5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Wireless G Plus Notebook Card
Initially I had trouble in loading the software using the Belkin set up wizard.
Reverted to using Windows (XP) "new hardware found" and the Belkin software CD.
It is now working very well and I am entirely happy with my purchase.
Published 22 months ago by DavidH

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't go near this company
Published on 16 Sep 2010 by stalag45

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't go near this company, 16 Sep 2010
This review is from: Belkin Wireless G Plus Notebook Card - Network adapter - CardBus - 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11g+ (Electronics)
I purchased this Belkin PCMCIA wireless card in January 2010 and 6 months later it just stopped working. I attempted to contact the Seller star_eshop via Amazon but received no reply. I then attempted to call them on the mobile number that they give for their Customer Services and this just gives you a voice mail telling you to email them on a Yahoo email address. I did this and they haven't responded to this either. This company are a bunch of cowboys and you'd do well to avaid buying anything from them at all costs.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not work out of the box under Ubuntu 12.04, 23 Sep 2012
Reviews suggest this card works under Ubuntu but my 12.04 install says "missing firmware" and the Additional Drivers utility offers no downloads. Doubtless it could be made to work if it did so under earlier releases of Ubuntu but I felt no need to spend time on this as I also have a TP-Link card that actually does work out of the box (lights aside):

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well on Linux based systems, 17 May 2011
I had trouble installing this item on a windows XP (without service packs) using the correct driver. Belkin tried to help but we made no progress.

It installed immediately on a Linux based system, where the driver appears to be built into the operating system.

Belkin were not able to explain why it wouldn't install on the basic windows XP.

Please note that Microsoft do not provide support for basic XP; SP1 or SP2. SP3 will not load onto XP basic without the earlier service packs.

If someone out there knows better, please let me know.

4.0 out of 5 stars Belkin wireless adaptor, 27 Nov 2012
I got the adaptor quickly in the post. It does work but as with all wireless adaptors it loses connection sometimes so it can be a bit pot luck at times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Wireless G Plus Notebook Card, 10 Sep 2012
Initially I had trouble in loading the software using the Belkin set up wizard.
Reverted to using Windows (XP) "new hardware found" and the Belkin software CD.
It is now working very well and I am entirely happy with my purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, Awful Product - Terrible Manufacturer, 21 July 2012
Matthew Wood (Ross-on-Wye, England) - See all my reviews
I followed the poorly detailed installation guide and got the power indicator to light up on the card. I then launched the Belkin software to set up the card, only to find that it could not detect any networks. I have two wireless routers in different locations in my home. Both can be picked up with very strong signals from the four other wireless networking devices in the house, and my neighbours' wireless networks can also be seen from these devices, so there should be no reason for this card to find absolutely no wireless devices.

So . . . I searched online and found the real instruction manual in PDF format, no thanks to the terribly designed Belkin support site. First I looked to see if it mentioned any settings in the control program that I may have missed. The program pictured and described in this manual does not resemble the program I installed from the driver CD in any way. It was obvious that they had the same function and, therefore, I was reading the correct section of the manual, but it looked very different and the one I had running in front of me didn't have half the options mentioned in the instructions.

First I assumed it was just a different version so I went to the Belkin website and downloaded it from there. The copy I downloaded was identical to the one on the CD so this didn't help. After having another quick browse through the tabs of the program I noticed an "Advanced options" button. Getting my hopes up, I clicked it expecting to see something that looked like the screenshots in the manual. No such luck. Either this button requires some kind of additional framework that Belkin didn't bother to mention or it's just not programmed to do anything.

Next, I turned to the troubleshooting section of the manual. This lists all the usual rubbish like checking for interference from cordless phones, moving your access point to a higher position, etc., etc., but when it comes to pretty much any problem that doesn't have such an obvious solution that no-one would ever need to look at the manual to fix it, the manual's brilliant answer is to telephone technical support. There was one thing that seemed promising although at the same time made it clear to me how idiotic Belkin really are: this card does not work if you have an ethernet LAN driver installed. What?! Maybe nobody else does this but, on my sister's laptop, if I'm in the living room I use the wireless but when I'm sitting 3 feet away from the router I use an ethernet cable. Seems to make a lot of sense to me (much faster, no interference, etc. - why use wireless when you're sitting next to the router?) and it never caused any problems before - almost all laptops these days come with both wireless and ethernet, and have both drivers installed when you buy them. Anyway, after reluctantly uninstalling the ethernet driver and restarting the laptop a few times, there was absolutely no change, so Belkin wasted my time even more.

This is the point at which I decided to give up on this useless pile of dung and return it to Amazon. A few years ago I owned a Belkin router which suddenly died one day for no apparent reason. Now I know it wasn't just a one-off. They are a terrible company and I will never buy another Belkin product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin wireless card works with Ubuntu, 20 May 2012
I have a relatively elderly Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop, with Ubuntu 10.04. This machine had no wireless capability, so I decided to obtain a Belkin wireless card via Amazon. I inserted the card and, with ethernet connection to broadband plugged in, I switched on. Ubuntu offered a suitable driver download.
The only issue arising was the need to set a password for the "default keyring", but Googling quickly provided a solution.
The card has performed faultlessly since installation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Wireless G Plus Notebook Card - Network Adaptor Cardbus, 6 April 2012
No problems with this wireless network adaptor CARDBUS. Easy to install. Worked first time and has continued to work since installation. Wish all problem solutions were as easy to solve as this one! If you are thinking of getting a wireless network adapter CARDBUS, get this one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, eventually., 1 Mar 2012
This wireless adapter would not work "out of the box" as the supplied drivers would not work with XP SP3. It took a while to find the correct drivers on the internet but once installed the device works perfectly.

I have my wireless router situated in an upstairs bedroom and the adapter is working in a laptop I keep in the garage. The transfer rates and reception are excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great! very happy, 10 Feb 2012
The whole service was great. When I ordered the Belkin Wireless G Plus Notebook Card it came right away and was easy to install. Thanks you Amazon!