5.0 out of 5 stars Damn it, it's so good...
Published on 9 Dec 2009 by Ugur Galatali

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected
I am very disaapointed with the quality of the caravan in particular. The roof hinges have broken and my daughter (5 year old) is not rough with it by any means; nor has she played with it alot. The car seems better and more durable.
Overall I was expecting more durablitly, so am disappointed for my daughter.
Published on 5 Nov 2010 by mumisboring

5.0 out of 5 stars Damn it, it's so good..., 9 Dec 2009
This review is from: Sylvanian Families the Caravan and Family Car (Toy)
I had one purpose when I ordered this caravan, a nice New Years gift for my daughter. But I got really confused when I got the package. Should I give it to my precious daughter or keep it as a collectible for myself? The Caravan is awesome. It's filled with detail, the kitchen, drawers here and there, little boys room and secret compartment under the rug, oh man, I'm so excited. Car on the other hand is very straight forward, seats and wheels that's it. Nonetheless it was necessary to complete the picture.

In short "A Must Have" if you are collecting Sylvanian.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, 29 Dec 2009
Dr Phibes "Dr Phibes" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Sylvanian Families the Caravan and Family Car (Toy)
Very pleased with this set. You certainly get what you pay for with Sylvanian products. A great addition to our Sylvanian collection. Very sturdy and chunky ideal for little hands like my 2 year old. Caravan comes with a box of bits which Ive put aside until shes older, she would just lose them. The caravan opens out to make easier to play and has sitting/sleep area kitchen and bathroom with shower.The roof is also detachable Car has 4 seats with 2 car seat attachments and a suitcase that clips on the rear. Xmas morning I was delighted to find that when you opened the boxes you find a fully assembled car and caravan with no twisty bits just protected by a clear plastic wrap which simply pulled off. No knife, scizzors etc required. Other manufacturers take note! I wish my 8 year old had liked Sylvanian and not Barbie as the Barbie dream house and accessories look so cheap and tacky in comparison.

4.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant toy, 14 Mar 2010
Lynne (Broadstairs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sylvanian Families the Caravan and Family Car (Toy)
I bought this toy for my Granddaughter who absolutely loves it. I thought the lid of the caravan was not very strongly hinged and comes off a bit too easily but other than that its well made and very detailed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our daughter loves it!, 9 Jan 2011
This review is from: Sylvanian Families the Caravan and Family Car (Toy)
We bought this for our four and a half year old daughter for Christmas, and she loves it! The small amount of 'self assembly' (not too many stickers to apply) was carried out before wrapping it up, so she had immediate fun with it when it was opened on Christmas Day, bearing in mind she already had some animals to go in it. It all seems quite sturdily built, and the roof hinges are designed to allow the roof to snap back on easily in the event that it gets popped off. Lovely details inside, and lots of features for little hands to explore - bunk beds, fold-out toilet, shower, folding ironing board, drawers, floor storage compartment etc in the caravan; baby seats and picnic basket in the car. Sylvanian items always seem rather pricey, but in our house they are very frequently played with, and we are sure they will be for many years to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars Summer holidays and long hot days, 9 Jan 2010
Charlie White (Brixham Devon UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sylvanian Families the Caravan and Family Car (Toy)
We have experienced Sylvanian families before and know that it is a great product to fire up a childs imagination.
My grand daughter loves her holidays and likes going away in a caravan. This product lets her imagination run riot and there is no end to the stories that she can make up and play. It keeps her quiet for hours!
The combined car and caravan set is so much better value than purchasing the items seperately. It is great for kids who have already got Sylvanian families as it doesn't come with any figures and this could be a disappointment. Also, there are some very small parts, (some drawers very small and difficult to open) and I think the manufacturer should think about taking the cutlery items out for safetys sake.
Overall, though, a good product and great value.

4.0 out of 5 stars car and caravan, 25 Dec 2009
CJ Phillipson "The doc" (Lincoln, UK) - See all my reviews
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sylvanian Families the Caravan and Family Car (Toy)
Well made with much attention to detail and liked by the children. However, the caravan does not attach properly to the car and the coupling falls off constantly which is disappointing for a toy otherwise well made.

4.0 out of 5 stars It was great value and an excellent product!!!, 19 Dec 2009
Ms. C. R. Coleman "cwelsh" (nottinghamshire, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sylvanian Families the Caravan and Family Car (Toy)
This item is great value and is strongly made. My daughter will have so much fun playing with this item. Sylvanian families has been around for years and I think it will be for many to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely for imaginative play., 30 Jan 2011
This review is from: Sylvanian Families the Caravan and Family Car (Toy)
Bought for my 8 year old daughter. Initially I was put off Sylvanian toys purely because of their price but found this at a reduced price so gave in. Lots of teeny tiny play pieces so much better for the older child. Stickers have to be added which is a bit of a fiddly job for Mummy to do. It is a lovely set though and played with right, it will last many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars A world of Adventure, 1 Feb 2010
Neonne Blue (Tyne and Wear, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sylvanian Families the Caravan and Family Car (Toy)
I bought this set for my daughters 8th birthday, she likes the sylvanian families but I thought she may be losing interest. The car is basically just that, but the baby car seats are rather cute, that attach to the back of the front seats and it seems rather robust. The Caravan on the other hand is brilliant. So many parts to it, all the features are fab. The extra pieces are cute, but so tiny, they will inevitably at some point end up in the hoover! Only gripes are that one drawer doesn't fit properly and while taking them from the frames, the two tiny knives snapped, but these are just minor quibbles.
My daughter loves it, as does my 3 year old son, infact I think he'll play with the car more. Their Grandad lives in a caravan and he saw it and loved it too.
She will be getting the seaside set soon and will go alongside this set brilliantly.

The prices are very high, but the attention to detail and play value in some of these products are worth it. I did manage to get this a bit cheaper than normal, so not bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality Toy, 22 Feb 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sylvanian Families the Caravan and Family Car (Toy)
More than I personally would have paid for this type of toy. But as my 11 year old daughter was using her post-Christmas stash to make the purchase, who was I to say NO!?
It arrived quickly and I was immediately surprised at the excellent build quality and attention to detail. Looks tough enough and most importantly, my daughter is now "Queen of the Sylvanian Club". Around our neck of the woods anyhow.....