5.0 out of 5 stars Tangle toy
I brought this for a little boy with autism he loves the tubular feel of this and it seems to work at calming him down for short periods which is helpful to his mum. This was great for him because regular toys do very little to engage him.
Published on 4 Feb. 2010 by H. Irvine

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than expected
I bought one of these for my 3 year old autistic nephew, and my sister reports it does seem to ease his stress at entering new situations - but is easily lost as it is so small. I also expected the tangle to have different textures - but mine was just a smooth,hard plastic with black and yellow sections. An okay product.
Published on 22 Jan. 2013 by jot1973

5.0 out of 5 stars Tangle toy, 4 Feb. 2010
H. Irvine (Liverpool, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Toy for Grownups, 20 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Tangle Creations Jr Textured Great For Adhd/Autism (Colours Vary) (Toy)
This is the second Tangle I've owned. The first was the Tangle Relax, and I'll compare this one to my Relax.

This Tangle is durable. The Tangle Relax has a rubbery (but not sticky) texture, this Tangle is made of hard plastic. I still love the Relax, and I bought a replacement for it, but it's not going to last forever. I assumed that would be the case when I bought it. If long-term durability is important for you, this one is better.

This Tangle is easy to keep clean. I love the way the Relax feels, but it's surface makes it less than ideal at times. It would get dirty, and after awhile, it started looking permanently dirty. This one is better for taking out and about, shoving in pockets or purses, and for places with lots of germs.

This Tangle stays posed. I don't know how to explain it, but the Relax is floppy. You don't even have to shake it to get it to lose it's form. This Tangle can be posed and will stay put.

This Tangle doesn't necessarily match the picture. This is a big deal for some, and not a big deal for others. I enjoyed the surpise, but others may want something more specific. Also, if you want "girl" colours or "boy" colours, there are other sellers who offer that.

This Tangle doesn't lay flat. The Relax comes with exactly 20 pieces, and you can put it in shapes that lay perfectly flat. This one has 18 pieces, so I'd either have to remove two pieces or buy a second and add two peices to make it lay flat.

Buying a second might be a good idea anyway. If this is your first Tangle, be prepared for people to ask to hold it and play with it. This always drives me a bit crazy, and I like having a "backup" when possible. Also, it's not good to have one break when you rely on it like I do. My first one broke during a very stressfull week and I went a bit mad until my new ones arrived.

Overall, I love these things. They've been super helpful in dealing with anxiety and stress. With all the attention my Tangle gets, I don't think you have to have a mental health issue to enjoy one either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fiddle value!, 7 Jan. 2012
My son has ASD and suspected ADHD. This little thing is amazing for fiddle value - you can twist it, take it apart, reconstruct it - its fabulous! Great for improving dexterity as well. Big hit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than expected, 22 Jan. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars good object for a fiddly child, 25 Sept. 2011
T. O. "T" (South England) - See all my reviews
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
really good for my neuro-typical 7yr old who has destructive tendencies when his hands are bored. arrived within a week and was smaller than it appears, but just the right size for my son, pretty good all round :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant item, 23 July 2012
I ordered theses items for my son who has asd and also for my resource bag as i work with special needs children absolutly fantastic to keep them entertained will deffenetly be ordering more .

1.0 out of 5 stars Not textured, 30 Nov. 2013
georgina g (Hammersmith, London) - See all my reviews
The product was not what was pictured, the product shown has differently textured portions,the toy that arrived was completely smooth. I it bought from midco toys and would advise anyone to be weary if this seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting, 6 Mar. 2014
Great product. I will be getting many more for all my students with ADHD, DCD (Dyspraxia) and Aspergers/Autism/NLD. This seems most interesting to people with Aspergers, autism and NLD (some Dyspraxics too if they have issues regarding heightened sensitivity. This one can pop apart a bit too easily if the untextured ones are not evenly distributed between the textured ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good to chew!, 9 July 2014
This is ideal for children and adults who like to fiddle and fidget. The textured pieces are also good for children who like to put things in their mouths and the colours are stimulating. Recommend these in schools, I use mine at Uni when my students can't stop fidgeting!

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 1 Sept. 2013
Bought it just because it said it's great for autism. Honestly ...silly me. Maybe it's great for autism but not for my son with ASD. It's ok if I need to keep his hands occupied, but he is not very interested in this thing. And it is not textured by the way...