Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Straighteners on me are as much use as a chocolate fire guard, as I am on the folic ally challenged side. However, my pruner who has long hair, loves straighteners, and over the years has amassed a collection from the likes of Remmington, Braun, GHD etc so she was the perfect choice for the review.

In her words, they heat up quickly, and are easy to use. They glide through the hair easily without too much trouble thanks to the ceramic floating plates and are comfortable to hold. There is an average length of cable and the LCD display tells you the temperature which can be controlled. The hair afterwards was straight and easily styled. The Inotec design makes the hair less frizzy and more shiny, which did seem to work - but only slightly. May be more of a gimmick?, but she said it was slightly weird as she could hear little static discharges when in use.

She loved these straighteners and for the price, you can not fault them. These are a fantastic substitute for GHD's.

She said she will still use her GHDs and keep these spare, as she has had her GHD for many years and likes the feel etc of them. She compared you driving one car for several years then getting in a newer car where the driving position and controls are different but still achieve the same goal.

If you are looking for a good pair of straighteners without breaking the bank, at the 40 notes they are currently selling for, these are very good value for money.
VINE VOICEon 19 October 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This hair Straightener is a nice bit of equiptment, it feels good quality, comes nicely packaged, and has a decent set of instructions, (on a massive bit of paper!)

On the downside, wish companys would give all straighteners a heat proof bag and also enable the device to clip together so takes up less space in the drawer. None of that with this device.

Having said that this device is supposed to be better for your hair than some, it did encourage me to use it at the lower temperature than I would have and it worked a treat, all straighteners tend to say dont go over a strand more than once and of course nearly everyone must do several to get the effect they want, in that way this is no different.

Display is very clear and the device very easy to use, the size is medium , so not small but not terribly big. Easy to adjust the heat and warms up very quickly.

Love the fact it uses ions to help your hair, there is a setting where moisutre is attracted from the air to your hair to help it, it seems positive and I liked it.

In hardly any time I had a good effect on my hair and will be keen to use it regularly.
* Only had an initial try but the option to use it for curls as described is not easy and not convinced as yet!
VINE VOICEon 10 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have never used straighteners before in my life. I have curly hair which, when I was young, I used to dry on huge rollers - either in front of the old-fashioned toaster or over the gas hob. The house always smelled of burnt hair in the morning. So early on I gave up and just got used to the frizz, bounce and curl and got on with life. Various products have helped with the taming over the years but this little Braun beauty has been a total revelation.

I have avoided using hairdryers and other heated equipment because I didn't trust them to care properly for my hair. So I was nervous of the straightener to start with. But all the instructions are easy to understand, the whole process is very user-friendly, and the system of red and green lights tell you exactly what is going on all the time with regard to the heating and cooling. Even for people like me with no previous form it has been a piece of cake. All I've had to do is experiment to discover what settings are best for my hair.

And my hair looks great! I can now smooth out all the sticky-out bits and over-enthusiastic bounciness, get rid of the frizz and - if I wish - enhance any random curls I might want to hang onto. AND my hair is shiiiny! I love it! Recommended.
VINE VOICEon 10 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have had my GHD's for years only had a small fault back in 2008 which was fixed by the manufacturer and returned to me and they are still going
strong to date ... I am that worried about being without them I have a back up pair...

I quite liked certain aspects of the Braun model in the digital display was really good, GHD model I have hasn't got that, they heat up I use them simples ...

I couldn't really see any 'Shine' difference to my hair to be honest... maybe my hair is so dried out there is little chance of ever seeing any shine in it.
They heat up quickly but think most do.. I am impressed with the switching off feature as, as careful as you are thereto ensure you switch them off there could always be that time you forget.
Its a shame they do not come with heat pad and keep bag .

