5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful gadget
I am really pleased with this digital picture frame and think it is excellent value for money. Before using it I would advise downloading the full manual from Samsung's website as the instructions supplied in the box are very basic.

Published on 5 Dec 2009 by Mr. L. J. Petch

1.0 out of 5 stars On to my 2nd New One and Still Problems.
Samsung SPF107H 10 inch Digital Photo Frame
Published on 25 Aug 2009 by Ms. Laraine Ward

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful gadget, 5 Dec 2009
Mr. L. J. Petch (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung SPF107H 10 inch Digital Photo Frame (Electronics)

It looks great (the styling matches Samsung's LCD TVs), the picture quality is excellent and there are lots of transition effects. It can also display a clock or calendar while showing your images and in addition to the regular slideshow there are also two multiview modes. You can choose whether to display all photos, a particular folder or even select the individual pictures that you wish to be displayed.

After you have installed Samsung's FrameManager program on your computer, you simply connect the frame via USB (with the mains lead in) and choose whether to use it as a picture frame, a mass storage device (to copy images across) or as a secondary monitor. When used as a secondary monitor you simply drag programs off the right-hand side of your main computer screen and they appear in the picture frame.

If you insert an SD card or USB stick then the frame will instantly start displaying the pictures on it and you can also copy them into the frame's 1GB memory. You have the option to reduce the images to the frame's native resolution (1024x600) when copying but I would advise against doing this as no sharpening is done after the pictures are shrunk and they end up looking rather soft compared to the originals. I get much better results resizing and sharpening images on my PC and copying them across via USB.

All in all a great gadget and well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't see the point until I bought this....., 4 Jan 2010
This review is from: Samsung SPF107H 10 inch Digital Photo Frame (Electronics)
Really pleased with this frame that I bought as a present for my mother-in-law. Didn't really see the point of them before - why buy a frame when you can just look at photos on your PC. But the thing is, I never do, always busy doing something else when I log on so to have one of these frames in the kitchen, conservatory or somewhere else you choose to relax would be a great idea. My mum-in-law doesn't have a PC so it's the ideal option for her. The fact that you can use the item as a clock or calendar too (while still displaying the photos) gives you another good reason to use it.

Biggest plus point - photos really easy to load onto frame, even a whole batch of different shaped/sized/quality snaps that I scanned in via PC came out great with no adjustment required on my part.

Biggest negative point - comes with an utterly useless user manual and neglects to tell you that you can download a 'proper' user manual from the website.

1.0 out of 5 stars On to my 2nd New One and Still Problems., 25 Aug 2009
Ms. Laraine Ward (England) - See all my reviews
Samsung SPF107H 10 inch Digital Photo Frame
I bought this frame because quite honestly it looks fantastic. Fabulous clear defined picture and a smart clean lined frame. Great for slideshows but I couldn't get it to show a single photo. With everything selected to show a single photo continuously (with no transition and the slideshow off) it still pixilated the photo every single minute as if it was showing a slideshow of one picture. I went to their site and downloaded their manual as you only get a one and a half page user manual with it which marries the various functions to the buttons on the back of the frame. No joy there so I emailed them and got a very speedy reply which told me to do everything the user manual had instructed which I had followed to the letter. I returned it to the store I bought it from the next day as faulty and reluctantly accepted another one in exchange. This one is exactly the same. Even their pictures which come with the frame pixilate when shown in single photograph mode with the no effect ticked. I was held on their 0845 helpline number for 55 minutes before getting through to a very helpful guy who talked me through everything I had already done. After one hour and 17 minutes...He established the problem is in the frame and he is getting their IT proffs to look at my problem and hopefully come up with an answer in the next couple of days. A lot of money, time and energy for very little reward so far. I'm very frustrated with this frame.Samsung SPF107H 10 inch Digital Photo Frame

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Frame, 16 July 2011
This review is from: Samsung SPF107H 10 inch Digital Photo Frame (Electronics)
I purchased this picture frame because it had a higher resolution than others at the same size/price range and I have been very delighted by this product. Loading pictures onto the device is easy (its just like any USB flash drive) and if you want to switch images inserting a flash drive/sd card changes to that output which makes quick switching between albums nice and easy.

It looks great (similar to my Samsung LED TV) and the picture and transition quality is just brilliant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent picture quality, 21 Feb 2011
This review is from: Samsung SPF107H 10 inch Digital Photo Frame (Electronics)
this was bought as a present so have not had much experience personally with it.
Have been told that it is a bit fiddly downloading pictures to it but that it has an excellent picture quality.
Guess that you are only going to download pics once in a while so this should not be seen as a problem.

2.0 out of 5 stars A good photo frame, but..., 15 Nov 2009
Jeremy Smith "jjs113" (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung SPF107H 10 inch Digital Photo Frame (Electronics)
Don't buy this if you run 64bit Windows on your PC and want to use it as a second monitor. What all of the marketing blurb and packaging failed to say is that the driver software won't work in 64bit Wwindows, and Samsung have no current plans to provide support for this. It is a good photo frame, but for me, what should be its stand out feature doesn't work. Is it worth the price without it - probably not. If it did work I would rate it 4 or 5 stars.