on 9 January 2012
Absolutely delicious. No bitter aftertaste. Almost as nice as Nesquik! Makes taking protein very easy and portable. Amazing price via Amazon compared to any other. I feel confident that this will compliment my eating regime and workout routines.
on 16 October 2012
I first found and ordered these on the Maximuscle webiste last week and oh my did I wish I had checked Amazon first!
I thought they were quite expensive but really needed a ready mixed protein drink and this sounded fab. They were £23.99 for 8.
Then came on Amazon today and are currently £14.65! I ordered some straight away! When I tried the chocolate Maxi-Milk for the first time I was totally shocked by how good they tasted. For me they tasted exactly the same as Yazoo chocolate milk shakes; no funny after taste, no odd texture, just smooth, creamy and chocolatey. I have put mine in the fridge and they taste even better. For me as the sugar is a little high I use them straight after a workout even in the morning or early to mid afternoon.
The very high protein content of 30g is amazing and it's so much easier and tastier than mixing powders. It is a more expensive option but it works out at £1.83 a bottle so I think it's worth it.
on 29 January 2014
This is NOT Whey protein, yes there is whey protein in it because it is milk. This is made from Skimmed Milk powder. Just drink a couple of pints of skimmed milk with chocolate in it for same effect at less cost. Quick and conveniant is about all this has going for it.
on 27 February 2012
After buying maxi-muscle powders and ultimately wasting my money on a disgusting powder i went out and bought other protein powder which to my surprise all tasted disgusting! Then after wasting of £100 on protein powder which has only been used once, i was in my local leisure centre and saw these on display, thought they wern't bad £2 each, and fell in love instantly! Way overpriced but they taste exactly like a normal milkshake! Definitely ordering as much as my fridge can hold!
on 3 August 2013
I am not totally convinced of the benefits but the though of it as a reward during exercise is a good motivator and I do feel better afterwards ie recovery does seem to be improved. Its a nice consistency and taste.
on 27 September 2015
Loved it and was going to buy more and give it 5 stars until I saw it had nearly doubled in price but an 8 pack for around £13.25 but now price is over £24 for the same amount , ridiculous increase and can't be justified, wont be buying this again until it goes back to what it was.
on 14 January 2012
Maximuscle Maxi-Milk Ready-to-Drink Strawberry Shake - 8 x 330 ml Bottles
Maximuscle Maxi-Milk 8 x 330ml Chocolate

The Maxi-Milk ready made drinks are good value and taste lovely. I prefer these to the powders that you mix up yourself to create a protein shake and, at Amazon's price, I feel I can justify buying these shakes.

Edit 30/4/12: I rated these 5 star initially as Amazon were retailing at approx £9. However, the price has near doubled now so I cannot honestly say they are value for money anymore. I won't be buying anymore at this price.
on 23 July 2014
I struggle to keep up with my routine Monday-Friday as work takes over and its not consistent. These are brilliant for the morning shake, when your rushing out of the door and don't have time for anything. They also taste better than the Promax Strawberry mix (when I make it anyway).

Overall great for using on the go... shame that they cost so much more or i would use these everyday instead.
on 6 July 2012
I bought these back in January 2012. they turned up in good time and i was looking forward to getting stuck into them as they are really nice.

i opened up the packaging, took the case out and noticed they were a little too light. i also noticed a slight nick in the packaging at the lighter end of the case. i took the 2 light bottles out to find they have been opened, drank and returned to the packaging. the bottle lids (underneath the screw top) were all mouldy where the foil had been pulled back). there was absolutely no way this was done in transit as the packaging was perfect and showed no signs of having been tampered with (given it was so difficult to open).

I emailed amazon on several occasions and each time they tried to say i was blaming the courier, apologising on their behalf and saying they'll feedback to them.

i had to repeat myself on several occasions that it was not the courier, but it must have happened either in maximuscle's warehouse or in amazon's. there was no way they were drank en route and no way they had opened and spilled inside the box (which amazon then tried blaming).

the bottles had been removed from the case, foil lids lifted, drink consumed and bottles replaced to the case, before being shipped to me.

amongst other things, the health & safety breaches in this are horrendous - the mould on and in the bottles knocked me sick and i haven't ordered this product since from anywhere because i just can't look at the bottles.

amazon did eventually replace the item, but i gave them away.

won't be buying any foodstuff directly from amazon ever again
on 2 December 2012
I used to lift regularly and reached a reasonable build. I used to use Maximuscle and Metrx protein powders. I always opted for chocolate. Whether I mixed it with milk or water, the shake would always end up "grainy" in texture. Using a blender helped.

I bought the maxi-milk on a whim. At £9 (Black Friday sale), it was worth a go. Very smooth with none of the grainy texture I used to get with my own mixed shake. It's small and portable enough to go in a gym bag and at 330ml, isn't particularly taxing on the stomach. I've used it as a MRP (meal replacement product) ie as breakfast or lunch and it's done well to keep hunger at bay too.

Other sites seem to sell at £2-3/bottle and earlier reviews of this item seem to place the price at £1/bottle which would have been reasonable and enough to use more regularly. At the current price of £16 for 8, it's more of something to have in a rush when you don't have time to make your own.

EDIT: The above review was based on the chocolate one. I've since purchased the strawberry flavour. This is just milky white in appearance and tastes like a strawberry milkshake. It's even smoother than the chocolate one. However, the aftertaste is horrendous. If I burp, I get a very "chemical powder" taste in my mouth. I have never experienced this with the chocolate one (just a pleasant chocolate aftertaste).

So my recommendation would be to buy one of each, see which suits you and then buy more of that flavour. I think I'll keep away from the strawberry for now.