Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

Born Frances Gumm, this brilliant singer-actress eventually adopted the name Judy Garland (after an interim period as Frances Garland). Her personal problems, compounded by the pressures of work, are well documented elsewhere, but Judy became extremely popular and successful despite (or maybe helped by) these problems.
Judy Garland's music has retained its popularity far in excess of most of her contemporaries, partly because of her outstanding singing but partly due to the popularity of the movies in which many of the songs were featured. The songs that most people remember Judy for are all here, especially Over the rainbow, Easter parade, The boy next door, On the Atchison, Topeka and the Santa Fe and Have yourself a merry little Christmas.
Judy can also be heard singing exquisite versions of Get happy, There's no business like show business, The trolley song, Anything you can do, They say it's wonderful, Embraceable you and many other great songs.
While I would like to have seen I'm nobody's baby and When you wore a tulip, I have no complaints about any of the selections here. There are plenty of other compilations of Judy's music to choose from, but this is a great choice as an introduction to her music.
on 20 February 2005
This has got a brilliant track listing, finally I have the Santa Fe song! However, the volume of the CD is very VERY low. I had it on my multichanger and had to turn the volume up double that of all the other cds in there. Not good when you always listen to music on shuffle.
on 30 March 2013
I play it loud in the car and it keeps those with rap music rattling their nuts and bolts off well away
on 12 February 2015
A nice collection of her songs, I bought it for my husband for Christmas.
on 11 May 2015
Great cd
on 24 December 2014
This was for my mum and dad, they love it.