4.0 out of 5 stars Great boot but be careful with inner lining
Published on 14 Feb 2010 by Olive Murphy

3.0 out of 5 stars no half sizes on Amazon?
even with a new thick pair of walking socks - the six was too big for my skinny 5 and a half feet.

The boots looked great and were very light but had to go back. I know Karrimor make half sizes so why don't Amazon sell them?
Published on 6 Dec 2010 by Mrs. K. O'Haire

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boot but be careful with inner lining, 14 Feb 2010
Olive Murphy (London) - See all my reviews
I bought these mainly based on the reviews on Amazon and the great price they were on offer for. They arrived and fitted nicely. However, I made a massive mistake of wearing socks which were not higher than the boot and got badly cut by the boots. The inner lining at the top of the boot is plastic and because of this I got friction burns which were quite sore. It was my own fault as it was something I could do with my previous boots. Great fit otherwise and well made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh to walk in comfort, 8 May 2010
This review is from: Karrimor Women's ksb Orkney III Ladies Weathertite Hiking Boot (Apparel)
These boots have given me a whole new lease of life. I suffered for years with painful knees and weak ankles. After a podiatrist suggested getting good walking boots, my problems have reduced by 75%. They are not big or heavy I wear my boots daily, walking the dog up hill, down dale, through woods, over streams, to the beach or along the roadways. I have never had a blister, wet feet, slipped, fallen or "gone over on my ankle" as I used to. The support is super. Don't think they would go with an evening dress!

5.0 out of 5 stars These boots ARE made for walking!, 6 Feb 2011
I bought these boots based on the reviews already posted. The only concern I had was whether they would fit my wide feet.I have also recently had foot surgery so my tootsies still need a bit of TLC! I am usually UK Size 7 or 7.5 I bought the 7 which looked VERY narrow when I took them out of the box but although they were a bit tight to start with on my "bad" foot they were not excessively so.I took out the insoles provided and substituted my own purpose made foot beds so that would have used a little extra space as well. I did not find they rubbed my ankles at all as one previous review had stated and I don't wear long socks with them, in fact I wear thin short socks because I suffer from hot feet. The boots felt light, supportive and comfortable. I like the way they open wide to allow ease of putting on which can be a bit of a pest with walking boots. I found the laces were long enough and did not need tying in a double knot to keep them secure(although too short for double knotting)I wear them on a daily basis, in all weathers, to walk my dog through wet fields and woods and they seem waterproof. I feel they still need a bit of breaking in but I think that's just my feet rather than the boots and for people with "normal" feet I am sure they would feel extremely comfortable from Day 1. I hope they will last for years although as walking boots go they were an excellent price.Delivery was good too - just a day later than promised which wasn't bad given the weather conditions in my area at the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars working boots, 11 Sep 2010
C. Ashmore (cheshire england) - See all my reviews
i ordered these boots as i work outdoors in all weather found them a little heavy at first but soon got used to them really good quality keep my feet warm and dry i hope to have them for a very long time

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 22 Feb 2010
I normally buy men's boots as they are wider fittings which I need to accommodate a swollen big toe joint but after reading earlier reviews decided to risk buying these. I'm delighted with the width of them and find them very comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars These boots are made for walking, 22 Feb 2010
Mrs. Jean M. Parry "Jean Stoke" (Leicestershire, Enggland) - See all my reviews
I ordered these boots with money received from Christmas. They are superb -comfortable and watertight and have also been very useful in the snow with their non-slip soles. I am an oap so I think they will `see me out`. They are altogether very satisfactory and the price was very competitive as well. Thanks. Jean Parry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boot at a fantastic price, 23 Feb 2010
D. Richmond (Hertforshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I ordered these boots during the recent snow snap. They arrived in good time for me to get some use out of them. I have recently taken them on a skiing holiday too and have performed really well. Overall, an excellent purchase at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the Job, 30 Nov 2010
Jess Millar "Jessthebored" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I bought these to wear on a week-long conservation holiday in Glencoe during Summer. I've walked through wet grass, puddles, through streams, over moss bogs, on pebble-beds, through peat-bogs, up a mountain, over boulders, up steep rocky climbs...pretty much every conceivable scenario...they kept my feet dry throughout! Not only that, they're breathable and comfy too!

I'm size 6-6.5 and the 6 fitted me perfectly, even with a good thick pair of hiking socks on.

I have been using them to trudge through this deep snow we are currently experiencing, and still my feet remain dry and the excellent grip sole has prevented any slips or falls on the slippery parts.

Overall, an excellent boot for the price; provided you look after them, they will look after you.

Also- Karrimor boots come with a lifetime guarantee, so keep your receipt and register on their website.

5.0 out of 5 stars dry and warm, 23 Nov 2010
Have just received my boots and as we have had some awful weather they have been well and truely tested.I did take note of a previous review about sizing.I am a size 6 but took the chance and ordered a 7 glad I did so much more room and can wear a nice pair of thick socks.So now I am prepared for any weathers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, 10 Feb 2010
Great boots. Took a couple of walks to break in. Very warm, roomy and comfortable.