5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, and entertaining
I originally had this on video for my daughter who loved it, and was thrilled to now see it on dvd, and bought it for my grandaughter. It fun and refreshing, and makes a great change to some of the childrens t.v currently being shown. My grandaughter is only 1, but is dancing to the songs, a hit yet again!!!
Published on 17 Feb 2011 by Ruth

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing
I was recommended this for the grandchildren's visit. However, it didn't last too long or retain their interest for long.
Published 21 months ago by Nana

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, and entertaining, 17 Feb 2011
This review is from: Spider Series I [DVD] (DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent retro alternative for your kiddies ..., 10 Jan 2011
This review is from: Spider Series I [DVD] (DVD)
I only vaguely remember this animation from its original release but my better-half remembers it far too clearly, & she uses it as her DVD of choice to entertain the little ones. The songs are lovely and animation is brilliant (old school pen & ink animation). The characters have a scribbled nature to them but that only adds to the charm.

If your little ones aren't a fan of spiders, they might some of the episodes a little creepy but most of the series are great to watch, listen to and sing along to whether you like spiders or not.

Even I have to admit to missing animation such as this.

Only problem I have with the DVD (and I'm assuming this is due to the re-mastering process) is that the sound is pretty low.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spider Series I - New Edition of the Original by Graham Ralph, 8 July 2010
This review is from: Spider Series I [DVD] (DVD)
purchased this for my friends son as my children watched it when they were young still makes me laugh and sing along recommemd to anyone who has small children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality - still a pleasure to watch!, 14 Dec 2011
This review is from: Spider Series I [DVD] (DVD)
Received this item within the delivery time specified for the option I chose (in fact, I believe it was slightly earlier). It was shrink wrapped, brand new and the packaging was in excellent condition. The DVD contains all 13 episodes of the "Spider - I'm Only Scary 'cos I'm Hairy" series (I believe there was only one). The DVD is of very good quality as is the sound. I bought this to remind my 22-year-old daughter of what she used to watch when she was 2! And it's STILL a pleasure to watch. A definite must-buy for fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars whats to say..its SPIDER haha, 27 April 2012
This review is from: Spider Series I [DVD] (DVD)
This was to replace a video copy watched it with my little one and enjoyed it just as much as the first time I saw it! And Little one enjoyed it too haha

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a favourite in our house!, 3 Mar 2012
M Belle (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Spider Series I [DVD] (DVD)
Like so many other reviewers, I bought this many years ago in VHS format. I also bought the DVD a few years ago, but gave it away. I now have another young daughter and couldn't wait to buy yet another copy of this lovely set of cartoons.

The songs are excellently written and performed. They sort of lull you into the stories. The animation is just so cute and the way the spider is depicted is very well thought out. Even kids who hate spiders would love this...unless they have a massively uncontrollable phobia. It's very captivating and there's a lot of humour mixed in with the charm.

I'd recommend this to anyone with small children. You'll soon be singing all the little songs. ''Spider in the bath, spider in the bath. Creepy crawly, creepy crawly spider in the bath. You know he's only there because he wants to have a laugh....'' Yes, we love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Spider DVD, 7 Jan 2011
Spider Series I - New Edition of the Original

This is a fabulous, short series from the early 90's. Packed with fun, charm, innocence and beautiful songs played on an acoustic guitar, it is simply what childhood is about, there is no silliness, farfetched or nauseating entertainment that you currently find in some of today's programs for children.

I bought this DVD simply for nostalgia as I loved it as a child and I found that it has lost none of it's entertainment value or charm. It certainly has not "dated" and I will look forward to one day sitting down with my own children to watch this DVD.

Many thanks to this seller!

Sarah

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful little stories...., 4 Dec 2014
Amanda (Maidenhead) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spider Series I [DVD] (DVD)
I agree with others on her....these are lovely little stories, told beautifully. My boys now 21 and 23 remember them well and I think of them fondly. Sadly, these days, even very young children are so used to loads of TV channels, tablets and the like, so that's likely why a few reviewers say it's not for them. I'm thankful that my children were born at a time when there was none of the technology there is now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 10 July 2014
Great for small kids

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, sweet dvd, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: Spider Series I [DVD] (DVD)
My children love this dvd and will sit quietly to watch it - one of the only dvds they will watch in complete awe and silence. It's very cute and innocent - through a number of musical programmes (with catchy, sweet songs) a little boy goes from being scared of a spider to befriending him.

Spider Series I [DVD]
Spider Series I [DVD] by Graham Ralph (DVD - 2011)