I bought this handsfree unit for my girlfriend who has an unenviable commute by road from north of Brighton to Hemel Hempstead. The Nokia HF-510 is unique in terms of its physical form - it can stick to the windscreen like a satnav, clip to the visor with the fitting supplied or stick to the dash using a self adhesive plate and the suction base.

Pairing with your phone with this unit is very easy and the phone book entries will be synched too, so, that when someone calls, if their number is in the phone memory, their name will be displayed on the pin sharp OLED display. Battery life is very good as the unit switches itself off if it does not detect a paired phone. I understand the HF-510 will memorise up to 4 paired phones.

The audio performance is the best we have experienced from an aftermarket Bluetooth unit - we've had both Parrot and Motorola units before this. The volume and quality of this Nokia unit is superb and callers often can't detect that a handsfree unit is being used. It is also easy to answer and end calls using the large single button on the front of the unit. The outer ring at the front of the unit doubles as a volume control and enables you to scroll through phonebook entries.

The physical form of this Nokia unit is very different to other visor mount units - check that is right for you, otherwise it's a no brainer in the aftermarket Bluetooth sector. If money is tight an identical version minus the display (the HF-310) is available but the HF-510 is certainly the better for the addition of the display.

In summary, a high quality product that easily justifies its price against the opposition.
on 3 December 2010
This is an excellent handsfree. Easy to connect to phone. Clear reception and caller ID. Easy to make call using caller ID. I would have given it 5 stars but tried unsuccessfully to get it to stick on dashboard. I have now attachedf it to window instead and it seems fine. Would thoroughly recommend it.
on 6 April 2011
It does the job. In my previous car I had a cradle which was wired into the car speaker system and automatically muted the radio when a call came through. With this thing you have to remember to connect bluetooth every time you get into the car and switch it off again when you get out. I forget to switch it on quite often then end up having to stop during my journey if a call comes through. The battery life is good and the audio quality is adequate, it does work so long as it's been switched on;-)

It takes about three attempts - i.e. three bleeps where you have to manually confirm by pressing yes on your phone - to connect to the phone before it's happy, which is a bit of a pain if you're in a hurry to get going.

I spent ages trying to get the device to accept a voice recognition name for my key contacts - ended up having to put a number in front of the name before it was accepted, but that does mean I can now press the button twice, speak the contact name and it automatically dials the number, which is quite neat and useful on the move.

However, this device can only upload the phone directory from newer phones - older models just connect, which means you can't use the voice control with older models.

When I next change my car I'm going to look for one with a phone cradle already installed, or allow enough in hand to have one fitted, as I found that so much simpler and more convenient plus gave superior audio quality.
on 18 July 2010
I saw this item being used in someone's car and when speaking to them they gave me a demo i thought i must get one so i took the plunge and it was worth it with a range of attachments to secure to your car dash or windscreen it is the perfect bluetooth device no wires showing and battery last for 30 hours or so and recharges from your nokia house charger the smaller connection one but it also comes with a car charger for those longer than 30 hours drive,the price is slightly high but then the quality of the product is also.again it's cheaper than fitting a wired car kit so all you have to do is stick and go you can even transfer your entire phone book so when your phone rings you know who's calling you without looking at your phone.no problems hear.
on 31 August 2014
Works really well even over engine noise. Easy to connect once paired. Numbers appear on the screen (name will appear once paired with contacts on phone) Small enough to fit anywhere