4.0 out of 5 stars Added extra life to an old pair of shoes
I used this dye on a pair of shoes that I've had for a while and were looking a bit faded and old. Now they look almost new again. Applying the dye was easy - there was no mess and the instructions were easy to follow. The shoes are a slightly darker shade of brown than they were when I bought them, but I like the colour, so no problem.
Published 18 months ago by Andy

2.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product let down by Coverage..
Dylon Suede & Nubuck Shoe Dye (Brown) is an excellent product, the colour is brilliant and very easy and fast to apply, however the product is let down terribly by it's guide coverage.

Published 22 months ago by Mum of two!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product let down by Coverage.., 12 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Dark Brown Suede and Nubuck Dye - Dark Brown (Kitchen & Home)

I am trying to dye a beautiful tan pair of children's suede moccassins (children's size 13) CHILDS SUEDE MOCCASINS PVC SOLE. MADE IN THE UK to Dark Brown and the coverage guide supplied by Dylon is way out. I have a completed one shoe perfectly and have only managed to get through the about 2/3 of the second shoe, so irritating, judging by other reviews I thought that 1 bottle would be suffice to cover a small pair of children's moccasins, not the case unfortunately.

If I was made aware of this in their instructions and product listing I simply would've purchased 2 bottles, so please be aware that 1 bottle of 50ml is NOT enough to cover a small pair of slippers, I recommend 2 x 50ml bottles to get a good even coverage on this size of shoe.

The colour is a lovely rich deep brown, and one coat is plenty to give a deep rich dark brown, however to complete that 1 cover in my experience 1 50ml bottle is not enough.

HELPFUL HINT (according to Dylon's instructions) The contents of this pack WILL dye one pair of average size shoes or small boots.

This is not true on this occasion, approx 83% of a child's slipper will be covered in my experience.

All in all an excellent product let down by it's guidelines and helpful hints that are misleading.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor coverage, 14 Feb. 2013
I was dyeing a pair of very pale pink suede boots that came just above the calf and I needed to buy 4 bottles to do this and the colour is still not really dark so ideally it would be best to do a 2nd coat but that's another 4 bottles and new boots could be cheaper

4.0 out of 5 stars Added extra life to an old pair of shoes, 16 Dec. 2013
Andy (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Revamp an old pair of comfy shoes, 30 July 2013
Bruce (Birmingham) - See all my reviews
Had a very comfy pair of suede shoes that were showing there age, so decided to give them a clean up .The price was good, followed the directions on the box and finished up with a decent looking comfy pair of shoes.

4.0 out of 5 stars It went on really easily, but I ended up with a bit of ..., 17 Nov. 2014
I rejuvenated a pair of light coloured suede boots using this dye. It went on really easily, but I ended up with a bit of a 'patchy' effect rather than a solid all over colour. However the boots turned out alright and have I been complemented on my 'new boots!' I needed three bottles of the stuff to do the job, but still alot cheaper than a new pair of boots. No regrets!

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, 6 July 2013
worked on my dark brown suede. I recommend this for anyone who wants to get the colour of there suede back

4.0 out of 5 stars Need bigger bottles!, 20 May 2015
It works well as a dye. However it says one bottle for a pair of mens shoes. Yes. Possibly, if you are only retouching them in the same colour. I am trying to change a sand coloured pair of mens desert boots and have just had to order bottle number 3 to apply a final coat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rescue me., 2 Feb. 2014
My other half spilt something on a new pair of slippers which left an unsightly mark. Purchased the Nubuck dye and after one application the slippers were as good as new - good stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and excellent results, 4 Jun. 2015
Have used this shoe dye with excellent results, please note you will need two bottles for a medium size pair of shoes, the nubuck/suede uses more than leather.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly., 22 July 2014
Worked well, good coverage for a pair of wedged ankle boots. Gave a good, rich deep brown over the original pale yellowish tan suede.