5.0 out of 5 stars A good straightener at a decent price
Good:
=====
Attractive and solidly constructed. The body is a mix of black plastic with red and chrome highlights while the heating elements themselves are glossy and frictionless for smooth straightening.
My wife said it seemed to be less damaging to her hair and she appreciated how you could set the temperature based on hair thickness.
After around a...
Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable pair of hair straighteners
Published 7 months ago by Mr. Christopher Lancaster

5.0 out of 5 stars A good straightener at a decent price, 21 Nov 2013
Amazon Customer (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good:
=====
After around a month of use, she thinks that her hair colour (red) is stronger than it would be normally, though not to a huge extent. Other dyes and hair types may react differently to the straightener, of course.
It also seemed to cool down faster than the ghd after use, probably due to the vents next to the heating elements.

Mediocre:
=========
Compared to the ghd straightener, it's quite a bit bulkier and feels cheaper. However, it's also significantly cheaper and includes more options, justifying its size increase.

Bad:
====
It isn't as effective on wet or damp hair, but so far as I know, no straightener in this price range is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, well made straighteners, lightweight, 7 Nov 2013
Paul Stewart "Paul Stewart" (Stocklinch, Somerset) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughter had a set of GHD hair straighteners which broke so I gave her these as a replacement.

She says they are not as quite as good as the GHDs but they are a lot cheaper. The 'blades' are not as long apparently.

She liked the teperature control, very easy to set and monitor

She does not not have to use an extension cable, as the lead is 2 metres.

The size and weight is good for travelling, hand luggage friendly.

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, great results, 7 Oct 2013
Mr. Stephen Redman (York England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My 21 year old daughter with her long blond hair reviewed this product with me!

The packaging is typically Braun, both professional and swish, inside the straighteners are well packaged and yet easy to access. The controls are simple and intuitive.
My hair is unusually thick, so I tried it on the hottest setting, after the mid-setting was clearly not very effective. Probably the mid setting would have been fine for someone with average hair thickness, but I have blunted a number of pairs of hairdressers scissors in my time!

The straighteners straighten hair well; they weren't the most effective straighteners I've ever used (GHD's at double the price), but they get the job done effectively.

However, they were incredibly noisy! It sounded like there was a snake in the room with you, rattling away. It was quite distracting and slightly disturbing (if you don't like snakes!)

As for the colour protection aspect of the straighteners, the box states quite clearly that the colour protection only works on the medium heat. And it doesn't clearly state whether there is any other reason it protects coloured hair, other than by it being a cooler setting, which is obvious enough anyway, if you want to protect your coloured hair.

Not a bad product, but I think you can get a much quieter pair for an extra 20 or so, and if the noise concerns you then you ought to take this into account. However the build quality seems to be very good and I am confident that I will get a long life out of them, so I just need to overcome my fear of snakes! Amongst more affordable pairs of straighteners, I am doubtful that you would find any that were better made.

5.0 out of 5 stars No dry out, 21 Nov 2013
Toby le Rhone (StaffordshireUK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My teenage daughter raves about this straightner, says her hair actually feels less dry after using it, after suffering with her cheap old one and moaning on at me about it I gave her this as a pressie. I am pleased with it as it doesn't get as hot and has safety features the old one didn't, I was constantly paranoid with the cheap old one that the house would be burnt down it would get that hot. So this one appears a safe model and apparently doesn't dry hair out to an appreciable extent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep it dry., 21 Nov 2013
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The hair straighteners look the business, they feel solid and not at all flimsy (like some cheaper sets can). But the proof is in the straightening and my others half's beautiful locks were used to experiment on.

Initially these were used on wet hair, I know that such devices aren't meant for wet hair but in the real world people use them that way. My other half tends to dry and straighten her hair in one go and these weren't very good at the job. The hair was dry and it was straight, but it wasn't *that* straight. So initial impressions weren't that great.

