4.0 out of 5 stars Ashton Sl29/12ceqtsb 12 String Electro Acoustic Guitar
Published on 18 Jun 2012 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars So am I happy? NO I AM NOT HAPPY AT ALL
Published 16 days ago by Remigijus Dzingelevicius

4.0 out of 5 stars Ashton Sl29/12ceqtsb 12 String Electro Acoustic Guitar, 18 Jun 2012
This review is from: Ashton Sl29/12ceqtsb 12 String Electro Acoustic Guitar (Electronics)
Guitar arrived safely in a cardboard box! It was handy to have the built-in tuner. Got it going in no time. The guitar sounds very good and pleasant with and without the amp. It is a good size guitar, easier to transport. Tuning the g-string , as is always, is trickier than the other ones. Broke on when I had had the capo on - I think the capo put extra tension on the string. Good to have a couple of spare ones with the right gauge. Overall, this is an excellent guitar and very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars NICE TOOL, 2 Feb 2012
love this 12 string guitar i have had 12 string guitars off and on over the years but for the price you won't get one better , finnish is superb nice to tune state of the art i must say .thank you amazon ,

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic guitar, 14 Mar 2013
I was toying around with the idea of buying a twelve string when I came across this instrument. Having never heard of Ashton, I took a punt and it payed off. The guitar is of fantastic quality for the price and produces a great sound. The build quality cannot be faulted and the in built tuner is a fantastic addition, especially for a twelve string! Also the XLR jack is very convenient!

The most important thing is the sound, and I have to say after changing the strings it is fantastic, great action. It is up there with my Gibson and my Tanglewood but for nowhere near the price. Highly recommended to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the nicest guitars iv'e ever bought., 8 Nov 2011
This guitar has a lot to offer,it looks attractive,it's nice and light,it's got a good action,which makes it very playable,and i like it's sound,this guitar is great for rhythm and lead.
I'm so pleased i bought this guitar,anyone who is looking to get a 12 string i really recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant First Guitar, 30 May 2012
I was looking for a guitar for a beginner, and one that was fairly narrow neck-wise (I have quite small hands). As I'm left handed, I wanted a left handed guitar as well. This guitar fitted the bill and the price very reasonable. Excellent quality, sounds great and the built in tuner very handy too.

Looks lovely, sounds great, perfect size, arrived on time and in perfect condition.

Absolutely no complaints-Brill!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value for Money, 27 Oct 2010
This is an excellent 12 string guitar and ideal for anyone not sure about making the plunge. It is extremely easy to play, which is not a feature of most cheap 12 strings. The fretboard is only slightly broader than a 6 string and the action is commendably low. In fact it is pretty much the same size as a normal guitar and is very light.
The electric tuner makes life much easier and seems to hold its tuning quite well. You don't spend hours trying to get it in tune.
Sound is quite trebly and a bit thin but you still get that 12 string resonance and bigness.

Hard to fault for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool guitar, 27 Sep 2012
Bob (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a cool 'budget' guitar. It looks great, sounds and plays very well. The finish is a bit plasticky in places, if you look carefully, and the frets could be better finished at the edge of the neck, but for the price it's really very handy. It needs a PP3 battery for the on-board tuner and EQ, and it would have been nice if one were included. But I'm not complaining. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very quick delivery, great instrument., 27 Jun 2012
The guitar arrived the day after I ordered it, whether I'm particularly close to a distribution centre I have no idea but was suitably impressed by the speed.

More importantly... as for the instrument itself I have been very pleased so far, it arrived in tune and has so far stayed in tune after a fair few hours play. The finish, action and sound are all good and it came supplied with the battery. I look forward to plugging it into an amp and seeing the kind of sound I get then.

I've yet to fully test the tuner but it appears work well and is easy to use.

Overall I'm very satisfied with the purchase and think it's good value for money.

2.0 out of 5 stars So am I happy? NO I AM NOT HAPPY AT ALL, 6 Dec 2014
I'm not Amazon Prime member hence for the next day delivery had to pay £6.99 that's OK but next day delivery didn't happened - that is not OK! Guitar arrived two days after and that's not the end of the story yet. The XLR jack is missing, the 9v battery plastic deck lock is broken so it is not holding the battery in. Also EQ is completely different than written in description and it's got 3 band EQ's not 4!
So am I happy? NO I AM NOT HAPPY AT ALL!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound, excellent prener(?) lots of fun, 16 April 2014
Bought this as it was cheap (£150) and liked the red wash over wooden body. Not prepared to invest proper cash on a 12 string as I have other better guitars already but wanted one to mess around on. The prener allows me the option to use live if we decide to go with this as an option.

The finish is a little rough but the actin is low and barr chords not a problem from the first fret down.

With 12 strings a tuner is a must and as with others I broke the smaller G string first time round. Replaced it with a 6 string top E (an 11 I think) and wound it slowly to G and it has settled in fine.

The tuner is very straight forward and accurate, the tuning keys are strong and hold the tune well. I chose to use regular tuning where others recommend drop D and a capo to reduce bridge tension.

Need a 12 string capo if you use one, my 6 string capo does not really grab the middle strings as the finger board is a little wider and flatter than a folk guitar.

Great sound, nice and jangly and a lot of fun to play.