5.0 out of 5 stars Tent Elec Light
Bought this light for camping. Good long cable to ensure light reached top of tent easily. Not too bright so we used also as night light for kids. Didnt get hot so no worry about setting your tent of fire. All in all a good purchase.
Published on 17 Jun. 2011 by TJ Scoob

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to find replacement bulb
Published 7 months ago by Boydungood

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Tent Elec Light, 17 Jun. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Product! Highly Recommended!, 6 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Sunncamp Bulkhead Light
We go electric camping a lot and I was looking for a practical light to use in the tent. This light is brilliant. It has a super long lead so you can trail it around the tent. You have the option of either a hook or tent pole grips to fix the light to the roof of your tent. The only advice I would give is change the light bulb because the one provided with it is a bit dim. We changed it for a short, round curly styled energy saving lightbulb equivalent to 60W and it lights up the whole tent (we have a large tent!!). We bought two lights thinking we would need them, but by chaging the bulb you only need one of these to do the job. We gave the other one to my sister in law who is also really impressed with it. Make sure you get an energy saving lightbulb for two reasons: 1) it won't get too hot and melt throught he tent lining 2) The lecky won't short out if you boil the kettle because it uses low energy.

This light is also brilliant if you hook it up outside the tent at night for evening BBQ's (but not in the rain obviously!). Highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to find replacement bulb, 12 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Sunncamp Bulkhead Light
As other reviewers have said the bulb that comes with the light is too dim but the problem is that the space provided for the bulb is very tight before you reach the casing. This means your choices of replacement bulb are very limited and if you can find a high lumens bulb (i.e. above 60w equivalent - you're going to need that to light your tent) that also fits the space then you've done better than me. Only bulbs of length 11cm or smaller of a specific type will fit this light - I just don't understand why they didn't allow more space inside to allow a variety of bulbs to be used. Wouldn't buy again for this reason but if you only want a low light level then you're fine with this as it's well made and rugged.

4.0 out of 5 stars hooked up, 5 Jun. 2013
terry fry (COVENTRY, W Midlands, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sunncamp Bulkhead Light
Bought this for camping trip and it works! What more can i say. quick service and happy with product and it lights the Tent up and fits in my bag that got free with Sunncamp deluxe mobile supply unit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, 5 May 2012
J.C (Barrow-Upon-Humber) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sunncamp Bulkhead Light
Only one thing i found wrong with this item (personal thoughts) is that the bulb provided shed very little light...maybe OK for a small tent or as a night light for your children.
Went for a 20w energy saver bulb found here (Homebase Product no. 033938) which fits a treat (bare in mind size of bulb if/when buying)
anyway with upgraded bulb was just the job.. enough lead to see any camper a happy one

4.0 out of 5 stars First time I have electricity whilst camping - why did I wait so long!, 17 May 2013
This review is from: Sunncamp Bulkhead Light
As suggested in previous reviews I changed the bulb to a brighter version and it worked brilliantly. So apart from that highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice lamp, 27 July 2012
G. Stoker (leiceater uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sunncamp Bulkhead Light
nice lamp just job for camping need higher watt bulb mabe
but thats ur choice well made good price fast delivery
i will use it in our tent no problem safe to

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 16 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Sunncamp Bulkhead Light
i have purchased this to go with my camping gear, it does the job nicely, nice long wire and comes with a hook. Would have been 5 stars but upon delivery, i noticed a rattling noise coming from the inside, I unscrewed it and found the bulb was smashed. Not a problem though, bought a cheap replacement and it does work fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tent Light, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Sunncamp Bulkhead Light
I bought this light to use on a recent camping trip. As other reviewers mentioned, the bulb that comes with the light is a little low for my liking however, I easily swapped to a brighter bulb of the same fitting. I used an energy saver as it was recommended plus it doesn't get too hot. The hook was a very useful extra and we used this to hang the light off a suitable point in the tent. The light itself survived an extremely rough camping trip. High winds and snow meant that the tent was subjected to high levels of movement and as a result, the light was propelled off its hanging point on several occasions. Despite these technical hitches, the light never failed once and is still going strong. I will certainly be buying a second one and keeping the original bulb in to use as a night light for the children. An invaluable purchase

4.0 out of 5 stars Good camping light, 11 Aug. 2012
Mark (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sunncamp Bulkhead Light
I purchased this to use both in a caravan awning, and in a 'pop-up' Gazebo we sometimes use. It seems well made, has an 'energy-saving' low wattage bulb (but which gives sufficient light for purpose: I think its the equivalent of about 25w), and has a hook and clips on the rear to fasten it to a pole. My only minor gripe is that the clips on the back might be alright for metal poles, but they're not wide enough to go around the thicker carbon-fibre poles I have in my awning. Its not a huge issue though, as you can just use the hook.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›