on 19 November 2008
I think it's poinless to argue about how Bach should be played on the piano, as Bach's scores don't bear any indications as to how to play his music and also because the instrument wasn't invented in Bach's time! I find it extremely frustrating that most of classical musicians willingly confine themselves within certian sort of tradition or school of how this and that composer's music should be played like this or that way, with almost religious fanaticism sometimes. That is making classical music world boring and stuck in two centuries ago forever. Listen to jazz musicians. How refreshing and creative is the way they treat music!

Glenn's unique interpretation of Bach's Well-tempered Klavier was a breath of fresh air when the recording was released, it re-defined Bach's music played on the piano, and still has the timeless quality to challenge listeners and musicians alike, asking fundamental questions; 'What is music-making? What is role of performer?'
on 6 November 2010
A complete delight. Such a range of moods within these musical structures. But I would have been completely in heaven if I had bought the complete Gould/Bach Clavier Book 1- but I was in too much of a hurry and didn't see it until later!
on 26 April 2013
My wife has a new passion in her life... and I have to say it is one that I totally approve of. She recently rediscovered my Glenn Gould album of the Goldberg Variations and played it on a repeat loop many evenings.
So I bought this album as a birthday gift.
It is superb and quite reasonably priced.
Excellent product, promptly delivered
on 30 November 2012
It's great to have these historical tracks. Gould picks his way through these gems with great dexterity. The vocal sounds he makes add nothing but they remind us that when we all try our hardest we all often make such vocalisations
on 6 January 2013
an enjoyable CD and I have spent hours listening to it, I am happy with the product and packaging and postage was on time and well packed. Could not have been happier with this product
on 8 August 2015
I love Bach. It's like listening to Mathematics set to Music! This recording is lovely.
on 8 November 2014
Great playing
on 28 November 2013
Don't get me wrong, I love Glenn Gould's 1981 recording of the Goldberg Variations but there are things about this recording that really grate with me. In places it sounds like somebody with obsessive compulsive disorder playing the piano.