5.0 out of 5 stars Like shaving with a bakewell tart
Published on 30 Sep 2010 by deadpoet

1.0 out of 5 stars Taylor of Old Bond Street Almond Shaving Cream
Taylor of Old Bond Street Almond Shaving Cream - nice scent but the cream is horrible. It lathers up and thickens as the water gets cool and it really horrible to use. I have tried so many creams and am beginning to think that the best solution is to use shaving oil only and a good razor blade. Very dissapointed with this product - it is not cheap.
Published 15 months ago by Paul D Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Like shaving with a bakewell tart, 30 Sep 2010
Don't let me title put you off, this is the best smelling shaving cream I have ever used. I started using a proper brush and cream shave with Body Shop's shaving cream but they changed the recipe deciding that all men wanted to smell like all men, before it was nice. So I have been using shaving gel's of late until I realised how much I missed a shave with a brush so I went on the hunt, saw this on amazon a little dubious but once I received it just to smell it was amazing, really almondy like a bakewell tart sort of a smell or marzipan. The cream is a nice texture and makes for a very good shave.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy, 25 Mar 2010
J. Homfray (UK) - See all my reviews
Taylor's Almond rates as one of my Favorite shaving creams.

The scent is absolutely heavenly .. Its like spreading a warm bake-well tart on your face.
(I don't recommend licking the stuff however)
The cream itself is up to the usual high standard expected of a Taylor's product.
Lathers well, Moisturizes and gives a great slick shaving surface.

The 150g pot will keep you going for a fair old while as well so all in all decent value.

<Note - This cream requires use of a shaving brush>

5.0 out of 5 stars Been using this for several years, 12 April 2013
Bought it first in TK Maxx - amazed at the smell/flavour & smooth shave. Don't buy anything else now. Just this

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely smell.....must resist eating it!, 29 Dec 2012
This stuff makes such a fine lather. Thick, slick and an almond smell to cheer the soul. It really feels like a top end luxury shaving cream. So far this and classic Proraso are my favourites.

Agree with the other reviewer that its like a big creamy bake-well tart on the face.......in a good way ^-^

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven in a tub., 5 Sep 2012
This review is from: Taylor of Old Bond Street Almond Shaving Cream (150 g) (Misc.)
It is difficult to think of words good enough to describe how pleasant it is to rub a badger hair brush loaded with this across my face in the mornings. A rich, marzipan-scented lather fills the bathroom with its aroma, and helps a fresh blade to glide towards some of the best shaves I have ever had.

Having a shave in the morning shouldn't be what you look forward to. But with this stuff, the daily routine will become a delight.

If The Pope knew how nice this stuff is, he would make it a sin. It genuinely is that good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Taylors Shaving Cream, 23 May 2012
Have tried all different types of Taylors shaving cream and found the Almond one to be the best fragrance for me. All Taylors shaving creams are excellent personal choice for which fragrance you like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shaving cream, 10 Feb 2012
karl (On Sofa Wales) - See all my reviews
A quality product,have used some of the other taylor creams and they all work really well.
The almond smells great when you first apply, but does mellows out when your done shaving so you won't spend the day smelling like a bakewell tart.I've got quiet sensative skin but the cream did the job.
Worked for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Shaving Smells, 17 Jan 2012
Scott Lord (Bury, UK) - See all my reviews
I recently swapped my Fusion razor for a double edged safety razor and choose this as the first Cream that wasn't from a can to try.

I'd read online that the difference between the supermarket stuff in a can and this (brush required to lather) stuff is incredible, I wasn't really sure myself, however I was blown away by the shave you get with this stuff!

You only need a small amount on the end of a good badger hair brush (which has been pre-soaked in some warm water) and as you mix it in a bowl (or your hand) it quickly forms a great lather.

Applying it to the face it smells great, very sweet and covers your beard in a thick smooth lather.

The glide you get is amazing, coupled with my favourite Feather Double Edge Razor Blades 10-pack, you can hardly feel the blade on your face. No pulling, no tugging, nothing. Just a smooth, clean shave.

It rinses off your face really easily and doesn't clog the razor.

I'm looking forwarding to trying other creams from Taylor of Old Bond street.

5.0 out of 5 stars Taylors Almond shaving cream, 5 May 2011
Amazon Customer "Peter" (Northumberland, England) - See all my reviews
Wonderful smell, very economical to use, lathers beautifully with no effort. Leaves my skin feeling great. The cost is very reasonable considering the results it provides. It's not expensive so give it a go. Also a nice jar, just like the ones you used to see in barber shops.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Why do so many use foams and gels when this is so much better., 2 May 2011
Note: I bought the lemon and lime version but my comments and review is relevant to all versions. The smell does not have any effect on my opinion.

It shaves very well but the main benefit I felt is how my face feels for the rest of the day. With foam, gel and soap (I've tried them all) my face always felt quite uncomfortable for the rest of the day. Quite raw and painful. With this my face feels so much better. Not sure what's in it that makes the difference but it feels like I have not shaved that day. Get a badger brush. So much better to apply with than a cheap one. Apparently they last a long time too (hanging on a stand) so it's not such a big cost in the long run.

This is the first cream I've used for shaving so I guess this review is more of a cream vs foam/gel/soap review. For all I know other makes of cream could be better or worse. This is considerably cheaper than most other creams though so it wins on that front. I certainly don't feel the need to try the more expensive ones as this works perfectly well and a lot better than non-cream products.

ARRAY(0xb5a1680c)

Taylor of Old Bond Street Almond Shaving Cream (150 g)
10.02