4.3 out of 5 stars3,231

Showing 1-10 of 251 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on 23 June 2016
A great idea. It's basically an alarm clock. The screen displays the time. At bed time set it to sleep, the screen will display a star who closes his eyes. Several smaller star appear around the circumference, one disappears every hour, counting down to sun rise & wake up time. At the designated waking time the star turns into a sun with a bright yellow screen. Your child knows they can get out of bed. The accompanying book is a good story too. The only down side is the setting, it's not very intuitive so keep the instruction book.
on 1 October 2012
The concept is fantastic and I have recommended the product to lots of friends. It is a simple but ingenious idea and keeps my 3 year old (who was previously a terrible sleeper) in bed "until the sun comes up". She says "night night" to the sun image each night when we set it and the star appears. She then stays in bed until the star changes to a sun at 7am the next morning (or whatever time you set it for). Why only 3 stars then? The clock loses at least a couple of minutes each week so I eventually have to reset the time (which is becoming a real nuisance). Ideally I would like to return the clock for a replacement which keeps better time, but I don't want to risk upsetting my daughter's routine by leaving her without the clock for however long it would take to receive the replacement. If it kept to the correct time I would give this product 5 stars, perhaps the one I received was a slightly defective one? It would be interesting to know. The little story book which comes with it is lovely.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 March 2011
As a harrased father of a 2 year old who had been getting up at 0430 everyday i found this clock on the site.Having read the amazing reviews plus the feedback from the seller i ordered this last month.Does this work? YES. It was a tad difficultto explain to a kid; is it sunrise yet?..go back to bed..(mine sleeps without a fuss/clock no clock),the getting up is a issue;but miraculously he did stop getting up very early. now it is around 6.
well in the last month he stopped caring about the sun peeking out but he understood the concept and i suppose not sleeping till seven was more a case of him being stubborn than the clocks fault.
Anyway for the past week now the clock's light has stopped working at night.it does the moon coming out and the stars then....darkness..not sure what is happening.
i have looked up the controls but same thing again..which is a shame as the clock isnt the cheapest thing..
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 August 2013
Bought this on a recommendation as our son just loves to rise with the sun - winter or summer. Tired of the 06:00am Sunday visits we bought this item.

The clock is sturdy, looks nice and setting the time and switching on was easy. However, there are a couple of issues;

1) The instructions are not overly clear - mainly because the design is not intuitive. You do not have a night and day time, just a wake up time so you have to manually set the clock off each night;
2) If your kids go bed early after a busy day the clock simply will not 'wake-up' as the maximum sleep time is 12 hours - normally this is plenty, but is not very flexible;
3) Sadly, it did not achieve the desired result. Our son has waited in for the 'sunrise' just once since using. Perhaps he is just a early bird and always will be - the truth of that will be revealed when he starts school!
on 22 April 2016
Having seen these at friends homes, I decided to give one a go to keep our son in bed a little longer in the mornings. We set it for 7am and do far it has worked a treat.
However, it lacks several functions which I assumed it would have. I know, my fault I should have done my homework better. These are as follows to help you make your purchase decision.
There is no function to set a time for the sun to go down, every night you must do this manually. There is no lock function, so if your child can press the buttons, I they can inadvertently change times etc. Finally there is no option to use this as an actual clock, apart from the digital clock. It would be nice if you could have the numbers and hands instead of a series of disappearing stars. My son is obsessed with routine, numbers clocks etc and this would have been excellent. And it is advertised as a 'clock' after all.
on 23 September 2015
It is a good product but my daughter keeps pulling the power out. It she wakes up before the sun has come up she'll just pull the cord out and say it's broken! I then have to reset the time, which is not the easiest thing to do. Such a shame it doesn't come with the option of batteries too!
on 8 May 2013
This clock was purchased for our Autistic son to try and give him indication of time to sleep and when it's time to be awake. He cannot tell time so this looked a great way for him to have a visual prompt. However the problem we had was the clock after 1-2 hrs times out from the wake up yellow screen and reverts back to a Time only screen, but the problem is the time screen is blue so our son thinks its a night/sleep screen.

Just be aware if your children may have a similar problem, other then this the clock worked great and it's a shame we could not use it. We contacted the manufacture who told us it's a design feature to save power and cannot be changed.
We contacted Amazon who have agreed to refund in full on return of the product so we are happy, big thanks to Amazon as we had purchased two clocks one for his home and one for his residential bedroom
on 10 December 2013
I have found that with a bit of practice, this clock has worked well at stopping our 3 year old waking us up at an ungodly hour. Simple for them to interpret, she knows that she mustn't wake us until the sun comes up. Like the idea of the stars slowly disappearing to give the child a sense of how long it will be until the sun comes up.

However I would have liked to see perhaps a clock or digits available on the face for when child gets older, it only seems to show the time when the face isn't lit up as the alarm isn't in action. Maybe it's just me, but I also find it slightly fiddly to change the times or settings on the clock, but I suppose this has the advantage of being childproof. Also the clock is quite bright in the night, although you can adust the brightness I still find it a little bit bright for me, but doesn't seem to bother my daughter.
on 2 February 2014
I like the idea of this clock, and although I bought it quite early on (my son is only 9 months old), my little one still loves seeing the sun say goodnight and watching it re-appear in the morning.

However, perhaps it's because I tried to use it quickly while in a sleep-deprived state, but I find it hard to remember what the icons mean, and they're not very intuitive ... I seem to spend a lot of time at bedtime poking buttons to little effect. (Yes, I know I need to go back and read the instructions with the clock in my hand. And I will. Just as soon as I remember to whizz it out of the room BEFORE I put baby to sleep. Sometime in 2025.)

As other people have said, it would be great if there were a battery-powered option: I can't be the only one who's nipper is obsessed with yanking on every cable they can find.
on 14 October 2014
I should have read through the reviews properly. Although it looks great and the transition of the star and sun are good, there are disappointing flaws in my mind as follows:

The sun doesn't stay on all day, it defaults to a blue screen with the time showing. This is very confusing for the my 2 year old as he pointed to it and said "sleep!" During the day.
You cannot set it to be fully automated - at bedtime you have to force the sun to turn to the star by pressing a button. I would have expected to have a choice.
There are only 3 buttons and programming is very dated. They should have a menu button and arrow keys to scroll through the options, and off course an 'ok' button to select something.

We are using it as it does work, but could be a better designed from a usability point of view.