5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Product - Enjoyed by child and adult alike.
I purchased this item for my 2 year old who is too large for a traditional rear carrier and not quite old enough for a tag-along. The product is well made and my son seems very happy on it - in fact in the 2 days since fitting it I have had to go on 5 bike rides as he enjoys it so much.

Positioned on the cross-bar between you and the handlebars the balance of...
Published on 5 Oct 2009 by James Longworth

3.0 out of 5 stars Leco child seat
This is a basic low-tech product that does it's job nicely. My child loves riding on it for the short journey to school and it leaves space on the bike for another (standard) child seat at the back. So I can carry 2 children with ease. The advantage of this product over the trailer (that I used to use) is that I can go all the places a normal bike does - whereas the...
Published on 7 Dec 2010 by DH Cambridge

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied but just about!, 12 Oct 2011
This review is from: Generic Men's Lecco MTB Top Tube Mounted Child Seat (Sports)
I bought this the week before last. While I do really like it and it has worked sort of, I have a few issues with it.
Firstly you need four hands to fit it but thankfully with help that can be overcome. The major problem I have is that my Raleigh bike has an oval frame and the mounting pieces are not big enough to fit round the frame. As a result when I put it on first I had not tightened it enough and on our first trip the foot rest fell down and my daughter ended up having to hold it with her knees so we could get home. When I got my husband to put it back and and tighten it, because the mounting was not big enough it started to bend. We tightened it as best we could but when I took it out again it has come loose a second time. I have just spent another 20 mins trying again and will be testing it out this afternoon but am not hopeful. The saddle fitted better because the cross bar was not oval but it would be nice to have the foot rest working too. The concept of the product is good but the parts for fitting are poor. I guess with so many bikes its hard to fit all of them. However if you have an oval frame on the larger side I would bear in mind that the foot rest may not work for you.

2.0 out of 5 stars cheap parts, 11 Sep 2011
the screws are the cheapest I've ever used, if you don't get it to thread it correctly the first go, it's game over. If you manage to get it on, it's a great idea and very handy to carry your child.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does work loose., 14 Sep 2014
My 4 yr old daughter loves it, however I have had to tighten it twice since using it over the last 4 weeks. I do have to use it everyday so it's had quite a lot of use in that time. Otherwise does the trick and not a bad price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids Cross Bar Bike Seat, 12 July 2011
fantastic - my little man loves it - the only thing to think of is the shape and size of the tubes of the bike you are going to fit it to. Mine are slightly oblong shaped and it's made it a little tricky - I'll possibly have to aquire longer bolts to make it 100% but am currently happy with how it fits and again to highlight my original point little boy loves it. Its great sturdy quality. Thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Moves slightly on crossbar but still unbeatable lightweight seat, 16 May 2011
Anted (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
Use this with my 3.5yr old and 2.5yr old daughters. We don't go far but it is wonderful to cycle whilst having them chatting in my ear. So much better than a trailer or rear seat. Proper 'dad and daughter' time. I have to get on first then lift them on; they hold onto the top part of my racer handlebars; might not work as well with funny-shaped handlebars. Seat moves slightly on crossbar; I plan to re-fit it using a sliver of non-slip mat bought to go in my car boot from Halfords.
**update**crossbar dented slightly at front end of clip due to weight of child when leaning forward to hold on to handlebars. Overcome this by wrapping sliver of non-slip car boot mat around the crossbar first. Now v firm...but fixing bolts require frequent lubrication as they are now rusting after one winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars bike seat, 9 Jan 2010
This was just what our daughter needed to transport our grandaughter around on her bike.

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 22 Sep 2012
didn't buy from amazon but have been using it for 4 years - since my son was 14 months old - he's 5 now and we go to and from school along country lanes and make quite a few journeys - the longest we have done together is about 5 miles. I can see him, control his wiggling, talk to him. being in the centre of the bike he can't affect the centre of gravity much. You do have to ride with your legs slightly wider apart than normal but that's not really a big deal - mine's is a girl's bike shape so foot rest not so good I guess they could rethink their design there - it's only become important since his legs got long enough to get trapped in the front wheel - previously he could just let his legs dangle - now he's a little crushed up - I think we'll have to bite the bullet and move up to a tag along next summer (but I have a 1:8 hill carrying his 3 stone is hard enough without the additional weight of a child's bike which is why I've been prevaricating)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for my 3 year old no more waiting on ..., 31 July 2014
Fantastic for my 3 year old no more waiting on him to catch up when going for a family cycle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 7 Aug 2014
C. Anderson (UK) - See all my reviews
Great item and we'll worth the money, very happy father and child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 18 July 2014
Excellent product. Easy to fit. Comfortable for the child.

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 | Next ›