I really would recommend these for someone who was just starting to use
straightners as being able to select the heat setting you require, the
automatic switch off and the easy to handle (not heavy at all) are all good features.
I will keep these in my drawer at work as always handy on a windy day to have a pair to hand ...
Good price, nice product and does what it says on the tin
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A simple set of straighteners that seem to work well enough on both my wife's hair and also my daughters.
They heat up quickly and keep their temperature well. They have quite a large body, so you can get a good grip - although some will find this bulk a bit more difficult to handle, so I would suggest you have a look and hold of these before you make a final decision.
They do actually seem to reduce the frizz in hair, although I have no idea about the scientific claims and whether they actually mean anything in a "proper" science way.
We also tried the 'Braun Satin Hair 7 Straightener ES 3-C' straighteners, and awarded them 3 stars, so this set are somewhat better.
As with other Braun straighteners it doesn't feature a heatproof mat or bag of any kind, so you still have to find somewhere safe to perch it while it cools - a disappointment as many cheaper sets do have one or the other of these.
If, like me, you have short hair, I fear you would find them less than ideal. With all the bulk I mentioned earlier, it can make if tricky to get close in.
All in all a good product, but could do with a heat mat and a storage bag, and is not the cheapest set of straighteners around.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've used ghd's for about 10 years and love them but my current one's are getting ready for replacing so I thought I'd try out another brand to see what's out there now. I was mostly interested to see what difference (if any) the added features would make. Ghd's usually just have an on and off and are pretty standard. They do a brilliant job but there's no bells or whistles with them.

These actually took a bit of faffing around with to get the right temperature for my hair and I don't know if that's something that I could be bothered with. I have long, thick hair and although they did the job of straightening well enough it did seem to take a good bit longer than usual. Not sure if it was because the plates are smaller than I'm used to or if they just weren't up to the job of tackling my amount of hair. In the end my hair was straight and it lasted the day without any touch up's needed but the time involved was a down side.

| really like the digital display and the coloured light to let you know what temp/setting you're on, that's really helpful.

Considering the price I think they're a great buy.
VINE VOICEon 30 October 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I must confess to having to turn to my wife for a full test of this product, as I have little hair left to straighten. Braun is a reliable company, well-known in the field of grooming and personal care products, and these straighteners are no exception. They are not the brand leaders, as that claim is made by a company with three letters in their name, who I will not advertise here. However, those are hugely more expensive than the Braun item reviewed here, and do much the same job, for much more money.

These feel well-made, and have a good balance of weight to usability. They are ready to use after a speedy heat-up, and seem to straighten the hair as well as any others that also to do this job, and better than some. The claims that they are kinder on hair are hard for me to comment on after a couple of trial uses, so cannot be verified here. They are priced in the mid-range, and that is how they should be perceived.
And there is not much wrong with that, let's face it. Hence five stars, as they do work, and do what they claim to.
on 7 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm a big fan of Braun electricals, especially their straighteners, and these are right up their with similar priced models. The build quality as always is very good, feeling solid without being too heavy. They have a range of temperatures (130 to 200) to choose from and the last temperature used is stored in the memory for next time which is quite handy. Heat up time varies depending on how hot you have them, but on the whole it is not too bad (I'd have liked it to be a tad quicker though). The display screen flashes red while it is heating up and turns green when they're ready to use. They also have a Max power button which you can press to give it a heat boost for difficult areas of hair. The active ions feature seems a bit of a gimmick though, and I can tell no difference at all with this function on. The 24mm plates aren't the slimmest in the world, so may not suit very short hair.

All in all, a very capable pair of straighteners for the price, but nothing really remarkable to make them stand out from any others.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I really like these straighteners. I use them to straighten my hair and to add a curl to the ends. I haven't used straighteners on myself before, but I found these easy to use.

I like that they encourage you to use a low temperature setting of 160C rather than 200C to minimise damage. My hair is really bad at holding a curl, but if I use these at 160C with no additional hair products, the curl stays for half a day or so. If I straighten it, it stays smooth till the next day. They are easy to set and digital display tells you when they reach the right temperature. The ion feature is easy to use - just press the button and you can hear it working. When you finish using them, if you leave them plugged in they tell you when they have cooled down. The cord is nice and long and feels good and substantial.

The only downside I can think of is they don't come with any kind of rack to put them on while they cool down. Though the price is low enough that you can forgive them that.
VINE VOICEon 19 October 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I had just washed my hair when these arrived and was about to use my old straighteners. So I tried them straight away, they have a sensor technology, and if you dye your hair (I don't) it maintains the colour and reduces fading.
They have made my hair not only straight but my hair looks and feels soft and silky. No static or frizz, after using my other straighteners if I went out in the damp my hair would go frizzy and curly, not these been out in the rain and still straight and very smooth. I will say I also have a shine to my hair which I didn't have before, being a grey haired lady it's difficult to see any shine.
I am very impressed with these straighteners, even if you only want them for straightening hair they are well worth the price for the condition it gives your hair, I used to use products to stop the heat damaging my hair but didn't use anything with these and no damage, no fly away ends just sleek shiny soft hair. Thoroughly recommend very impressed with them.