TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 8 October 2009
Played on windows vista64.

Order of War(oow) is basically a very poor mans Company Of Heroes or Men of War. Although, as i type that, i am not sure OOW has the right to be mentoined in the same breath as those games, infact i know its not, but it just gives you an example of what this game is trying to be, but just doesnt cut the mustard.

Basically, this is a cut down, no brainer RTS game, that builds up your expectations of it just being in the same genre as the games mentioned above. But only to slap you down with God awful voice acting, and an arcade style combat that gives you no connection to the units you are throwing to their death. Graphicaly it isnt too bad, the detail on the tanks is nice, but the terrain is a bit bare, and the maps pretty small. Normally I would had given this 2 stars overall, but the cinematic camara in the game, which i liked allot, as you can watch in real time, a film like presentation of your units figting. With tanks firing, guns loading etc.. and this is the sole reason i am bumping it to 3 stars.

Its an OK game overall imo, for a bit of quick brainless fun. But i wouldnt buy this if you are expecting the deep , rich , RTS quality of Company of Heroes or Men of War. It's Ok.
on 27 September 2009
Had great hopes for this ,but had many problems getting it to work on Vista,I had the minimum specs,but was slow,graphics looked good,but game crashed several times,also the Steam connection was a problem,I received an update for the programme,but I could not get the programme to work after it installed,I have given up and removed this from my PC,maybe others will have better luck?
Also had problems uninstalling.
on 25 September 2009
I was looking forward to playing this game based on the product description, previews and screenshots. However, within the first 30mins of playing I gave up due to the arcade style. I tried to go back on several occasions, but no, I can not stand this game after less than a week. It was the disappointment the drove me to write this review. Like me, if you enjoy strategy games with at least a some depth in terms of tactics, weapon systems and progression, you might NOT enjoy this game. A positive - the graphics are impressive. Could of been a great game.
on 20 March 2014
Doesn't say that you constantly need to be online, which is an annoying thing for me, so it lies unopened in front of my computer. Oh well Company of heroes is better anyway
on 13 October 2009
I am a big fan of men of war and the first company of heroes, so I was hoping this game would be as good. initially I was very disappointed and thought I'd wasted my money, as the first few campaigns were colour by numbers but as the game progressed it really began to grow on me. its basic game play I admit compered to other games of this genre but it has great graphics and it is very absorbing with some really great battles. I am now playing it through again as I enjoyed it so much.
on 19 September 2009
Having seen the trailers for this game it was monkey see monkey want. It was also a hard lesson in marketing.

First things first, the user interface is certainly friendly - so friendly that you're not really even needed for this game to progress you're just meant to watch the pretty battle unfold. To help you do this the largest button on the screen is the action camera where you get cinematics of the battle (you know, the one you're supposed to be commanding!)This is a strategy game in the broadest sense, just amass some tanks and infantry, point them towards the enemy and let rip. Rinse and repeat etc.

History Channel? I'm no historian but I'm pretty sure ten Shermans wouldn't wipe out six Tigers and a squad of unsupported infantry in an open field wouldn't last long (never mind wipe out) said Tiger tanks either. I guess those WW2 documentaries aren't going to help me with conducting battle here!

This is a fair stab of what a strategy game would be like if they had such things in a shopping mall arcade and I'm unsure who the target audience is. History buffs and strategy nuts aren't going to like this game much. Perhaps there's a market for kindergarten gamers looking for a lightweight blast?
on 7 April 2011
the only real strategy games I had ever played were age of empires and rise of nations and I must say compared to them it was so much better.
The graphics are amazing and you don't need a really good graphics card to play it, I only have a 128mb graphics card and a 2.2 duo processor and the game ran like a dream with options depending on how powerful your machine is.
This game is just great, with lots of options and unlike anything I have ever played before. It also has a cinematic viewer which I really love (optional) which means when your bored you switch to this camera and it picks the shots from the game for you and turns them into movie of your battle for you!
The only reason I gave this game 4 stars was the fact there are no upgrades and you can give out airstrikes but you can't actually control the planes!

Love this game definitely worth the buy!
on 7 November 2011
I have the latest I7 laptop but this game keeps freezing mid game very frustrating and annoying not impressed with title.
on 11 December 2009
Graphically the game is very good, no question. The cinematic option is superb. Is it realistic? No. Is it fun to play and easy to get into? Yes. There are much more realisitc games on the market but to master those takes a lot of time and effort by the player (Theatre of War, Combat Mission spring to mind).

I'm a hardcore WW2 game player, particularly board wargames (Advanced Squad Leader 400+ pages of rules). Realism and attention to detail are out there but I like this game becuase it is light, easy to get into and enjoyable.
on 9 August 2011
A fantastic war game which requires a lot of skill, a fast PC Is must to play this game to enjoy the great graphics and in game play.

See one answered question