on 3 May 2010
The Ex-Pro Premium cable is a 2m mini-HDMI to standard-HDMI cable. Described as a replacement for Canon HTC-100, that is just what it is.

As you would expect with digital content, the cable works perfectly. Without access to the Canon component it is not possible to make any comparison of the look and apparent build quality.

This product is reasonably priced unlike the OEM Canon product which carries an outrageous premium for the name - after all it is only a cable.

Strongly recommended.
on 11 May 2011
This lead works perfectly - the Canon item is 9x the price and is no better! Visual quality of pictures and video is greatly enhanced (full 1080p video on an EOS 550D). Plugs fit well and lead feels like a quality item.
on 12 January 2011
A genuine Canon lead will cost you £40 plus.
I bought this lead for my Canon Camcorder, works great and I have saved a lot of money.
on 1 January 2014
I have a Canon SX280, and this cable transfers HD movies to my Sony TV with no problem at all. Showing the ocassional movie on the TV for me is going to be few and far between, but it is nice to have a cable capable to be able to it. There would be no way I would pay the silly money wanted for the official Canon cable, but this is absolutely fine, works well, looks and feels well made and durable. Would definately recommend it.
on 31 December 2010
I bought this lead to use with my Canon 500D.

The lead well constructed and produces a great picture in combination with the camera. Have used it playback to family and friends and also to screen out poor quality images before upload to the PC.

A highly recommended upgrade over the basic video leads that come with the camera. No need to waste your money on the official overpriced Canon lead.
on 20 November 2012
Bought this lead as didn't want to pay the extortionate amount for a Canon branded one. Works perfectly well when connected between your Canon DSLR and HDMI equipped TV. Excellent value for money would recommend.
on 12 March 2010
Received as ordered,good quick service but I couldn`t get it to work
don`t know if it is faulty or if it is a problem with my 5ood camera
still working on it
,J.D.
on 3 May 2010
I hope Sparky Davis got his problems sorted out with this cable because mine is absolutely fine.
His review made me think twice about ordering it, but in the end I decided at the price it was worth the risk.
I'm glad I did because I am very impressed with the results.
I did not know how much to expect from it because viewing photos on the TV has always been far inferior to using the computer, but if anything I get a better picture now on the TV, so I am highly impressed.
Pay £50 if you like, but I am happy with this.
on 30 June 2011
Faultless - having purchased the wonderful (but expensive) Canon IXUS 1000 with full HD video needed the cable to make the most and appreciate through the TV. This came in at a fraction of the Canon manufactured cable (40 quid or so less) and is just as effective. Hooks camera straight up to TV, no need to upload or run any other software, and astonishing HD video captured by the Canon unit is played out in glorious widescreen. Recommended.
on 12 July 2011
I am not technologically minded but found this cable extremely easy to use (just plug one end into the camera and the other end into the TV HDMI socket) and I was instantly able to view all the images and video clips straight from my new Canon powershot camera to my 40" Sony TV (camera switched on and HDMI channel selected on TV). Amazing! A real bargain at a fraction of the price of the Canon version of the cable.

See one answered question