on 18 May 2010
Good quality MP3s. For me the great selection of tracks make it stand out above similar collections which often seem to feature too many "I don't remember that one" tracks!
on 8 January 2011
Fabtastic album,if you love eighties music it is amust have. There are several eighties compilations out there, but this has got to be the best, all the big hits are there, takes you back to the era.
11 comment11 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 September 2010
I downloaded this on the MP3 bit of Amazon for a fiver, and its amazing value for money, plus there aren't tons of rubbish tracks filling it out like you find on some albums. Plus there are tons of classics that I forgot about, and songs which don't pop up that often on compilations. I totally recommend this album!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 August 2015
I've had this for ages. Can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet! Maybe that's because I usually play it via my .mp3 player when I'm out :D The memories of what I used to play as a DJ in those years is lovely. Huge nostalgia factor. Oh, and that's anuvver thing - that 'factor' word. What's that all about?

Anyway, if ya like UB40; Boy George; Duran Duran; Spandau Ballet and all them, you'll love this set of 6 albums. Serious players will want to set aside two days to get through them comfortably.

I've just seen a review from someone asking for the whole tracklist. That's a bit too expansive to put here as there are 6 discs with at least 20 tracks per disc. I'd be only too glad to do it for anyone who wants to contact me privately. Drop a comment here and I'll pop it in a reply.
on 19 November 2013
As a Hobby DJ I have to keep my music selection relevant, wide spread of styles and it has to be quality production. This Album has many popularly requested tracks and others which are useful for any DJ or Anybody with a taste for this style of music
on 18 May 2010
This album represents excellent value for money, Amongst the gems featured on this compilation are Gary Moore and Phil Lynott's 'Out In The Fields', David Grant and Jaki Graham's cover of 'Could It Be I'm Falling In Love', the Boystown Gang's version of 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' and Dave Stewart and Colin Bluntstone's cover of 'What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted. There is not a duff track on the album.

However, EMI appear to have slipped up in their research as one of the tracks featured, Belinda Carlisle's 'Live Your Life Be Free' was a hit in September 1991 - which makes the album title just a little misleading! The same problem has affected '80s Pop - 120 Original Hits' where here the rogue track is Boy George's 'The Crying Game' which charted in September 1992.

All in all, though, a very good album and I look forward to seeing what other gems EMI can unearth from the archives.
22 comments5 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 February 2015
I dont expect to like all the songs on most eighties compilations and I have had to buy a few to get a good selection to put into my music library as long as they are the original songs sung by the original artists or cover artists then its fine by me.
on 27 December 2012
120 80's songs for a really good price. Not all are what you would call classics, but for the cash you get more than enough memories to make you grin from ear to ear.

A worthy addition to anyone's music collection.
on 27 October 2013
We bought this for the 300 mile journey to an adult 80's weekend. We had the kit but needed to complete the theme . This album did the trick and got us suitably in the mood. Crackin'!!!
on 18 September 2011
What can I say about the eighties that's not already said... some great songs, some good songs and then there were some kak, this is a mix of all I have mentioned