5.0 out of 5 stars Best child's toy ever!!
WOW!!! These are just as I remember them, lots of fun, very durable and great for teaching colours, numbers and balancing!!!!

My little fellow loves playing with these, he's 3 and we play counting games, balancing games, colour games and make things with them!!

Hours of good clean fun to be had with these!!!!
Published on 20 Jan. 2010 by Mum of three

3.0 out of 5 stars Good basic toy - wish I'd got it when she was 2
Published on 10 April 2011 by Liz

5.0 out of 5 stars Best child's toy ever!!, 20 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Cotton Reels (Toy)

Hours of good clean fun to be had with these!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best toys, 20 Oct. 2010
happy harry (Norfolk England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cotton Reels (Toy)
One of the best (and cheapest) things I have ever bought and believe me i've been through lots of toys. had so much fun with these bought another one for friends little one. Takes them through lots of stages and ages stacking and the best bit knocking them down, (which pleases my 9 month old) learning colours, counting and threading. (which my 3 year old with development delays has really enjoyed) Great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, 22 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Cotton Reels (Toy)
Bought this for my 2yr olds birthday as a bit of a filler present - she loves it! It's been good for learning to thread, colours, counting, turn taking, building towers and learning all the language that goes with these games - oh and of course just plain rolling them about for fun! I'd highly recommend them for 18mths +

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant yet simple., 3 Sept. 2011
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Cotton Reels (Toy)
I've bought this educational toy for my nephew. There are 20 cotton reels in four different colours so five of each in Red, Blue, Yellow amd Green. Also a thick threading string. That's it! The reels are of standard size and are perfect for little hands to handle as is the string. The reels are well finished so no sharp bits at all as you'd expect. They are great! So many uses for stacking up, colour sorting, counting, threading of course which kids love! You could even play in water with the reels I suppose? My nephew is two soon so a perfect age I think for these as preperation for early nursery as well as them being fun!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cotton Pickin fun, 11 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Cotton Reels (Toy)
My son who's autistic loves these cotton reels as they help him concentrate & help with his fine motor skills, each time he plays with it he gets 10-15 mins of entertainment out of it, which is great in my opinion for such a cheap & simple idea, well worth having as an extra item in the games cupbard.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good basic toy - wish I'd got it when she was 2, 10 April 2011
This review is from: Cotton Reels (Toy)
This amused my 3 year old daughter for 10 minutes when it first came out the box, but she has shown no interest since when I suggest it. I think she would have got more out of this a year ago - now she is happy with her colours, and can build towers of bricks etc fairly easily, so that only leaves the threading, which only kept her busy for a little while. She's old enough now to understand that beads or something pretty would make a better necklace, but would lack the co-ordination to thread that sort of thing.

The plastic cotton reels are very durable and could be played with by a very young child, although you'd obviously need to take the cord away. Lots of interesting holes to shove your fingers in :-)

Very good value, but of limited interest to a 3 year old (well mine, anyway!)

4.0 out of 5 stars The cotton reels themselves are fantastic! I use them with a home made 'posting ..., 16 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Cotton Reels (Toy)
The cotton reels themselves are fantastic! I use them with a home made 'posting tin' with kids aged from 1 - 4. In case anyone's interested, you get one of those 'sharing' tubs that you get snacks (Twiglets, cheese footballs etc) in at Christmas, trace round one of the ends of the cotton reels in the middle of the lid, cut out the circle shape and show the children how to post the reels in. Literally hours of entertainment! However, for some reason they've changed the thread that comes in the box, specifically the plastic coated end, making it much smaller and harder to manage which is a shame. the first set I bought the thread was great!

4.0 out of 5 stars So many ways to play!, 16 April 2010
S. Evison (Lincs, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cotton Reels (Toy)
Bought this for my one year old, it's a good price and will have a long shelf-life. He loves it now - he plays with the reels individually, they're good for little hands and there are lots of ways we can play in the future, they can be used for learning colours, stacking, rolling, threading, banging together etc. They're also good for slipping into a bag for a bit of entertainment on the move as they're quite versatile and quite compact. Recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but fun, 21 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Cotton Reels (Toy)
So simple but so many ways to use these. We havent got to the lacing stage yet but the building and sorting by colour is great. Big fan of galt products.

5.0 out of 5 stars good toy, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Cotton Reels (Toy)
I bought this for my 4yr old grandson who has autistic tendencies and no coordination he enjoyed trying to thread the cotton reels while I held the thread for him I think this is a good toy for children to learn coordination skills

Cotton Reels