5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 27 May 2011
I had been training on and off for several years before finally deciding to get seriously into my training. I originally started taking just Met-Rx Supreme Whey which did it's job and then Maximuscle Creatamax, but after a year of heavy training (and results) I realised to keep making gains I'd need to do my research. One of the big things I learned was that sleep is vitally important in recovery and growth, and is also often overlooked by beginners when it comes to over night muscle growth. You need a slow digesting protein to take to last you throughout as much of your sleep as possible so your body has something to work with.

A friend had been recommended PhD supplements and passed this on to me. It was just as I was learning about Casein (slow digesting protein) and so I decided to leap in with this product. I ordered the belgian chocolate version.

The packaging is very professional looking, I'm used to protein containers with lightning bolts down the side for some reason. I was skeptical about whether I'd like the flavour but it turned out this is by far the nicest tasting supplement I've taken so far. It's not fully smooth in texture, but I prefer it to have texture to it. As with most other supplements it leaves some residue in the shaker after use, but I just put some more water in and shake it up then drink it again.

I would say my training and results have improved noticeably from taking this. My advice to any other beginner would always be whey is the most important of the supplements, but this definitely makes it in the top three along with creatine.

The quality and results from using this have been so good that I have now switched to only using PhD supplements.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phd 6hr White chocolate, 12 July 2013
Taste - First thing that hit me was how sickly sweet this is the second thing was was flax seeds there interesting to say the least personally I find the gritting tastes grinds on the back of the throat and made me cough quite a lot to begin with and that was only one scoop and 200ml of water ! The real problem is when you have the full 2 scoops again the flax seeds are a real downer and its thick and I mean almost as thick as a McDonald's shake !!! It's a real challenge to get this down you and I find my self chewing before I swallowed !!

Mixing - this stuff is near impossible to get right in just a shaker and even with a blender it takes time to get it right .

Does it work -well yes it does from the first serving before bed I woke up feeling pumped just like I would after a good session in the gym which shocked me as I have had a lot of protein shakes and never woke up feeling my muscles this tight before , this stuff might taste like crap but most things that are good for you don't taste nice lol

Value for money - yes , you get good gains and your strength will increase , it will also keep you full till you wake up next morning and that's always a good thing

5.0 out of 5 stars Good but very thick, 27 Mar 2014
SSB "SSB" (Birmingham U.K) - See all my reviews
OK taste, mixes fairly well. Has bits of flaxseed, but not too much a problem. The only thing I don't like is the addition of xanthum gum in the ingredients, as this causes the shake to really thicken. I don't get this problem with ON Gold standard and other wheys. But otherwise a good protein, and I like the fact it has slow release 6 hour protein.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: PhD Nutrition Pharma Blend 6hr Banana 2270g (Personal Care)
amazing product.. high quality slow release protein... banana taste is quite pleasant to drink surprisingly for this type of products.. ive been workin definition... complementing with this supplement and been getting amazing results..

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 23 Oct 2013
Cant understand why the same product but a different flavour can be £25 or more. I got mine for £31 I think & There was one flavour At £75. Strange

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 28 Sep 2013
It is a good product with very nice flavor, good for people in training muscles. delivering is quick
I love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes great!!, 21 Jun 2013
A. Hayes (UK) - See all my reviews
Nice consistency - not thick and slimy like some shakes (even ones by PhD!!). I enjoy the little bits of ground up flax contained - yum!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bedtime protien, 11 May 2013
Great for keeping away hunger pangs before bedtime, have found waking up with less muscle soreness after hard sessions. Also useful when travelling or attending lectures etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Great taste, 13 Oct 2012
Good value, and great taste, and very east to mix, no lumps, and no need for a blender, i have always bought phd

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good product and tastey too., 7 Sep 2012
B. L. Squires (UK) - See all my reviews
Really good product and tastey too, especially the belgian choc. A reasonable price and one of the best protein shakes to drink before going to bed as it drip feeds your muscles for 6 hours while sleeping. Highly recomended.