on 12 September 2009
feel very misled.
Cant believe this is shipped with the old guitar. The new model guitar has been vastly improved and should come with the bundle, or be properly advertised.
Suggest waiting for bundle containing new guitar model.
on 11 September 2009
Ignore the stars - this is just to make potential buyers aware, this is shipping with the old GHWT controller. I'm not sure yet if this is applicable to all packs sold, but I can vouch that the one I received contains the old controller, and looking on the official forums it appears lots of people are seeing this. To be fair the picture on the box shows the old controller, but it was not made clear to me when buying that this was the case...
on 16 October 2009
This is my first GH game and I think the concept is fantastic. I have played it quite a lot since getting it and find it very addictive. Saying this I am still only on 3 buttons!! But it's great fun and since buying a second guitar my husband and I have become very competitive and both enjoy it! The only slightly negative comment would be that I don't know many of the songs so this I find makes it a little harder to get the timing right. But practice and perserverance are in abundance.
All in all the bundle was very good value for money as it came with 2 games to rock out to and different songs across both!
on 30 September 2009
We preordered Guitar hero 5 with amazon along with the promise of the world tour game. When we received the game we did not get a copy of the world tour game. I emailed amazon and they suggested that to gain the free software you have to add the world tour game alongside guitar hero 5 at checkout and the difference is refunded. I have checked the site for instructions on this and cannot find them? amazon have been really helpful though and sent us a copy of world tour. Make sure when you buy a product with something free that there are instructions telling you how to claim the free software beleive me it saves you an awful lot of time and messing around. The guitar buttons also stick but thats because its cheap and plastic!
on 22 December 2009
After ordering this I read peoples comments and got a little worried, but I didn't need to. Everything was fine, I like the guitar I got (I actually think it's better than the new red one) am really looking forward to using it on Christmas day!
on 15 January 2010
My eldest Daughter is a Musician and she thought this would be a stroll in the park. Boy was she wrong. But credit where credit is due, she got to grips with the Guitar and has enjoyed many hours of fun with it. Even my youngest daughter is loving playing this game. So i would like to say that this game is not just for boys. Well worth the money I spent on GH5
on 5 June 2012
After two days of having this item, the strum bar broke, and I wasnt able to strum down, which is vital. I looked up how to fix it, and I have to have a solder, and take apart the whole guitar, and replace it. I was very dissapointed, as this is quite an effort.
on 18 September 2009
my game jus came to day opened it up an all looked fine exemp i didnt get the world tour game like it says. anyways started to play and the strum bar didnt work i had to press it realy hard for it to pick up so i have wasted £70 =[
on 24 November 2012
The game.. BRILLIANT!
The guitar.. misleading and not 'like new' as stated. Sticky keys and an unresponsive strum bar.

Overall I am unhappy with this purchase as I did not receive what I was promised by the product description.
on 13 April 2010
Fun to play and great feeling when you get the song played in the right way, which is not to hard, depending on the song and the level. Even if you never played before any instrument, you will catch very quickly.