5.0 out of 5 stars The Prof makes a welcome return.
I am now a few hours into this game and feel I have a good enough experience of it to review it now. If you've played the first game then this will feel familiar. The product illustration for this product has a different title, but I believe that is the American version of the game.

It follows the same method of gameplay with a few tweaks. As before there is a...
Published on 26 Sep 2009 by @GeekZilla9000

3.0 out of 5 stars Retains the charm, loses the fun
I found the first game to be a highly enjoyable aside to my normal gaming diet, with well crafted puzzles, a silly but entertaining story and quaint characters.

The sequel adds more varied locations and more characters however falls down in one key respect and that is the puzzles. Puzzles are really the meat of a Layton game and no matter how enjoyable (if...
Published on 26 Oct 2009 by G. Hanks

‹ Previous | 120 21 22 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars WHAT?, 8 Nov 2009
BagO'Cats (Nottingham, England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Professor Layton and Pandora's Box (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
The main things wrong with this game are that there is far too much text to go through. Some of the puzzles in the game are trick questions, for example on puzzle involves three jars; Two contain garlic, the other contains a flower. The tubes leading from the jars twist around each other and you have to block the ends of the tubes which lead to the garlic jars. There are three openings and you are given two corks. However all three tubes lead to garlic. The answer is the nose of the man in picture! Another problem is the hints, which are completely unhelpful unless it is a question involving maths and then the hints are only slietly unhelpful. The story line is not as good as the first game and the characters are dull and boring. Don't bother with this game and just play the first one.Professor Layton and The Curious Village (Nintendo DS)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the best buy, 23 April 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
The booklet didn't help me to understand the gist of the game It took me so many tries to get to the game and I have be honest I was hopeless at solving the clues. Don't mean to be unfair with my comments but for me I don't have anything positive to say about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars pandora's box review, 18 Jan 2010
Mr. P. P. Sayer (BRADFORD, WEST YORKSHIRE Great Britain) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Difficult to make a review, as the product was a Christmas present for someone else, and I haven't received feedback from the recipient!

4.0 out of 5 stars Professor Layton review, 15 Jan 2010
Mr. Graham Hilton (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this as a present for my wife.
I have never even looked at it, but my wife seems delighted.'nuff said?

5.0 out of 5 stars A great game for all, 14 Dec 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
We love Professor Layton in our house, having completed the first one we all looked forward to the 2nd installment and it doesn't disappoint. Its pretty much the same which in this case is a good thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Professor Layton = Great, 22 Nov 2009
J. Meaklim "Svybuyer" (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This was bought for a present for a member of my household. It arrived within its allocated time and hasn't been put down since. The tricky games have the whole house involved. Its a great way to make your brain think differently. I would advise anyone with a Ds to get it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 12 Jun 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I really enjoyed Professor Layton's Curious Village a when I found out there was a second Professor Layton game coming I couldn't wait! I should have waited. I didn't find the puzzles as interesting. I was playing this game like the other using logic but this game must have been developed by somebody who was confused because I next found that I couldn't continue with game. I had collected some pieces of paper and then done a puzzle but the final piece of paper was missing and would not reappear. Apparently you have to the puzzles in sequence and collect the pieces in sequence. Well, I had spent a long, LONG, time getting that far and certainly had no intention of restarting the whole game again (because I saved as I went along there was no way to go back to before the pieces of paper puzzle). The puzzles were terrible without logic and I used up all my hints most of time. I still haven't restarted it and I was very disappointed with this game.

5.0 out of 5 stars More Professor Layton, 29 Nov 2009
Mrs. J. A. Dowler (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Great game, for all the family, dont be put off by the age, 7yrs ,just a shame its not longer!! Also a shame that I didn't receive the first one I ordered, not I hasten to add, from Amazon, still awaiting my refund!!

5.0 out of 5 stars oh professer! you strike again!, 26 Nov 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
amazing! when you first start you put your name in and it starts 'To my dear friend...(whatever your name is.) amazing

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent follow up game, 2 Oct 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
What can one say, but agree with all of the positive feedback as this isn a great game, as per the first edition....

‹ Previous | 120 21 22 | Next ›

Professor Layton and Pandora's Box (Nintendo DS)
14.11