on 23 May 2013
Like another reviewer the pen I received via Amazon from Tudor Office Supplies is not the one listed. Not only is the pen I received totally different to the picture now showing on the listing but it is also far too thick to be described as "Fine" as printed on the pen. The listing says the pen is "Ideal for writing on plastic plant labels" which is what I bought it for but for this purpose it is useless. A return has been arranged but Tudor Office Supplies have supplied a label requiring postage. Having supplied an item which is not as advertised and not fit for purpose I would expect the supplier to pay the return postage.

Like previous reviewer I now to go to the Post Office to return this item (at my expense apparently) and then purchase another from a different supplier. All a bit of a faff for a pen.

Not quite satisfactory.
on 17 July 2014
Not sure about this - not quite what I expected but, at the price, certainly not worth complaining. I had expected 'fine' to be finer than this but perhaps that is my interpretation. A key feature will be whether or not this remains clearly visible on the plastic markers but only time will tell (many standard markers wash off in a season). I notice that neither the pen, nor the immediate pack, actually states this to be for garden use (it just looks like any other pen I could have bought from my local stationery shop) but, of course, that dos not necessarily mean that it is not a garden marker.

I'm trying to be fair to this product. I've no reason to think that it will not be fine but, as stated above, it was not quite what I expected.
on 7 December 2012
This pen does exactly what it says, very waterproof, had plants outside with a name label, and it is still very readable.
on 15 July 2013
Good pen, writes well on the plant lebel surface. I did think though that it would be a finer tip and wish it had been as plant lables are fairly small but plant names are very long so fitting in the full name is a struggle. Had the pen had a finer tip I would have had no hesitation in giving it five instead of four stars.
on 16 May 2013
The pen I received is not the one advertised (it has now been added as a secondary picture on the listing). It is way too thick to be of much use for standard plant labels and is slow to dry so smudges easily. Essentially useless. Disappointing so will have to buy again elsewhere. (This was bought through Amazon from Tudor Office Supplies - returned item and slow to refund and then didn't refund return postage, so their error cost me money!)

Subsequently I repurchased from the same listing but used Red House Direct. The correct item was supplied very quickly. A far superior pen, finer nib and works very well and far better supplier.
on 11 April 2013
The pen arrived in good time and was as I expected. Of course with a pen that claims waterproofness and lightproofness I must wait a full gardening season before I can make an informed judgement, but so far so good.What I hope is that there will be no fading and consequent muddling of my seedling plants.
on 7 March 2014
This pen nib is far too thick to write on plant labels, i will find another use for it, but disappointed
on 11 June 2014
The main reason why I bought this was because I had tried and failed finding a pen that could cover up the occasional small scratch that you acquire in black bicycle components - there are specialized pens for the purpose, but I had tried them all and non of them really worked and most left a result which looked worse than the scratch you had tried to cover up - worst still non were waterproof and so one bike ride in the rain and you needn't have bothered.

I don't know how good this pen is at marking plant labels, but if it is anything like the pens my father used when I was a lad then it will last for years and years and years - covering up the minor scratches you get in black bicycle components is a job it works brilliantly at - the result looks first class, in fact you can hardy tell you used it and it doesn't wash off in the rain or even with pretty vigorous hand washing after a long muddy mountain bike session - top class and well pleased I bought it.
on 9 March 2013
Just the job , Perfect for plant labeling a must in the garden shed wouldn't be without it write clearly
on 1 December 2013
FINALLY a pen which doesnt run or fade. It has a thick tip though...bit tricky if you wish to write the whole name...great for shorties and I really recommend. This is the first pen which has survived a cold wet Edinburgh winter. . . and I can
still read come Spring. Recommend.