4.0 out of 5 stars great fun and not bad value for £20 rrp
My 6 year old got 2 go go hamsters and on carpet they tend to get bits of fluff caught in the wheels. They run much better in the fun house and my daughter giggles her little head off watching them run round and around and bump into each other. I think more than two might make it a bit crowded and my daughter wouldn't find it as funny with just one go go hamster...
Published on 27 Dec. 2009 by D Wells

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money
Published on 11 Nov. 2009 by Debbie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars great fun and not bad value for £20 rrp, 27 Dec. 2009
D Wells "BusyD" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zhu Zhu Pets Deluxe Funhouse (Toy)

So far we have the sleep dome add on (which the hamsters get stuck in so we had to block it off) and the sk8t board and u turn which works well but you have to attach the board to the hamster yourself.

I've found the house stays together well and isn't at all flimsy. The house has notches on the floor that the hamster "reads" but we haven't figured out yet what that actually does! The tunnel between the "bedroom" and "kitchen" has a lid that lifts up because the hamsters do occasionally get stuck.

At £20 I dont think it's overpriced and my daughter has spent far more time playing with it than any of her other Christmas toys.

Overall, I think it could of been done a bit better but my 6 year old loves it and if she's happy, I'm happy. I'd recomend it if you have carpet and even if you dont, it keeps the hamsters in one place and is more fun than watching them on a big space.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 11 Nov. 2009
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Zhu Zhu Pets Deluxe Funhouse (Toy)
Have the full set of hamsters with the house and garage. In my opinion the house and garage are not necessary and fun can be had with the hamsters alone. I echo other reviews, the house is plastic and much too expensive and I suggest you go see one in a store before you buy as I think that would convince most that its not worth money. The images are printed onto the floor and are of bathroom and bedroom via tunnel.
The garage Ive added on is always falling off or loses its roof. After 2 mths my daughter is still playing with her hamsters but hardly touches the garage/ house which is eating into her floorspace.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS COOL!, 30 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Zhu Zhu Pets Deluxe Funhouse (Toy)
this funhouse is AWESOME. don't listen to the reviews that say its rubbish. it is good and so fun. i guess it is a little flimsy plastic and one bit does come apart but comes back together easily. i think that this is a must have.

review from a 9 yr old

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute little hamster home, 27 Sept. 2009
Dr Phibes "Dr Phibes" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Zhu Zhu Pets Deluxe Funhouse (Toy)
The go go hamsters deluxe home is basically a bedroom and bathroom linked by a small tunnel all made of plastic. The images are printed onto the floor. Place the go go hamster (sold separate) inside and it will keep banging against the walls until it finds the tunnel and goes into the next room. Quite amusing but for £30 I think too expensive, more than I paid for a real hamster cage.

I think the hamsters are fun on their own and this set is not necessary. Can be linked to the Garage but this makes it quite cumbersome.

3.0 out of 5 stars Go Go Goooooooooo!, 31 Oct. 2009
twinmummy (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zhu Zhu Pets Deluxe Funhouse (Toy)
This is made out of very flimsy plastic, and also comes apart easily. Really it's very expensive for what you get. Basically just two rooms. To make this fun you really need some add on's which jacks the price way up.

My kids have just as much fun playing with their hamsters on our wooden flooring - I guess if you only have carpet the house is a must.

I wouldn't recommend this item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy plastic, 13 Nov. 2010
A Kid's Review
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Zhu Zhu Pets Deluxe Funhouse (Toy)
The funhouse is good but it is made of very flimsy plastic. It's quite hard to put together but comes apart easily. There are little sensors on the floor that stops the hamster that is running around from changing from Explore Mode to Sleep Mode. The sensor senses the little stump at the front of the hamster and keeps the hamster going. Overall, I think the hamsters alone are brilliant. You don't need the plastic playsets to fully enjoy the hamsters. The vehicles are okay but the hamsters (I think) are the best things in the Zhu Zhu pets range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Go Hamster Funhouse, 4 April 2010
This review is from: Zhu Zhu Pets Deluxe Funhouse (Toy)
I am 8 years old and I love the fun house. It is great fun watching the hamsters play in the house. I recommend this for 4-10 year olds.

1.0 out of 5 stars Over rated, 1 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Zhu Zhu Pets Deluxe Funhouse (Toy)
I bought this for my kids for Christmas and the kids really weren't interested. The hamsters are amusing for a short period but the funhouse is a bulky item to have around the house, unless you absolutely love it all. The best thing to do is buy a hamster and see how much interest your child shows - if they love it then buy this if not then you haven't wasted your money on a large piece of plastic taking up a lot of space!
PS if you do buy it only get a couple of hamsters to go with it - I got all four hamsters and there wasn't really enough room for them in the house

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome fun!, 8 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Zhu Zhu Pets Deluxe Funhouse (Toy)
Love this & so does my nephew which is the main thing! really good fun & has lasted really well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the hype!, 31 Dec. 2009
Neil Anderson (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zhu Zhu Pets Deluxe Funhouse (Toy)
I bought 2 hamsters, the deluxe gift set, and the car for my 4 and 6 year old boys. Christmas morning we set it all up and within 20 minutes boredom had set in and neither of them have played with it since. There is no interaction with the hamsters other than to watch them darting around. The garage doors kept falling off every time the car was put back in the garage which in turn meant the roof of the garage also came off. How this toy became the 'in' thing is beyond me (there must be some very good advertisers out there). A lot of money for cheap plastic rubbish that will be in the bin by Easter. Avoid, or wait a week and choose from the masses that will be on the 2nd hand, hardly used market!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›