5.0 out of 5 stars Great for big lawns
Published on 24 Mar 2010 by Callaghan

3.0 out of 5 stars No alternative for a small lawn
I'm just about to order another of these spreaders. I am the owner of a lawn care company and we get through an enormous amount of spreaders. We find they are a useful spreader for seeding a lawn and if you look after it and clean it out thoroughly it will probably last a few years. We abuse them and they don't last very long with us.
The first problem is the bit of...
Published 21 months ago by Dr Lawn

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for big lawns, 24 Mar 2010
This review is from: Scotts EasyGreen Rotary Spreader (Garden & Outdoors)
In my experience with this spreader I found it is really good for doing large areas and is much quicker than by hand and a fair bit faster than using my old drop spreader. To get the best out of it, it is important to walk at a staedy rate, as speed of walk affects the spread rate. All in all, i found it easy to use, gave a good accurate spread, and was well worth the money.

I would suggest that if you have a small garden then the drop spreader would be better, but for large gardens this is spot on. :)

3.0 out of 5 stars No alternative for a small lawn, 4 Oct 2012
This review is from: Scotts EasyGreen Rotary Spreader (Garden & Outdoors)
The first problem is the bit of wire that operated the shutter, this usually breaks within a couple of weeks because it has been bent in the packaging.
The next is I would suggest tightening all the screws holding the hopper on and applying a spot of "locktight", these vibrate out and get lost in the lawn.
The spinner gets knocked out because people "bounce" the spreader along to get the last few ounces of fertilizer out.
The last major problem is that pieces of fertilizer get stuck in the shutter stopping it from closing so the fert will dump straight on the lawn if you don't keep an eye on it.
The gearbox is a bit feeble and we have broken some, its quite common to overload these little spreaders by filling them right up with fertilizer which is going to give too much stress for the shaft and gearbox.

To sum up: We use them as a "emergency" spreaders to get us out of trouble if we cant get a professional large spreader through the gate.
I would recommend this spreader rather than a "drop" spreader any day .... but beware do not use a fertilizer that contains a moss control as you will stain the patio! Also don't use it with a fertilizer that contains a weed killer ... you'll kill the plants in the borders!
Phew! ...Pray for rain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little tool, 19 Sep 2010
This review is from: Scotts EasyGreen Rotary Spreader (Garden & Outdoors)
Good little spreader for the money. Sure, it won't last forever but if you keep it clean by brushing the fertiliser away after use it will last for years.DON'T make the mistake of hosing the thing clean after use. Water, iron components and fertiliser make bad bedfellows.This is also true for spreaders costing hundreds of pounds, they WILL eventually rust.
This spreader also works very well when spreading DRY top-dressing on your lawn.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well but very light construction, 29 Mar 2011
Mr. Richard The book boy "Book boy" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Scotts EasyGreen Rotary Spreader (Garden & Outdoors)
We got this to seed and fertilize a very big area. It works fine and has given us a very even lawn (about a quarter of an acre. The unit is light and easy to use with a spread adjustment. After using it please clean it as the fertilizer will corrode the metal parts as other reviwers have pointed out, I cleaned mine and it's fine, no rust on the metal parts after six months and several uses. Although this is a a very useful prodcut and does it's job well it is made of very lightweight plastic and tubular steel. If you don't oil this up when storing it I can see it will rust very quickly. All in all I am pleased with it and the price is good for what it does but the downside is that it is not very robust and needs TLC after every use. If you treat it well I am sure it will last years but you do need to clean it well after use with fertilizers as they are quite corrosive. Like anything look after it and it will last, I would buy another as it is very useful for spreading lawn feed and seeds. One star off as I think it could be better made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scotts Easy Green Rotary spreader, 10 April 2010
This review is from: Scotts EasyGreen Rotary Spreader (Garden & Outdoors)
Fantastic covers, the lawn in super quick time, easy to use only needs small storage space in the garden shed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 17 May 2010
Paul Barron "Paul" (Aberdeen) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scotts EasyGreen Rotary Spreader (Garden & Outdoors)
This spreader does a very good job for the price. It is easy to set up and use. The setting of dosage rates is a little inaccurate, but it is not really a problem. The spreader covers the ground easily and smoothly and can treat even a large lawn quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best spreader their is, 15 April 2010
This review is from: Scotts EasyGreen Rotary Spreader (Garden & Outdoors)
I moss kill and fertilise my Garden every year at least twice and finding a good spreader that does not give up after one use has been a challenge but this one does the trick and also you can see what you are doing which is also a problem with other spreaders.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use and good value for money, 28 May 2010
This review is from: Scotts EasyGreen Rotary Spreader (Garden & Outdoors)
I purchased this spreader after relatively poor experience with line model from another manufacturer, and I was postiviely supprised with this one. very easy to assemble and use. Spreads fertilizer and seeds evenly and without any issues. User needs to maintain pace and everything else is done by device. downside maybe user manual which could have more info on calibration, but this also highly depends on ganularity. if you have medium sized lawn, it is an excellent product to invest into, good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Green Grass, 23 Oct 2012
This review is from: Scotts EasyGreen Rotary Spreader (Garden & Outdoors)
Spreader is a great job. Sprays the fertiliser evenly and is easy to manoeuvre and control. Handle breaks down anis not to bulky to store.

4.0 out of 5 stars Scots Easy Green Spreader, 3 Oct 2011
K. Jackson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scotts EasyGreen Rotary Spreader (Garden & Outdoors)
This is a far better product than the linear spreader that it replaces. It is simple to assemble and use and it does the job well. Best of all it does not deposit large amounts of fertiliser when you reach the end of the lawn unlike the linear spreader. I would recommend it.

Scotts EasyGreen Rotary Spreader