4.0 out of 5 stars I might just travel back in time to watch it again!
It is every film lovers most satisfying moment - even better than when a summer blockbuster does live up to the hype - it is of course when a film you've not even heard of absolutely exceeds your expectation.

So this film follows the bizarre story of three friends played by homegrown talent Marc Wooten, Dean Lennox Kelly and Chris O'Dowd as they live out a...
Published on 10 Nov 2009 by Rob

3.0 out of 5 stars Not laugh-a-minute but a few sci-fi giggles
Three of UK TV's best comedy actors get lumped together into a story which is little more than one extremely long comedy sketch about three blokes in a pub who start travelling forward and back in time every time they go to the loo.

It's not big (the budget appears to have been tiny) and it's only slightly clever in the way it parodies sci-fi ideas about 'time...
Published on 11 Oct 2009 by Mr. Stuart Bruce

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Understated elegance, charm & wit ensure this is worth a repeat viewing., 4 Aug 2010
D. Fitzgerald (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FAQ About Time Travel [DVD] (DVD)
Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel is an engaging tongue-in-cheek romp through the titular Sci-Fi genre. The theatrical style & sarcastic, dark, absurd, often self-denigrating humour is typically British; combined with the deliberately minimal use of special effects & computer generated images this will undoubtedly put off those who prefer garish spectacle & canned laughter over solid content & narrative.

The premise of three average everyday friends accidentally & unwittingly caught up in a fantastical series of events beyond their control is intelligently dealt with & competently realized. Subtlety in both narrative & performance adds hugely to the overall enjoyment, as does the fastidious attention to detail. The latter aspect is of course vital in tackling a subject so rich in paradox, & is dealt with so elegantly that it's necessary for the narrative to explain to the audience when & where it's been done.

All in all an intelligent & refreshingly novel film whose strengths some of the audience might miss due to it's modest & unpretentious presentation. Recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars It's Science Fiction or SF not Sky-fi, 14 Aug 2010
This review is from: FAQ About Time Travel [DVD] (DVD)
Brilliant. We are a house of SF geeks and we all loved it. The in-jokes were fantastic, characters very interesting, might just be me but I couldn't tell that it was low budget, I thought it looked great. All the actors were spot on. If you love British comedy and science fiction you'll absolutely love this movie.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre, 5 Feb 2010
This review is from: FAQ About Time Travel [DVD] (DVD)
It would make a quite funny one off tv program. It is well below the standard of a film. Low budget, a wafer thin script and not particularly intelligent. Red Dwarf did all the pub, time travel, sci fi stuff in a much more accomplished manner. I would grab it if it was an absolute bargain but I regretted the amount I spent on it as a rental.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie with good laughs!, 26 Mar 2011
This review is from: FAQ About Time Travel [DVD] (DVD)
I was uncertain about this movie when I bought since I had only seen the trailer and not much else.
I found the geek/nerd/imageneers jokes good.
The plot started slow and then it got turns and twists that made me smile.

I really enjoyed it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Horrible, 10 Nov 2012
This review is from: FAQ About Time Travel [DVD] (DVD)
I suppose I'm damning this film with faint praise when I say it's not horrible.

Having said that, the story doesn't really deliver much. There's some humor, but only just some. Most of what happens in the film isn't explained. The maguffin (look it up) is never really shown to the audience or adequately explained. I kept waiting for explanations but they never came. The ending is either a total cop out or a setup for a sequel that will never get made because film companies don't make sequels to movies that no one has ever seen or heard of.

Still, there's enough there to provide some entertainment, and as I said, it's not horrible. Actual rating: 2.5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Missed Opportunity, 18 Dec 2009
S. Devereux (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FAQ About Time Travel [DVD] (DVD)
A low budget British film can still succeed if it has a 'killer' plot and great acting. Unfortunateley, this film exhibits neither. The trauma of weeks(?) in a monster-infested forest is seriously underplayed and a risible giant ant is a jarring element. Despite being billed as a geek's time travel movie, director Gareth Carrivick does little to please SF buffs with a far from watertight plot revolving around unexplained 'time leaks'. At least at 79min it does not outstay its welcome. Entertaining, but new Doctor Who episodes have done it better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Yawn, 27 Sep 2009
J. J. Osborn (st saviour, jersey Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FAQ About Time Travel [DVD] (DVD)
I love Marc Wootton and Chris O'Dowd, but this is just awful. Very similar to those (extra) dull episodes of Futurama or Red Dwarf where the whole running time is spent explaining the premise of the story, and no one bothers telling any jokes. As a BBC movie, it'll probably be on TV around Christmas so don't waste your money before you've had a chance to see it for free.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy DVD's from Lionsgate, 1 Oct 2009
P. Wise - See all my reviews
This review is from: FAQ About Time Travel [DVD] (DVD)
DVD plays straight into trailers for other movies rather than going to file menu. And they use the DVD Copyright controls to stop you being able to go to the menu screen. You have to chapter-skip through them one at a time.

I have no objection to dvd's containing trailers. I'm happy to watch them from an extra's menu. I object to being forced to watch them every time I try to watch a film that I have legally purchased.

I recommend you boycott the DVD and the distributor for these kind of practices.

1.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to believe.., 7 May 2010
sci-fi fan (annandale, nj usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FAQ About Time Travel [DVD] (DVD)
I really wanted to believe that this DVD was good despite the reviews. I was wrong -- it was incredibly boring..

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›