days. Maybe it needs a bit more difficulty

3.0 out of 5 stars Flawed controls spoil a good idea., 13 Mar. 2013
T. Coulthard - See all my reviews
Good graphics and gameplay but the controls can be very annoying in places. Gave up trying to do some bits and no way to turn off Yoda!

1.0 out of 5 stars Kids really didnt like it, 8 Mar. 2013
Looks very like star wars , hard to play cause of playability not that its too hard .
My kids complained they wanted to trade it in after a couple of days , having tried to help them out on it i supported this decision

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes (Wii)