5.0 out of 5 stars Untilises the DS perfectly
Published on 7 Oct 2009 by L. Hennessy

2.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars For Graphics, Two For Game Play
I'm 23, and I've been playing games for a very long time from the Master System and Nes 8bit days, I have over 50 DS games in total, and I won't start a new game till I complete the one I've started.

Published on 24 Jan 2011 by oggy345

5.0 out of 5 stars Untilises the DS perfectly, 7 Oct 2009
L. Hennessy (Twickenham) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This game had me feeling pessimistic when I received it through the post, as I haven't enjoyed most Star Wars games (although I never played the first installment of this particular franchise) and judging by the cinema release of 'Clone Wars', I was expecting this to be yet another disappointment. But I'm pleased to say that my fears were all unfounded - this game is one of the most engaging I have played yet on the DS.

The first thing that you are faced with is the great ways that the developers have found to let you control the characters - the method of using the pointer to dictate movement is not an entirely new one, but here you can jump by tapping green hoops that appear above you, and if you time it right you will land on them. You can set bomb timers by tapping a choice of four numbers in ascending order within a few seconds, you can levitate things by using the force on them - simply by holding the pointer down and pressing a shoulder button where you see a little twinkle... in certain combat situations you are given a very short time to repeat sabre-strokes with the pointer - in short, there's a huge variety of really good thinking gone into the player controls.

By pressing the up button you can toggle between characters that have a part to play in the mission you are on. I was not a fan of 'Clone Wars', but have really enjoyed playing it so far - and my seven year old son thinks it's fantastic; when he first saw it, he said it was just like the film - a great achievement for the humble DS.

For all the complexity, it's very easy to pick up and learn as you go along - and there's a lot of game to get into here. It's a great example of how to work within the constraints of the DS, and also how to make the most of the unique features it offers.

Really impressed - a sure-fire hit for Christmas, I'd say. It's one of those games that will have a wide range of appeal, and offers immersive, complex gameplay without needing a doctorate in physics to work out how to play it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 6 Dec 2009
Mrs. C. Feric (uk) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
My son liked this game, however, he has got stuck and can't move any further although it is a 12 rating game, and he is only 10. He is good with games though so i imagine it's quite tough!

5.0 out of 5 stars 11 year old boys review., 9 Oct 2011
M. Audrey (Torrevieja Spain) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My Grandson loves this game. He says that he enjoys the challenges which are set, and certainly spends quite a lot of time using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars nintendo ds game, 29 July 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
unlike some other games this uses the stylus most of the time and i thought it would be irritating but it wasnt. it made a change using the force was comical as you conjour up the energy required to move objects, jump and fight. it's a bit like being harry potter with a twist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clone Wars DS game, 24 Dec 2009
J. Carvell "Crystal Angel" (Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Bought as a Christmas present for my son but I checked it worked first. Graphics are very good. Definately for oldr children.

2.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars For Graphics, Two For Game Play, 24 Jan 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars

This game is the first exception..... The game difficulty is so high, a level 2 boss, is the equivalent of a final boss in most games, the Star Wars Clone Wars is aimed at adults and kids, I'm not sure though who this game is targeted to.

It's so hard it's not even that fun, I have 4 other Star Wars games on the DS that I like and recommend more, check out "Star Wars Lego the complete saga 2007" instead of this, it has more of a balance to it.

Graphics 5/5
Sound 5/5
Game Play 2/5

PROS
+ Best Sound on DS I've seen in a long time (full charactor dialog)
+ Makes full use of the touch screen
+ Lots of replay vaule, for things to unlock and bonus

CONS
- Extremley Diffcult
- The charactors can be very small to see on screen
- Very frustating, and repeative

THIS GAME IS VERY HARD: NOT RECOMENDED FOR CHILDREN

3.0 out of 5 stars Clone wars, 30 Mar 2010
J. hartley (Crete, Greece) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
My son just love the clone wars, however wasnt so impressed with the game. Bought for xmas and wanted to sell it 2 months later. Said he had finished it and didnt want to look at it again.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes (Nintendo DS)
6.99