4.0 out of 5 stars Oven door lock
Published on 15 April 2012 by Tasha

1.0 out of 5 stars bad product
the lock fell off as soon as the oven got hot! up to 180 degrees it was fine and stayed on, but when i used the oven yesterday on 220, it just fell off. i'll have to buy some heat resistant glue now to make it stay on, as its the only lock that seems to fit our oven.
Published on 2 Jan. 2011 by essie

1.0 out of 5 stars bad product, 2 Jan. 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Oven door lock, 15 April 2012
This review is from: Clevamama Oven Door Lock (Baby Product)
I bought this lock to prevent my little one from opening the oven door as he liked to hang on it. The lock did a a good job for sometime. And design allows you to put it on almost any kind of oven with no hastle. But after a while the glue resedue bacame loose and after the oven was on and hot the lock just kept falling off. We tried to re-adjust it with other double sided sticky tape but it was not the same. And I did not want to use a super glue not to damage the cooker. So I ended buying another one, which again lasted for a while but then we stopped using it all together, thankfully the baby lost his interest in hanging on the door.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fabulously, 28 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Clevamama Oven Door Lock (Baby Product)
This oven door lock is really hard to get open, so if you have souffles in the oven (as if you would have time to make those with little kids running around the house, haha ; ) than make sure you are there before your timer runs out because it will take a couple of seconds to push the clip down firmly enough to unlock this gadget and get your oven door open. But hey, that is exactly what you should be looking for in a child safety article!

Also: You will need to have patience / a weekend at grandma's to install the clip properly because the self adhesive on the back of the attachment panel needs to be left in peace on a cold oven for 48 hours... so it is best done when there are no curiouse little hands around the house... But once its on, its on!

Short version: fab oven lock!

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell off!, 21 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Clevamama Oven Door Lock (Baby Product)
It fell off less than a week after we put it on!! Maybe it depends on the type of oven you have, but it didnt work on our Bosch oven.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!, 11 May 2010
This review is from: Clevamama Oven Door Lock (Baby Product)
This product is very poor and doesn't do what it's supposed to at all. It's great if you're not using your oven, but when the oven heats up it stops the glue on the pad of the lock being sticky and our lock just fell off! Not very effective at stopping a child opening the door of a hot oven! Feel very strongly about this as it could so easily cause an accident, especially if you assume the child cannot get the door open so are not watching as closely.

2.0 out of 5 stars 15 mon old was able to open oven door within days, 12 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Clevamama Oven Door Lock (Baby Product)
The lock actually works by pulling towards yourself and then turning and holding the knob at a 90° angle to get the oven door open. On the package itself it says you depress the top lever/button and then rotate the knob to open the door, which would be better. Within a couple of days my 15 month old managed to open the door because he figured out on the first day that all he had to do was pull on the oven door and the lock was able to be turned. He just had to manage to rotate it and have it stay in place while pulling on the door. I believe it was more random luck than anything, but this is not designed well.

As for other issues that posters mentioned, I have not had a problem with the adhesive coming off when using the oven. I did however, keep the oven off for 2 days just to be safe. I have used the oven many times at over 200°C without any problems.

All in all, it's an ok lock but don't expect that it is toddler proof. I wish there was an alternative that would fit my oven.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for us!, 1 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Clevamama Oven Door Lock (Baby Product)
I've bought several of these and am back for two more. We use this on cabinets as well as the oven door and my 15 month old will bang the doors back and forth trying to open them. There's a little leeway but he can't get his fingers caught which was important to me. I will say we've had to replace one of the locks already but that was due to adult error--we have it on the under sink cabinet to prevent a different cabinet from opening and my husband keeps forgetting to turn the lock before opening the under the sink cabinet (I've done it once but seriously the hubs has done it at least 5 times that I've witnessed!). The good news is that the adhesive comes off without damaging the cabinet face--we're in a rental and I was a bit worried we'd have to pay to resurface the cabinets when we leave but it was worth the risk to keep the baby out of cabinets.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it said on the tin., 9 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Clevamama Oven Door Lock (Baby Product)
As opposed to some buyers here this little device works well in our kitchen.

We have a Samsung oven which already has a lock on the buttons but our toddler have the endless attraction to try and open the door when the oven is cold (she was told and know not to get close when it's hot).

The oven got the flat surface needed for this device to work and also cool door and face when at work , I would hate to think what will happen if your oven has no flat surfaces at the front close enough to the door lip or if the face is hot.

Following the instruction did the trick, cold oven, clean the surface with some alcohol, pill and stick firmly, wait 48 hours and it's ok to go.

To release press down the lever. Our toddler can never open this by her self due to the precise angle needed to push the thing down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stays fixed perfectly - and defeats curious son, 6 Sept. 2012
Martin Dunsterville "martindu" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clevamama Oven Door Lock (Baby Product)
Having read some of the negative reviews, I was a little cautious ording this, but needn't have worried.

The instructions state that the lock should be stuck to the oven when cold, and the oven not used for a min of 48 hrs (to give the glue time to set). We've placed it on the control panel of the oven (as per the picture on the packaging), where it is now firmly fixed a couple of weeks later.

It's currently defeating my curious 12 mth old son, so seems to be doing its job so far. It's very easy for adults to open, can be done with one hand, so not a massive inconvenience.

My only worry now is how to get the thing off when children are old enough to know better...

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit oven door, 5 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Clevamama Oven Door Lock (Baby Product)
Unfortunately we never got to test use this oven door lock, because it doesn't fit anywhere on our oven door. There aren't really instructions on the website before one buys the item so only when it arrived did we realise that it didn't fit our oven. It is supposed to be stuck somewhere on the front above the oven door, but that's where on our cooker (and most other models, I would suspect) the knobs are. Given that we have a bog standard BOSCH cooker I suspect that this might happen to quite a lot of people. So beware, if there's no space of min. 7cm at the front of your cooker between or on either side of the knobs, you won't be able to use this.

Clevamama Oven Door Lock