4.0 out of 5 stars It took a lot of research but this is the best for the money
Published on 10 Jan 2010 by JK

2.0 out of 5 stars very disappointing
Bought from Marks and Spencer, would I buy again, NO, sound is rubbish, format keeps changing without reason, picture keeps pixellating, some sort of fabric is falling down from between frame and screen. M&S never installed it properly despite installation being part of the contract, they ignored the rejection email which was sent within 7 days of delivery. Will never...
Published on 3 Feb 2011 by love Amazon

4.0 out of 5 stars It took a lot of research but this is the best for the money, 10 Jan 2010
JK (Cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic TX-P42G15B 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Plasma TV with Freesat HD (Installation Recommended) & Viera Cast (Electronics)
Where to start, well with the picture of course because to be honest that is the reason we buy the TV in the first place. So I am no expert on all the finer technical details but the picture in simple terms is amazing, crystal clear and really sharp. The colours are vibrant. Everyone always goes on about how black the black is, well all I can say on this is the black is black. If you do have a satellite Dish, watching the free to view HD channels is just amazing, and as a result convinced me that it is worth £10 a month for SKY HD. Can you really see the difference between standard and HD, oh yes. Another key feature with this set is the Neopdp, or in simple terms being able to see a well defined fast moving object rather than a blur or odd shape. So again from a simple perspective it really does work, watching football and F1 are just fantastic, however it was whilst watching James May showing how fast a scalextric car could go with the magnets that really showed how well this system works. If you did not see it, he had a car going around in a circle and just upped the speed until it came off. At no point did the car look blurred or oddly shaped.

Now about the sound, its good but not great. So I invested in a Panasonic cinema 5.1 system, in the sales, worth every penny. Now I have a great picture and a great sound. No it is better than that unbelievable sound and picture.

Should you by the G15 over the G10. Well for me it has three extra features and you can make your own mind up.
1. It has a SD card slot, so you can view your pictures directly from the card, no more messing about burning disks etc.
2. You can conect your PC directly to the TV. Not tried this yet so not surehow often I will use this
3. You can connect the TV to teh internet, as it needs an ehternet cable, and the TV is not near my router.

So to sum up, I spent 6 months deciding which HD TV to buy, and everything I read pointed to Panasonic. I have now had the TV for a month and I have to say everyone who said buy a Panasonic was correct. I will therefore add my own voice to that list. Buy the Panasonic TX-P42G15. Just one last thing I paid less than £800 and it is even cheaper now, so Amamzon, ouch come on guys you are usually leading the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 27 Nov 2009
This is a lovely piece of equipment. I have not explored all its features yet but those I have are most impressive. The picture quality is superb and even the sound is not too bad (although I bought the Blu-Ray Home Cinema at the same time so use this mainly).
What is so impressive is the well thought out set up procedures. The simple stuff is almost all automatic and yet there are lots of tweaks that are accessible if you care to look. The manuals are good, in complete contrast to those in a Panasonic DVD recorder I bought a few years ago and I hope to have everything set up nicely over the next few weeks. I will update this preliminary review then but for the moment, I am delighted and more to the point, so is my wife!

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic delivers again, 31 Jan 2010
J. COPEMAN-BRYANT (UK) - See all my reviews
Ordered the 42" Neo PDP Plasma from Panasonic after checking Which reviews where their latest range fills the top 5 best buy spots.
Set the screen up without any drama, running in my Panasonic DVD HDD Recorder on the HDMI, Virgin Media box on the Scart and Nintendo Wii on the other scart.
The set replaced an old 32" Panasonic CRT, which served us well, but with a new house purchase in process and VAT heading back up to 17.5% the timing was right for an upgrade.

The picture and sound is lovely. Easy to set up to personal preferences and everything works intuitively and sensibly. The Viera link to the HDD Recorder is cool too and allows you to do away with the DVD remote control and run everything through the TV.

Sound was improved by connecting up my DTS / Pro logic amp and 5.1 sound system using the TV's optical output and DTS movies on DVD now rock the walls of the house.

Picture is smooth and deep. Colours are vivid - especially noticeable on CBeebies, when the 2 year old is watching. Movies have a pseudo 3D quality with this size screen too, although I could have got away with a 38" if one were available.

Went for the LAN enabled set too, which shows promise although is nothing but a gimmick right now - Viera cast needs more content. Will be setting up the Freesat once it gets re-installed in the new house next month.

Another cracking job from Panasonic.

