4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice bulbs
Much prefer the light from these ordinary bulbs to the long life bulbs even though they don't last very long. Have had a few failures, including one which blew off the bayonet showering sparks everywhere.
Published on 18 Sep 2010 by J. Stewart

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality.
I started to use these light bulbs yesterday. The first one lasted 2 hours approx, the second one lasted about 25 minutes!!!. Whilst I am aware that 'old fashioned' light bulbs last a shorter time than modern ones, I think this is ridiculous. And no, it's not the bulb holder that is at fault as the last bulb lasted for many months.
Comments would be welcomed!!.
Published 24 months ago by Annabella

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality., 28 Nov 2012
This review is from: 10 X 60 WATT PEARL LIGHT BULB BAYONET CAP
Comments would be welcomed!!.

3.0 out of 5 stars 60-Watt light bulb review, 25 Nov 2009
This review is from: 10 X 60 WATT PEARL LIGHT BULB BAYONET CAP
I ordered 20 number 60-Watt light bulbs from Palmer Riley on Sunday and received them that Wednesday using Royal Mail. These bulbs bear the GE logo and are manufactured in Hungary. The diameter of the bulb is 4.9 cm, which compares to 6 cm on a similarly rated bulb purchased locally; it is rated to provide 700 lumens of illumination as compared to 660 from my locally purchased bulb and 600 from a Philips Genie 11-W Energy Saver bulb. Its environmental rating is E, the same as my local purchase, much less than the A rating of the Energy Saver bulb. But I can read with this light bulb, something I could not do with the energy saver. Something else: the service rating of the GE bulb is 1000 hours. The energy saver says it will last ten years, but from experience I know this is not true. I just replaced an energy saver bulb in my garage after one year and much less than 1000 hours, for example.

While this would seem to be a very good light bulb, its reliability is variable, much less than its rated service. Out of ten light bulbs I will change one within two days, another within a week, two will last a month, and the rest longer. It probably is a good buy given the advantages I outlined above. For myself, however, I will try another supplier once my stock runs out.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very short life, 24 Sep 2011
R. J. Westmore (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10 X 60 WATT PEARL LIGHT BULB BAYONET CAP
Purchased these in August 2011, all initially worked. Now only a month later 60% have failed! So not good value.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother. Either no quality control or basic spec deficient, 16 Nov 2011
This review is from: 10 X 60 WATT PEARL LIGHT BULB BAYONET CAP
I bought these bulbs (60 watt) 1-2 years ago as the EU deadline on selling these bulbs was approaching.

I am not at all impressed. They don't last very long, certainly a lot less than what I have come to expect from more well know manufacturers.

More worryingly when they blow, they tend to shatter, scattering fragments of glass around. It's obvious from inspecting the glass shards that they are very thin gauge. Clearly the Hungarians are manufacturing down to a price rather than for service.

Avoid.

2.0 out of 5 stars pffffzzzt! (join the dead lightbulb society), 10 Jan 2011
This review is from: 10 X 60 WATT PEARL LIGHT BULB BAYONET CAP
they arrived promptly - well packaged in acres of bubble wrap - but the very first bulb i tried went 'pffffzzzt!!' and died. the second one worked. i haven't tried all the others, but so far i'm not very impressed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice bulbs, 18 Sep 2010
J. Stewart (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Bulb failure, 15 Feb 2013
This review is from: 10 X 60 WATT PEARL LIGHT BULB BAYONET CAP
Have used 5 so far. 3 blew within 2 minutes of use! Would not reorder as product not very reliable

5.0 out of 5 stars A light bulb moment !, 3 Oct 2012
Mr. G. Manning "Harry's Dad" (Hemel Hempstead, Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10 X 60 WATT PEARL LIGHT BULB BAYONET CAP
Last week I had a light bulb moment (excuse the pun). Why not buy more things on Amazon like light bulbs. These are great, much cheaper than a DIY store, only took a few days to arrive even with the free delivery option.

I saw previous reviews how some don't work out the box but I guess that's bad luck. I tried 2 and both were fine. It's nice to see what's under the stairs again now the energy saving bulb has been replaced!

They're really useful for my security light on the front door where you need it to come on instantly and not wait 5 mins to warm up like the eco-friendly ones do.

Will be buying again.

5.0 out of 5 stars EU regulations can go to hell !!!!!, 30 Nov 2010
Paul Downes "Artisan Paul" (Stoke-on-Trent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10 X 60 WATT PEARL LIGHT BULB BAYONET CAP
I found this supplier and product at a great price, what seems like good quality and fast delivery.....I have now stocked up a lifetime's supply of 100w/60w bulbs, so the EU and 'energy saving' light bulbs can go to hell !!!! Please continue to find loopholes thro this insanity.... I'm an artist and I want instant strong light, not a gas mantle flickering in the corner ! Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars light bulbs, 4 Sep 2011
Ian Tasker - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10 X 60 WATT PEARL LIGHT BULB BAYONET CAP
A reasoably priced supply of this endangered species.There is not much else I can add for such a basic item

10 X 60 WATT PEARL LIGHT BULB BAYONET CAP