1,795 Reviews
 (1,165)

1,587 of 1,601 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars To sleep, perchance to dream... THIS WORKS!
This product totally works, my son is only 22 mths old, but 5 days later it had completely changed his waking times from 4am to 6am! And 9 days in, he's now consistently waking up between 6.15 - 6.30am. Below is how I did it -

My 22 mth old son has always been a bit of a challenging sleeper, but recently it was just getting ridiculous. 4am starts told me that...
Published on 9 Nov 2010 by Phoz

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money
So disappointed with this clock. We were sure our daughter would respond well to sleep training and had prepared her for having her own clock. She was really excited when the first clock arrived but it didn't work at all so we asked for a replacement. The second clock switched on but the night time stars screen went out during the night and the sun didn't appear in the...
Published 5 days ago by JG

‹ Previous | 1136 137 138180 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Gro clock, 27 Feb 2011
This review is from: Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer (Baby Product)
Fantastic product. Has given me back my sanity. My 3 yr old son loves it and now sleeps until the sun comes up every morning. After the first week set at 7am we then moved the time back gradually to 7.30 which was unheard of before! We had only one episode of trying to get up too early, we told him if he wasnt going to use the clock properly we might as well take it away. This was enough to ensure he didnt do it again as he loves the clock and thinks it is a very grown up thing to have. It is well made, simple to use and kids will love being winked at by the sun each night.

5.0 out of 5 stars thank you for sleep and sanity, 26 Feb 2011
This review is from: Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer (Baby Product)
We bought this for our daughter when she was 3 years old and getting up at silly o'clock and would not settle back into bed. As soon as we bought this and set the 'sun up' time 99% of the time she will stay in bed until this time (or later if we are lucky). She is now almost 5 and she still proudly comes and tells us each morning that she has stayed in bed until the sun has come up. The stars make it easy to understand if she wakes in the night and there are stars still on the display then it is not time to get up yet. This is especially useful in the summer when it obviously gets lighter earlier. The night light function can be a bit bright and ours is set on the lowest and is plenty bright enough for our daughter. You need to be able to get the child to understand the ideas about the stars, but otherwise, a fantastic idea. Planning on getting one for my younger child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gro-clock sleep trainer, 26 Feb 2011
C. R. Oebel (Staffordshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer (Baby Product)
Although there was an initial problem with this item I contacted the seller and it was sorted and a new clock with me within 24 hours - brilliant - no quibble. The item itself is BRILLIANT. My 3 year old grandaughter was not sleeping through, but constantly getting up and having to be put back to bed (or slipping in with her parents) every night. From the first night of using this clock she stayed in bed - much to her parents amazement. Even if she was awake she would wait 'for the sun to get up' and even said it had got up too early one morning!! She LOVES her clock and so do her parents. It would be good if it had a battery back-up, but a nights sleep is all that matters! Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the transition from cot to bed, 24 Feb 2011
JimmyO (South West, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer (Baby Product)
We started using this clock a few days before we changed our cot bed from cot to bed (no more bars). We knew that our daughter would be able to get out of the bed (with the smaller bed guard on).

She'd been very good, happy to sing and play from 7.30am onwards but we knew that there was a chance she'd start to get out and wander if she could.

The clock is a great way to introduce the concept of time. You can effectively set 2 different alarm times (one can be used for day time nap, or with older children you can set it as a slightly later weekend wake up time). The only downside is you have to set the alarm every night (it's a very simple process, so not a major minus).

Our 2.5 year old is quite good with numbers and counting. So we've also explained that if there are lots of little stars around the outside of the clock, it's "really, really night time" but if it's only one or two, it's getting closer to "sunshine".

What we experience now, is a really content little girl, who's happy to play and amuse herself. She know's to stay in bed and only call for mummy or daddy when "sunshine" is up. Then, proud as punch she gets out of bed herself when we come into her bedroom.

The Gro-Clock is a really useful tool and a great introduction to the concept of a clock. Even with lighter mornings, our little one is happy to stay put in bed. She may be a little confused by it not being dark, but she broadly gets the concept that the stars/ blue = sleep time and the sunshine/ yellow = get up.

A great product that's made our life easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpfull., 24 Feb 2011
This review is from: Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer (Baby Product)
This clock has been very good in helping our 2 year old lay in a bit longer in the morning. The clock is simple to use and the big sun or star screens are easy for our son to understand. The little book that comes with the clock is lovely and really helps with getting across the message.

3.0 out of 5 stars 2weeks in and still struggling......., 20 Feb 2011
This review is from: Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer (Baby Product)
Lovely product and great nightlight.However the instructions aren't that easy to follow. We have had our little girl calling out in the middle of the night to say the moon has gone and it's just got the time on it. Easy to fix but not sure why its happening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for toddlers, 20 Feb 2011
This review is from: Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer (Baby Product)
I bought this clock for my little boy who was about to turn 2 and it came very quickly. He'd always been a bad sleeper and we'd done various sleep training methods which had worked but he always woke before 6. The clock is so simple for young children to understand with just a sun for day and a star for night so once we showed him and every night we show him the star is up and sun has gone to bed and he seems to understand so now wakes at gone 7am every morning. There is a little story book that goes with the clock. I found the time quite hard to set on the clock but my husband had no problems! It runs of mains with no battery option so we had to move a few items of furniture round to put it in a place where he could see the face. Great item.

4.0 out of 5 stars It does work !, 15 Feb 2011
This review is from: Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer (Baby Product)
This is a good product and I bought it when I moved my 2 year old from her cot to a bed as she kept getting out in the night / early morning. After a couple of days it did work and she gets the idea ! Although I still needed to reinforce the fact that she should still be in bed. I personally found the story a bit complicated but overall it is a good product and I would recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Never though it would work either.. but it did!!..., 15 Feb 2011
This review is from: Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer (Baby Product)
After my 3 year old was waking ever morning at 5am, making him & us very tired, and trying all the other options we thought possible.. not going to be too early, warm baths, waking an hour before normal waking!! etc etc.. I looked into the option of the clocks.. Read the reviews of this & decided we were at the point where we'd try anything, more for getting him to have a good quality during the day rather than always being so tired.. and we'd be happy with 6am!!... So, clock arrived, placed in my own room for 1st night and set at 6am as wanted to check it worked.. my son woke at his usual so I brought him into our bed to show him the clock.. well, we had an hour of asking when is the sun going to come up.. I thought this is going to be a nightmare, but then realised actually he did need to understand it, so best to get it out of the way!! So next night it went in his room, had to have it on the number 1 light setting as others still too bright and have a child who needs to sleep in a dark room.. he woke at 3am and got very upset when I had to go in and turn the moon light off.. at this point I was ready to throw the clock!!.. However, we continued and what I now do is set the clock at bedtime with the light at number 1, then before we go to bed (& without him knowing) I go in and switch the light to off, he then wakes with the clock now set at 6.50am and I have to say it does work.. he even sleeps through the sun waking if he really needs too!!.. Only problem we ever have now is when I forget to turn the light off before bed.. but would definitely say, I was a doubter but now can't go anywhere without it!!..

3.0 out of 5 stars ok when it worked!!, 11 Feb 2011
This review is from: Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer (Baby Product)
i purchased this clock for my daughter when it worked it was fab a little tricky to master at the start! after a few days it kept switching itself off or jumping from night to day, when our daughter was asleep we would check the clock to find it had changed from the stars to the sun not so good if she woke up at 3am to see the sun!!!
we returned the clock and got our money back, have just purchased the pink globetrotter clock so will see how that one works!!

‹ Previous | 1136 137 138180 | Next ›