4.0 out of 5 stars As good at the price as the technology allows, 21 Jan 2010
Plasma and LCD/LED HDTV have possibly been the most over-hyped and over-sold technology of the century. At best the performance is only on a par with a decent CRT set, and anything less (more than typical)is garbage.
Having said all that the Panasonic TX-P42G15B is about as good as you can buy at the price (and actually somewhat higher.)
The picture on full HD e.g BD and games is very impressive with pretty natural colours and little motion blur. It does look a little soft compared to some LCD/LED sets e.g the latest Samsungs but they are very much more expensive, and have significant input lag if you are a gamer. (This set has no input lag whatsover).
Do not believe the hype about motion blur being elimitated on this or any other set. It is minimal but there is still something simply unnatural and not quite fluid about movement (esp pans) on digital TVs at the current time. This plasma is however better than any LCD set I've seen.
I think that the network connectivity is worth the extra money over the G10 given the small premium at current prices. Viera cast is pretty limited at the moment, and its likly that content will improve over time.
I cannot comment on the various inbuilt tuners' abilities as I do not watch broadcast TV.
Recommended?. Yes with reservations :-
- The price has dropped significantly making the set better value. I would be less happy at its original/full price.
- Not much out there that is better esp at the current price.
- I dont think any digital TV technology delivers what it promises but this set does it better than most.

UPdate - Just a warning about many of the reviews for these TVs. There are very many 5* reviews by "reviewers" who have no other reviews to their name. Panasonic seems to suffer hugely from these "shill" reviews so just dont take all the glowing 5* at face value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing TV, 1 Jan 2010
Jack H (Penicuik, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I bought this TV less than a week ago so i havent used it for everything yet.
However i have used it to watch Blu-ray movies using my ps3 and it is outstanding even normal dvds upscaled look great on this piece of kit. Also played some games on my xbox through HDMI and it is great as well, although the xbox games arent really 1080p standard just using a huge screen for Mordern Warfare 2 is incredible.

This TV has internet access via ethernet. You can access youtube and other content using the Viera link button on the remote.

Still havent got the settings right for the sound needs slight adjustment but its really loud and clear just now.

One thing to note it does have a headphone socket, however when i plugged in my wireless IF Philips headphones i got a loud buzzing sound. I believe this has something to do with the electric field surrounding the tv when it is on not sure though....but they worked fine on my 32" Bravia beforehand. I need to get some FM headphones and see how they compare if they are useless then i might have to bring the score down for this tv, since i use the headphones alot when watching films later at night. Dont want to wake any house guests etc. :)

But for now this is a great TV, and at 600Hz its unbelievable when watching fast moving images like movies (Star Trek is awesome) video games and sports.

5 out of 5 for now

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice TV, 31 Jan 2010
M. Lewis "musicman" (West Berkshire UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this about a month ago. Set-up was a doddle. Sound very good - even without 5.1 cinema etc. One thing that is a bit strange is that the picture warps on some programmes. I put this down to using an ordinary terrestrial aerial. I haven't got around to installing a dish yet - so if you buy this TV I suggest buying a dish at the same time. All in all I'm very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than I expected!, 7 Feb 2010
P. Mendola - See all my reviews
Finally decided to upgrade my old TV to this Panasonic TX-P42G15B 42 inch HD TV,
Happy to report arrived well packaged and on time.
The TV itself not only looks good but has lots of features that i'm still exploring,
The HD broadcasts though the Freesat connection are amazing.(satellite dish required)
The SD card slot is useful for viewing photo's.The Viera cast is simple to set up,
with a cable from the TV to a router you're able view some internet content like You Tube ,Eurosport video news reports,general financial news with Bloomberg TV text.
To summarise, easy to set up,user friendly remote,most of all a great HD quality picture on
HD content,the only negative is not too much free to air HD broadcasts as yet!But should
improve in time.Even ordinary digital channels look good, but you do notice the difference
with full HD quality.
Hope you find this review useful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning performer, 12 Feb 2010
Had this plasma now for 2 weeks and can highly recommend. Compared with my previous Panasonic 37" plasma this latest model is far superior. It is also much lighter and easier to lift and manoeuvre. As for installation it is such a simple task I would not want to be paying someone ~ £100.
Anyone looking to upgrade or buy a new TV will not be disappointed if purchasing this model or indeed the TX-P42G10

5.0 out of 5 stars Survived my kids.....!!, 9 Sep 2010
C. McBryer (UK) - See all my reviews
Fantastic picture and very easy to set up. The sound can be a little weak with occasional mushy bass but generally good. Best thing about this TV is that it has survived my three small children bashing and scratching it almost unscathed. My old Sony looked tatty within weeks. Had this one for over 10 months and great build quality.

Would recommend it highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic quality product, 24 Aug 2010
Arrived in 2 days, worked first time - brilliant picture quality compared with ALL the opposition we have looked at.
TV is what we expected from Panasonic - 100% quality with no smearing or distortion.
The computer interface is straight forward allowing much more realistic running of my flight simulation packages.
SD card socket very useful for reviewing our camera outings and editing down (as well as boring our visitors with holiday snaps).
Panasonic camcorder straight in via HDMI - used as above.
Bought the latest Panasonic Blue Ray player - again simple interface via separate HDMI........even my old DVDs benefit from the 'upscaling', hi res and colour quality.
Must open the instruction book some time!