5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase!!! Wish I had known about it earlier!
Published 6 months ago by Claire Ashworth

2.0 out of 5 stars Stephen Hawking would struggle to set it
The theory is good but the menu and way you set it is simply awful, it makes what should be an easy task a nightmare with constant turning it off and on. Great idea but feels antediluvian.
Published 8 months ago by the chimp

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase!!! Wish I had known about it earlier!, 28 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer (Baby Product)
My 3 year old has not woken us up in the middle of the night since we got it. (Had it about 2 months) If she wakes up now she knows it's not morning time and settles herself back to sleep without shouting for me and crying. She has also always been an early riser (5am ish) I set the clock for 6 and she has slept through every night. Wish I had purchased this a long time ago! I will now be moving it forwards by 15 mins or so every couple of weeks. I also used a reward chart and stickers which I purchased from Amazon which I think is a big factor in the success as each morning she comes running in my bedroom shouting 'the clock is yellow I have won a sticker' great purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Great childrens alarm clock, 31 May 2014
This review is from: Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer (Baby Product)
Great clock. Setting can be bit tricky to start with but soon got hang of it. Dimmer is amazing as it can be very bright. Lovely story book too. We love this clock.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun way of keeping your child in their bed, 11 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer (Baby Product)
My daughter is soon to be 3 years old and I am using the Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer for about a half a year.

Why did I need it? Well my precious princess always got up way too early.
0-1 years: It took her a year before she slept through the night
1-2,5 years: She got up around 5 am. Way too early for me and my wife. this slowly evolved to 6PM
2,5 -3 years: Start of use the Gro Clock Sleep Trainer.

So I bought this clock because I liked the design and concept. I live in Belgium so I had to buy an adapter to use the UK-plug but it works perfectly. Why do I like about this clock?
1. The representation of the stars and sun is how it is in real life, so I like the fact they use this instead of closing and opening eyes of some animal that you see with a lot of the sleep clocks.

2. The fact that the stars start disappearing during the night like a countdown. If your child does wake up, it understands that it has to sleep because the sun isn't up AND it can see that it will take so many stars before they can get up. This takes a while to understand but it if they wake up around 5AM and see that there only 2 stars remaining (to get up at 7 AM) it is reassuring and motivates.

3. It's fun. Every night we say goodbye to the sun and welcome the stars. Every evening she says: 'I have to wait until the sun gets up'. And the next morning she is so proud that she stayed in her bed until the sun was up.

4. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't work immediately. It takes time and explain the concept until they get it. We had a setback recently with new year's eve and all of the fireworks kept our girl up. She was really afraid of all noises and we had to stay in the neighbourhood until she fell asleep. It has taken more than a month to get her back in her sleeping rhythm. We even added a reward system where she can gets a sticker and a gummy bear when she goes to sleep without whining and stays In her bed during the night until the sun appears. Patience is a (hard) virtue. Children aren't robots. You can not program them but you can stimulate them so it becomes a fun process.

5. Remember that you are not alone. Ofcourse you know lots of people whose children all go to bed without issues and sleep all night every day. The lucky bastards are spoilt but at the same time there are tons of parents who face the same sleeping issues with their children. It is not abnormal.

6. It's a phase. A known showstopper you get tired of hearing. Oh it is just a phase. It will pass and they will sleep better but In the meantime you are up every night. But it is true and after time passes you forget those horrible nights anyway.

7. Go to bed at a reasonable hour. When your child has a lot of trouble sleeping, don't go too bed at 11.30 PM. Go to bed at 10PM and you can cope better with difficult sleeping issues and with each other. This one I learned the hard way after my wife was tired of getting up every night and me not hearing a thing. Do it together and don't rely on your partner to do all the heavy lifting

In conclusion. This is a great product and it works but it takes time, patience and effort to implement. Be sure to have a sleeping routine so your child knows when it has to go to sleep. Let it go to sleep at the same time every night. Consistency is key. Don't let them watch tv, pc, gaming consoles and tablets before sleeping time. The screens influence the production of sleeping hormones and decrease it so that they're not sleepy. Keep it fun, read a story and say goodnight to the sun.

Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars what a purchase, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer (Baby Product)
Bought this as 3 yr old daughter wouldn't stay in bed all night.
She slept right thru the nite and every nite since buying clock
A month ago. Would highly recommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer (Baby Product)
Really good, takes several nights for the babies to get the hang of it. But a great idea, I would recommend this

5.0 out of 5 stars Every home needs one of these, 8 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer (Baby Product)
Wish I would have got one years ago .... Worked instantly , simply visual , after 2 years of now 5 year up in in our bedroom , enough was enough I followed my friends advice and purchased one of these clocks ... Best money ever spent , worked overnight ... Very visual and a godsend ...

5.0 out of 5 stars A saviour, 25 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer (Baby Product)
My daughters are 5 and 3 and with the brighter mornings have been waking earlier and earlier. Cue me tearing my hair out and not functioning very well from lack of sleep. Anyway after an extensive search for a miracle/foster home (joke!) I came across this clock. I was sceptical but willing to try anything so I forked out the cash and awaited its arrival. I explained to the children what it was for and how it works and sent them to bed at the usual time hoping it would work. Low and behold it was perfect. They woke at the programmed time and have done ever since. I think it has helped that my children are a little older and so can have the clock explained to them and for them to understand a little better that a younger child though.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works for us & story is super cute, 5 Aug. 2014
Mrs. S. E. Hargreaves (Perth, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer (Baby Product)
Quite like these clocks. My 6 years old and 3 year old have them for the purpose of preventing early morning visits. (Most of the time it works) The clock will grow with my children eventually just becoming a normal digital clock. My 3 year old loves the fact the Sun winks at her as it goes to bed and then the Star comes out. Overall it's great although I did find the actual set up functions a bit confusing. Maybe it's the way my brain works but it's not intuitive to me. I had to keep the instruction booklet on hand for quite a while until it had all sunk in. The story that comes with it is super cute, both my children really enjoyed it. I've had one of these clocks since my oldest was 2 years and bought a second for my daughter on return to the UK (we lived abroad for the last 4 years)

5.0 out of 5 stars This clock is a lifesaver, 27 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer (Baby Product)
We have a very active little lady that just turned 3 and was constantly getting up in the middle of the night as well as early in the morning to come into our room, leaving her and us both exhausted. We wanted to reclaim our bed and make sure everyone got enough sleep. Within a few days of using the clock, she is sleeping through the night (possibly wakes up but sees the stars are still on, so falls back asleep) and stays in her room until 'the sunshine comes up' in the morning. Cheeky girl did figure out how to make the sun come up though, so the key lock is essential! She wasn't too interested in the book that came with it, but we just talked about the clock a lot and she understood the concept easily. Easy to set, easy to use. Highly, highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile investment; well-made, helpful and cute; small programming issues are sole complaint, 22 July 2014
This review is from: Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer (Baby Product)
A great invention and it works well, clever that the colors change as well as the "sun mode" changes to "star mode" -- this makes it very obvious when it is day or night to all parties. My son loves to "press the button to make the sun go to sleep" before he does, at night. Sole complaint: it is not obvious the system of buttons that brings you to the screen you want. Every night it is a three-button process to switch it to night mode -- seems like it should be simpler. And it is necessary to read the instructions to understand all icons, as they also are not self-explanatory. Other than these minor issues, the clock was completely worth it and is a nightly help to getting your kid to staying in bed!

Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer