on 25 February 2011
This crepe maker is excellent - simple to use, quick, simple to clean with a basic easy to follow tasty recipe. Spreading the mixture onto the hot plate takes a bit of practice but at least it has sides to stop the drips. The only bonus would have been a ladle or small measuring cup to know the right amount of mixture to pour to make the perfect crepe, however it's not rocket science. Level 4 heat works best for me.
on 29 December 2013
I got this for other things besides crepes. It is neat, compact & lightweight. I do Scotch Pancakes, or bigger American pancakes. Also Griddle Scones. It heats up quite quickly & there is a bit of trial and error to get the best temperature for whatever I'm doing, but once that's sorted I know what heat I want in future. The utensils that come with it are really complimentary & the wood in time will get rough & scratch the surface, so I purchased a 'Profi Plus Crepe Dough Distributor', from Amazon, which works well & you don't get sticking problems with it. I got a Swedish Spatula that's specifically for crepes from my local Cookshop as Amazon didn't have what I wanted. With Crepes & Pancakes I scrunch a piece of greasproof paper & with a little vegetable fat on it, I give a quick, light swipe over the top. No mess with brushes etc. Recommended.
on 27 October 2010
Great item, good price and excellent quality. I am oppening a business and i got these. Totally reccomend it.
on 30 July 2013
Really pleased with this. We enjoy crepes bought from festival stalls and am hopeless at cooking pancakes in frying pan at home. The crepes this makes aren't as big as the crepes you buy at festivals, but they are still dinner plate size, and so larger than a frying pan pancake. A tiny little booklet gives the crepes recipe, which is different to a pancake recipe, and you have to let it stand for an hour before using it, but it works really well. It is tricky to do the swirly thing, that is obviously a skill to acquire, but even after only having used it twice I am getting better at it. The wooden implements supplied are fine for swirling and flipping, best to soak them in water before use, stops the crepes sticking. Really pleased with this !
on 7 August 2014
Makes great crepes and pancakes, easy to use and easy to clean. The crepes/pancakes are pretty much the same everytime which suggests the temperature control is good. No hesitation in recommending.
on 16 May 2014
I bought this as a present for my 16 year old daughter's birthday. It is very easy to use and creates evenly cooked crepes of drop pancakes. I visited Paris soon after I had given this to her, and bought a brilliant Tefal Crepe turner, the one provided is a bit too thick.
on 2 July 2014
one week in from purchase - absolutely brilliant. easy to use, easy to clean. the kids have even mastered the art of crepe making too. this machine has really been put through its paces this week with friends visiting - theyve gone home to buy one now!
on 23 November 2012
Great crepe-maker from a reputable firm, well constructed and does what it is meant to do. No complaints as it makes crepe-making as easy as possible and is easy to clean. Comes recommended!
on 29 December 2012
Makes great crepes without the need to use messy greasing first. Cleans easily and heats quite fast. Every kitchen needs one!
on 7 April 2014
This crepe maker is very easy to use the the crepe and omelettes off it are amazing very happy with our purchase