on 27 December 2009
These two tins took a while to arrive but were well worth waiting for. It was the biggest 10 inch one which I needed for my Christmas cake and it turned out to be a snug, air-tight fit. Since then I have filled the other one with mince pies several times and they have kept fresh.The quality is indisputably solid and the design (pale polka dots on a cream background)is neutral enough to fit in with most decors.I would buy them again!
on 2 January 2010
I bought the Kitchen tins as an essential to replace our battered ones, to great delight. they are a good size without being too big, so that stacking them in a cupboard is still possible.
The subtle colours of the design were just what I was looking for as it is hard to get everything to match in a kitchen.
Very pleased with this product.
on 15 April 2010
I love these tins there so cute and perfect for all my cakes. They are simple but so pretty. And at a very great price I would definitely recommend them.
on 1 December 2011
This is the first time I feel pushed to write a review because this product is so bad. They look lovely and yes they are enamelled on the inside as well, but the larger of the two tins, the main reason I bought the set, is not in the least bit airtight. I even asked for a second set just in case I got the one that was defective. But second set came and once again not airtight. The lid just eases off without any force. If you hold it by the lid the bottom part falls off, that's how loose it is.
Because I hadn't returned the first set I even tried switcing the lids to see if that helped, but alas no.
So if you're happy to have a pretty tin and not keep food in it then, go ahead, but if you need it to do literally "what it says on the tin" (there is a sticker that states it's airtight), then don't!
on 6 April 2010
Very good value for money. However, I bought them specifically to fit a 10" iced christmas cake and the large tin was too small
on 8 August 2010
These tins are OK, Lids fit tightly. But usual thing these tins should be made from a heavier gauge metal.
on 22 January 2011
I bought this to fit a Christmas cake AND it's base in. It fit wonderfully!
I was sensible and put it in the lid as obviously where wasn't room to get your board out easily if put in the actual tin. the tin would have to be MASSIVE to do that! But a BRILLIANT buy. Looks fantastic!
on 17 June 2011
The tins are great and I was impressed with the quality considering the price. But why the great big sticker in the middle of the bigger tin. Despite soaking and gentle rubbing and picking the last layer of glue will not come off.
on 24 October 2011
I actually like the tins BUT -

The lid on the small tin is very tight while the lid on the large tin is a little loose.It was impossible to remove the label on the large team cleanly so I tried a little nail varnish remover which removed the sticky residue but took the varnish off the lid. I admit that this was a mistake on my part so I accept resposibility for this.

Why can't sticky labels be used that just peel off cleanly?
This is the only time I felt I had to complain about an item purchased on Amazon and I have purchased many items. Just unlucky this time!
on 14 September 2010
These are great - very reasonably priced, sturdy enough, neutral colour - I would highly recommend them. They were also delivered in record time. Great product, great supplier.