on 6 December 2009
My 4 year old loves the daily challenge of carrying our (real) cat around, so I thought the appeal of this for her birthday would 'help'!!

LuLu is a life size motorised cat, and my daughter loves it. She carries it about, carries it to bed, and is rewarded with miaows, purrs and movement. She loves it, and really thats all that counts.

But I'm not convcinced though - it is hard bodied, has a noisy motor so you hear all the whirring and moving, and is limited in its moves and interactivity. The fur is also not as soft as it could be. I find it annoying actually, and think for the price tag, there could be a lot more to it.
VINE VOICEon 13 November 2009
I bought this for my daughter's 8th birthday as she'd seen it advertised and pester power won! This toy is much better than having a real cat but hasn't held her interest very well. It seems to get played with for only a few minutes a day and then left on a chair. This cat is very hard and therefore not cuddly or suitable for carrying around which young children want to do with their animals. It is quite realistic with the way it purrs and responds to touch but is expensive for how much it is played with.
on 23 October 2012
I think that this oty is best suited to a 6+ child, unless you want to constantly monitor how it is played with.

My daughter is nearly 4 (6 weeks away) and I brought this for her last birthday, and I let her with it for 10 minutes and she managed to do something to the back leg. I brought another and this time only got out when I could ensure that I could watch her with it constantly.

She does love this cat, it meows and rolls over and licks its paws. It really does behave like a real pet. I am disappointed that it can not be played with anything other than supervised control, but saying that I don't find this too bad now that she is a little older.

I would, in hindsight, not have brought this at such a young age and perhaps should have waited for at least another year or two and then it would be a different story altogether.

I comparison to the Toffee Pony, this is fragile, but it is more interactive/sensitive.

I like it, but don't love it.
on 15 November 2010
We bought this for our four year old and although she plays with it infrequently it did give her some joy particularly the first few weeks. It would have been better if it kept a child's interest better but we did find that our 18 month old has had more use out of this toy. Nonetheless this toy is very hard and therefore not cuddly or suitable for carrying around which young children want to do with their animals. It is quite realistic with the way it purrs and responds to touch. The fur is also rough, unlike any cats I have ever known. The mechanics are fairly loud, which doesn't seem to bother our younger child but does not help with life-like claims. On the positive side, it is useful for emotional intelligence I guess. All in all, I would be happy to buy this toy for £20-25 but at £45 it's simply not worth it.
on 29 September 2013
I gave this to my wife for 79th birthday. She has bad Alzheimers disease. Since then she has hardly put it down; almost thinks it realShe says it is the best present she has ever had. Calls it Cinders after anothe ginger cat we owned.
on 1 July 2014
I bought this for my grandma who sadly has Alzheimer's disease so can't have a pet of her own, after reading some of the other reviews (and because I couldn't afford a paro - Google it). She loved it and spent the whole day stroking it on her lap and interacting with it. Her smile was priceless. If you have a relative with Alzheimer's or a similar disease I would really recommend it as its very interactive, comforting and sweet. My only criticism would be its fur is quit e tough, would be improved if it was softer, but a great buy none the less!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 September 2012
I bought Lulu for my daughter who has nagged me for years for a cat (a real one) and I thought it was a quite a good substitute. She loves it but I guess it is me who was expecting to see more of a ''real cat''. The range of movement is quite limited. Just licking its paws and roll over. There are times where Lulu rolls over but cannot roll back. We have to use the Off button and turn On again. OK a lot of purring. The body is quite sturdy though. But I was expecting that cat to close its eyes too when purring or sleeping but no. So, disappointed in relation of value for money.
I am not discouraging anyone to buy this toy, if one has the money. The smile on your child is more precious than a few pounds. And do not forget that I view the toy with my adult eyes. If I was a 9 year old, I am sure I would be thrilled.
But guess what? my daughter wants a (real) rabbit now... but no way (I know perfectly who will end up cleaning the cage). I will check the rabbit in the FurReal pets. But not just now. Needs to save up first **smiles**

edited to correct typos.
on 25 September 2010
I bought this toy for my daughter for Christmas 2009. At the time, she was two, and when she opened the box on Christmas day, she was a little bit nervous about the cat, as it is very lifelike. Unfortunately, it does make a very prominent robotic noise when moving and rolling onto it's back and my daughter hated this. However, as she got more used to it, she stopped noticing the noise and now Lulu is played with every day. She gets dressed up with various hair accessories and has her fur brushed, is fed pretend food and drink, and is generally much loved. After a shaky start, Lulu has become like one of the family :). I posted a photo of Lulu dressed up on a social networking site and everyone thought it was a real cat! Well worth the money, a brilliant little toy.
on 17 November 2010
I opened the parcel this morning, at which point the cat started moving and purring. Its quite cute to look at but the mechanics are quite loud.

Personally I think its a waste of money, rough fur, hard body, wirey legs - it just doesn't appeal, but this was top of my 6 year old daughter's Christmas list and she just didn't want anything else.

I hope she will play with it because its a lot of money for something I really don't think is worth it (I knew it wasn't worth it before buying it)

I've given it a 3 star rating overall, because although I don't like it, I'm sure my daughter will be happy come Christmas Day.
on 11 May 2012
I brought this for my daughter at Christmas, and its now mid May and she still plays with it daily, I was expecting a leg to get broken but LouLou is till in pretty good nick even though she is brushes and petted every evening.

My little girl takes LouLou to sleep overs at her grandparents she has taken her to school and the toy has been well played with and is still in very good condition. I would highly recommend this toy to anyone who has a girl or is stuck if they haven't a clue what to buy. I just wish LouLou was about when I was a kid!!

See one answered question