However... When dry, these proved to be excellent straighteners and what I thought was a gimmick (the ions giving extra shine) turned out to be true! My partner's hair was shinier than usual and she was incredibly pleased with the results. In terms of features this has the usual things such as auto turn off and a fairly quick heat-up time. The display is small but clear, instead of choosing a temperature you select the thickness of your hair and it determines the heat you need - this actually works pretty well and although it didn't seem as hot as her usual straighteners, it did a better job.

In a nutshell: If your hair is dry when you straighten then consider this a 5 star review, if you tend to dry your hair immediately after emerging from the shower - these probably aren't for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good straighteners..., 21 Nov 2013
Mike J (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These have a nice quality feel to them and lots of temp control options in an easy to use layout with a good LCD screen to see what's going on. The ceramic plates seem good and felt smooth during use.

My wife currently has a pair of GHD straighteners and has very long, thick, dark hair. She tried these ones and said they compared well to the GHD's, but said she preferred the GHD's when it came to getting the hair straight. The Braun ones performed very well, but sometimes people just prefer what they prefer.

However, she definitely felt that they did add more shine to the hair which she liked a lot. We can't comment on the colour preserving nature of these, as she doesn't have coloured hair.

She now uses the GHD's to straighten, and finishes off with these to add shine. If she didn't have the GHD's, she would be very happy with these ones in their place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Straighteners, 20 Nov 2013
Neil Goodacre - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Once again I've had to defer to the wife for her thoughts on these. I'll start with the bad news and move on to the good news.

Bad news is that you can't tell at a glance what temperature the plates are at. You can tell the straighteners how thick your hair is and it will heat itself accordingly but once they're hot, you can't tell exactly how hot they are (although I did step on them once and can say first hand that they were very, very hot). Beyond that though, there's really very little to moan about.

Neither of us really understand the science behind it but when my wife's hairdresser last visited (a sentence that sounds way more pretentious than it is) she commented that her haior seemed healthier and the only change was using that she was using these straighteners. Couple that with the fact that my wife has coloured hair and these claim to be designed with coloured hair in mind, it looks very much like they do what they're intended to do.

So there's little else to say other than that these are good straighteners that really do, apparently, help look after coloured hair!

4.0 out of 5 stars Braun Satin Hair 7 Straightener ES 3-C, 20 Nov 2013
S. Bruch "Shelbycat" (Llanelli) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly i have to say that this review comes with the caveat that i am a hair straightener virgin so i have nothing yo compare this product to.

Having said that i think they seemed to be pretty good. I have very long (waist length when curly) hair that is also pretty curly so this is probably a good test of these straighteners. I have only managed to do a small part of my hair but i tested this on a really long piece of hair and also some really curly hair and it worked really well. I ended up with a super-long section of smooth and straight hair.

The only things i didn't like were the fact that it makes a really wierd buzzing sound, i'm not sure if this is normal but it is a little worrying. Secondly there isn't anything to put the hot device on while you're using it, or something to store it in when you're not using it. Again i'm not sure if this is normal but it wasn't something i liked about this particular device.

I will now have to pluch up the courage to straighten my whole head of hair to see what i'd look like. Given the amount and length of my hair i might have to draft in my other-half or start doing some kind of arm strengthening exercises!

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable pair of hair straighteners, 20 Nov 2013
Mr. Christopher Lancaster "clanca1234" - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I bought these for my daughter who has very thick and long hair, and has struggled with hair straighteners in the past. These sounded good as her hair is very fine (although thick), so the nine different heat settings sounded ideal. She's used them for a few weeks now, and they do seem to do the job. The cable is very long (two metres) which is good if you want to move around whilst straightening. The only downside is that they seem to really make a mess of your hair when if it's not quite dry when you try to straighten it. Would have been a four-star review if not for that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Straighteners., 20 Nov 2013
RJW - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Finally found a replacement for the old GHD pro model that has been used for many years, and was due to be replaced.

These heat up quickly and give a notification when at the right temperature.
Hair glides through easily, no snags.

Took a while to cool down, but this is the only gripe really.

Braun Satin Hair 7 Straightener ES 3-C