on 20 January 2010
I bought this for my four year old son for Christmas because his older sister was getting fed up with him always playing with her Schleich stable. It has been perfect. It is a good size and can be picked up with the handle and taken to friends and family easily without taking over the car. It seems very durable and has been played with endlessly. Nothing has broken off yet and the doors still work very well. The horses provided are a bit plasticky but they don't seem to put my son off and the Schleich horses fit well if you have any to use instead. This item is of very good quality and I would be very happy to buy further Melissa and Doug products as a result.
on 16 August 2011
Really lovely stable, much better quality than the I love Ponies stable which is about the same price. Lots of opening doors, and looks great.
VINE VOICEon 1 June 2014
This stable is nice to look at, with lots of good accessories and is very useful for the horse-loving child on the go. We bought this so that my daughter could use it to transport model horses back and forth and have it and the accessories to play with along with the horses when she reached her destination. In this task it has been really useful... until now ... after having it for a year, she can no longer use it for transport as the roof is coming loose. It appears that the strain on the roof from being carried by the handles has made the glue fail. This is a bit of a flaw when the stable is designed to be carried in this way! So the stable can no longer be used for it's main purpose, but it's still a nice stable that is being used in a more stationary way in my daughter's bedroom, so I'm not rating it too low!
on 26 December 2011
My 5yr old son is mad about horses and I was recommended this product by a friend. He loves it! Its his favourite christmas present and has kept him amused for hours. Well made and great quality product.
on 22 September 2011
Looking for a 4th birthday present for our horse-loving grandaughter came across "Melissa and Doug's" stable. It has been beautifully crafted and has already provided hours of play. I would recommend the product to any-one looking for such an item.
on 28 April 2016
I'd heard glowing reports of this stable as well as some bad reviews. For me, the nos have it. The design is nice but the wood is splintery and scratchy, I wouldn't dare give this to a child and I'm not handy enough to sand it down and put on the latch it badly needs. The horses are horrible, quite scary looking and they fall over constantly, luckily we have the Pasture Pals collection here wich, because they are so much smaller, will all fit comfortably into the stalls. Also, people like me who happen not to be able to see pictures should be aware, if you have limited room, this does not fold down into something flat or box-like which you can stack, it closes down the middle with a hinge and stands quite tall so you will need space for it to stand somewhere. Really not the best money I've ever spent.
on 29 May 2015
Disappointed with this the horses look tacky and are plastic. The stable itself is finished off well (quality) but I really don't think it's worth the money. Luckily I only paid £22 for it as I may have returned it. I purchased the castle in the same range which I had for £19. This is a way better product and the accessories were much better than this. Disappointed
on 10 January 2015
Squeals of delight from my daughter and lots of play afterwards. It fits well in terms of size with her dolls house and with the sylvanians, so it has lots of flexibility. The internal horses are not great quality but great to get going with, and some of the schleich horses fit in terms of size (see other reviews) so you can augment. Great fun, good for the price.
on 8 November 2013
Fab absolutely Fab...neat and portable, grand daughter absolutely over the moon. Definitely a good choice for a child to play with.
on 23 November 2013
This stable set has been a real hit with our 2 year old little boy. It is perfect for taking on weekends away as everything packs up inside. There is plenty inside for imaginative play, with hay bales for the horses, a fence to put up, a ladder to climb and stable doors which are really well made. Cannot fault it, hours of fun!